Old Aug 13, 2006, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Ride Report: 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4

Manufacturer's Link

Overall Grade: D+/C-

OVERVIEW: I really wish my Grand Cherokee didn't break....This very much the Taurus's big cousin. It was the only option available at the time of the swap, so I took it. My advice... avoid this SUV like you avoid a Taurus. Mine has ~3K miles on it, white/tan leather. No sunroof .

This won't be a full report as there's not much to talk about. The suspension is mushy... I wasn't feeling secure at freeway speeds. I'm getting horrible gas mileage (~13mpg mostly highway driving). One highlight are the power folding 3rd row seats... but who in their right mind would try to fit 7 people in this thing?! With the seats up, there was room for my one (1!) 22" rollaboard, my laptop, and not much else. Driver's seat is not at all comfy.

Yes, there are worse rental vehicles out there... not many though.

FINAL IMPRESSION: I'm swapping this ASAP.

PROS
-- It's not a Taurus.
-- Power 3rd seats.
-- Rear A/C controls (you can tell I'm struggling )

CONS
-- It's related to a Taurus.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Got to agree with you on this one. I had one with 150 miles at DCA a few weeks ago, I wanted an SUV and this was literally the only thing they had. The power third seat was good, easy to put it down and make room in back, because otherwise there just wasn't any room.... and horrid gas mileage indeed! Drove maybe 90 miles and spent ~$30 on gas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.