Wiki Posts
Search

Ride Report: Chrysler 300 Touring (V6)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CHM
Ride Report: Chrysler 300 Touring (V6)

Grade = C- (Looks gave it a lettergrade bump)

I had a grey 300 Touring (V6) with black interior/wood trim in PHX. (115° with black leather, not fun.) It had 14K on it. The interior was in good condition.

MECHANICAL:
The engine in this car is outmatched. Slow acceleration and very poor jump to passing acceleration. It whines loudly every time you give it the gas and will tack out at about 7500-7800rpm before shifting. Suspension is good but this car feels like a boat.

Gas Mileage: 22mpg.

INTERIOR:
The seats were hot as hell, felt like someone had put hot coals in the springs my bum was always on fire! Probably because of the heat and the genius who purchased black interior for PHX. Bucket Seats were comfortable for a drive of less than 30 min, however after an hour they are uncomfortable. Cup holders on this vehicle are present but to call them a holder is a bit of a stretch, it should be called a void where drinks may be placed with a warning sticker that tells you to hold on to your drink while driving. While this instrument cluster was clear the ergonomics of the interior are severely lacking. I am 6’ and had to stretch to reach the radio controls. Steering was adequate, nowhere near best in class, but ok. This car looks tough and handled that was as well. The entire trim on the interior is cheap plastic. I think Chrysler and Cadillac went to the same cheap plastic shop. In addition the have silver carbon fiber print in the plastic around the radio and then plain silver on the steering wheel, can’t even be consistent for in the cheapness.

The back seats were adequate. I would not want to take a long trip in the back seat but a drive to the movies would be fine.

ELECTRONICS”
The radio is not quite loud enough to win over the whine during acceleration. Other than that it is a normal car radio.

FINAL IMPRESSIONS:
This is a good car to take if you want to look cool, and that is about it. Noisy ride, with very little pep. For how tough this car looks it lacks the balls to back it up.

PROS
-Looks awesome.
-Attracts a lot of attention.

CONS
-Gas Mileage.
-Cup voids.
-Handling.
-Engine (Disclaimer the V8 Hemi version of this car is supposed to be much better.)
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Thanks for the report! I'm glad I'm not going at it alone ^
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:28 pm

I had this car in vegas from Dollar and loved it.

Originally Posted by ipd054
Grade = C- (Looks gave it a lettergrade bump)

I had a grey 300 Touring (V6) with black interior/wood trim in PHX. (115° with black leather, not fun.) It had 14K on it. The interior was in good condition.

MECHANICAL:
The engine in this car is outmatched. Slow acceleration and very poor jump to passing acceleration. It whines loudly every time you give it the gas and will tack out at about 7500-7800rpm before shifting. Suspension is good but this car feels like a boat.

Gas Mileage: 22mpg.

INTERIOR:
The seats were hot as hell, felt like someone had put hot coals in the springs my bum was always on fire! Probably because of the heat and the genius who purchased black interior for PHX. Bucket Seats were comfortable for a drive of less than 30 min, however after an hour they are uncomfortable. Cup holders on this vehicle are present but to call them a holder is a bit of a stretch, it should be called a void where drinks may be placed with a warning sticker that tells you to hold on to your drink while driving. While this instrument cluster was clear the ergonomics of the interior are severely lacking. I am 6’ and had to stretch to reach the radio controls. Steering was adequate, nowhere near best in class, but ok. This car looks tough and handled that was as well. The entire trim on the interior is cheap plastic. I think Chrysler and Cadillac went to the same cheap plastic shop. In addition the have silver carbon fiber print in the plastic around the radio and then plain silver on the steering wheel, can’t even be consistent for in the cheapness.

The back seats were adequate. I would not want to take a long trip in the back seat but a drive to the movies would be fine.

ELECTRONICS”
The radio is not quite loud enough to win over the whine during acceleration. Other than that it is a normal car radio.

FINAL IMPRESSIONS:
This is a good car to take if you want to look cool, and that is about it. Noisy ride, with very little pep. For how tough this car looks it lacks the balls to back it up.

PROS
-Looks awesome.
-Attracts a lot of attention.

CONS
-Gas Mileage.
-Cup voids.
-Handling.
-Engine (Disclaimer the V8 Hemi version of this car is supposed to be much better.)
In so far as your pros, looks awesome and attracts a lot of attention it is amazing that the MSRP on this car is a paltry 28 or 29K.

I felt it handled well and is a great interior and a very safe.

It is kind of like a sporty lincoln car, but a less stodgy version desined to be driven by the owner, not a salaried employee.

also a poor man's entry level jag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.