Wiki Posts
Search

I finally found an English speaking driver in Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2006, 1:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

I finally found an English speaking driver in Beijing

It was only a matter of time, but yesterday I got in a taxi which featured a large sign on the dashboard, "I am an English speaking driver." Sure enough, I spoke English and he spoke back.

The car itself was actually in the lower half of the cabbie pecking order (Jetta, hidious paint scheme, just not a sexy car), however, it didn't have the cage around the driver (which can make a good car into a crappy car).

I remain of the opinion that language ability is less important than comfort and style insofar as cabs are concerned because Beijing is pretty easy to navigate. However, I have received many inquiries from FTers over the years, for whom, smooth communication is an important consideration.

Here is his info:

Mark Ma
mamanbo at sina dot com
Old Aug 21, 2006, 1:46 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Great news! Thank you for the tip!
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:39 am

moondog: is this guy still around or anyone else u recommend?
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazypalooza
moondog: is this guy still around or anyone else u recommend?
I'm sure he's gotten a better job since I started this thread (5 years ago). Check out the main Beijing drivers thread and make some phone calls. The "English" thing is a non issue as long as you have a cell phone; people that speak good English generally don't drive cars for a living any more.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:30 pm

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.