Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Ambassador Expiration: Never

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:52 am
Alf
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa HON Circle, IC Royal Ambassador, American Express Centurion, Mastercard World Signia
Talking Royal Ambassador Expiration: Never

Since yesterday I noticed a new upgrade record in my stay history. Checking the whole page I was extremely surprised:

Royal Ambassador Expiration: Never

To whom else happened this?

I did not get an E-Mail from Ambassador Services nor did I ask for the reason. Expected that it was a mistake and would change again to the former expiration date by today. But nothing happened.

The only reason I can imagine myself is that I was only booking suites (no standard rooms) for the last few months. But the number of stays or nights was less than regularly required to gain RA Status. So it's still confusing.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Does that mean that you won't get any free weekend night certs anymore??
Old Sep 10, 2006, 2:39 pm
Alf
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa HON Circle, IC Royal Ambassador, American Express Centurion, Mastercard World Signia
That would be a shame (no weekend night and bonus point certs), Paul.
I'll wait and see if the no expiration date remains.
And what will also be interesting if I'll get a new plastic card with "never" or each year a new membership kit... No idea yet!

So that's why I ask if anybody else made the same experience right now?

But I'll keep calm and not ask Ambassador Services for the case that it is only a mistake.

Last edited by Alf; Sep 10, 2006 at 3:03 pm
Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:38 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
My expiration date of next year is still showing, so it hasn't happened to all of us - almost tempting enough to book some Suites if that's the outcome!
Old Sep 11, 2006, 7:24 am

It's probably a special honor in recognition of the OP's highly successful TV show. (Bet he's never heard that TV show reference before.) We all loved it.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
There used to be a spend qualification for RA so perhaps by booking and paying for only suites, you've met that requalification standard?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 1:13 am
Alf
Original Poster

The "never" still appears, but no E-Mail or letter by regular mail yet.
As soon as I get any information from Ambassador Services I'll update this thread and let you know...
Old Sep 12, 2006, 4:26 am
Alf
Original Poster

Thumbs up Call from IHG Marketing

Some minutes ago I got an illuminating call from an IHG Marketing Rep in the United States...

As one of their VIP customers they are pleased to provide me with a lifetime RA membership according to my revenue spend at ICs over the last six months. He explained that customers with more than 80% Suite bookings and a revenue over 50.000 USD in six months at ICs or the equivalent in foreign currency fulfill this criteria.

For my loyalty with IC I'll earn permanent RA status without the need to fulfill the usual criteria in the future. Furthermore I'll get a VIP package within the next four weeks containing a voucher for a free night in a Suite in an IC of my choice (independent from weekends or paid nights), a regular free weekend night certificate and an additional voucher over 50.000 PC points.

Each year I would also get the usual RA kit with my membership card (automatically renewed year by year). Each time I'll meet the VIP criteria in a rolling six month period I'll earn a new VIP package.

The IHG Representative asked me some questions about my occupation, reasons for choosing IC and so on. He also provided me his direct phone number as my personal future contact. If there would be issues that cannot be solved on the usual way he'll do his very best to find a suitable solution.

Wow - I'm impressed. :-:

But I also got a small shock that I left so much money there over the last half year. The reason for that also was that I several times invited business partners (young attractive ladies ) for dinner and the bill at the hotel restaurant exceeded 2.000 Euro or more very quick.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 5:25 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Platinum RA, Emirates Gold, BA Silver
Congratulations Alf, well done. Thanks for sharing your news and how you got it. Gives the rest of us (very envious) the chance (very slim in my case) to strive for it too! Cheers, LC.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 6:17 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Alf
the bill at the hotel restaurant exceeded 2.000 Euro or more very quick.
Wow, when's my invite to dinner? (I'm not a lady. Too bad for me.)
Old Sep 12, 2006, 6:26 am
Alf
Original Poster

@Loyalty Club
Thank you!

@fsa_ea
Bring your daughter with you... Small joke!
I have to encourage young ladies for erotic business on the web.
And what else fills them with enthusiasm than luxury, nice hotels, excellent dinner, cocktail parties...
Always look on the bright side of life!
Old Sep 12, 2006, 7:29 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
It's good to know we are all in such good company!

Originally Posted by Alf
I have to encourage young ladies for erotic business on the web.
And what else fills them with enthusiasm than luxury, nice hotels, excellent dinner, cocktail parties...
Always look on the bright side of life!
Old Sep 12, 2006, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Nice expense account. I need a job like that.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Many congratulations on the news - I suppose it is something to aim for...
Old Sep 12, 2006, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Alf
...... the bill at the hotel restaurant exceeded 2.000 Euro or more very quick.
For which you were never awarded extra points per the PC/AMB program.

Great for the lifetime RA, however. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.