Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted Promo For a Free Night.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Targeted Promo For a Free Night.

My Wife just received this Promo. Anyone else? She only had one Hyatt Stay Ever and it was about 1 year ago.

Dear MRS. TravelGuy,
It has been quite some time since you last visited Hyatt Hotels & ResortsŪ to enjoy the benefits of your Hyatt Gold PassportŪ membership. Because we value your membership in Hyatt Gold Passport, we invite you to receive a free night when you complete an eligible stay through September 4, 2006. Once you have completed your stay, the free night award will be good through December 30, 2006.

T&Cs
You must be a recipient of this e-mail to participate in offer. Qualifying Hyatt stay must occur at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide by September 4, 2006 to receive one free night award. To qualify for offer, you must be a Hyatt Gold PassportŪ member, provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a registered guest staying in the hotel and pay an Eligible Rate. An "Eligible Rate" is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to the Hyatt.com rate, prevailing rate, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Only one credit will be given per member, per stay, regardless of the number of rooms. A qualifying stay means one or more consecutive nights at any participating hotel or resort when paying an Eligible Rate, whether or not the guest checks out and back in during such period; award stays do not qualify. Reservations for free night award redemption are subject to limited availability and must be made in advance by visiting goldpassport.com or by phoning 1-800-228-3360 or your nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Centre. Free night award can only be redeemed through December 30, 2006 and is not transferable. Please allow ten (10) days after your qualifying Hyatt stay for the free night award to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 2-3 weeks for awards from stays outside the U.S). Free night award must be posted to your account prior to redemption. Free night award redemption is not valid at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego or Hyatt Regency Paris - Madeleine. Free night award is not combinable with Family Plan rooms, Business PlanŪ rooms, RegencyŪ/GrandŪ Club or Suites. Free night award is for room charge only and does not include incidental expenses, gratuities, service charges or other hotel-specific charges. Free night award is valid for single or double occupancy. Additional guests are subject to additional hotel charges. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and is not combinable with other promotional offers. Stays at international properties may be subject to government approvals, regulations, restrictions and taxes. Other restrictions may apply. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice. This promotion is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & ResortsŪ encompass hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Global Hyatt Corporation. HYATT name, design, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. Đ 2006 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 5:17 pm

Targeted promotions SUCK if you're not targeted. Hope the trend doesn't continue like SPG.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 6:29 pm

I got it.

Then again, I went from 25 stays in 2004 to 7 stays in 2005 to zero stays in 2006.

I guess Hyatt misses me.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
This is bad precedent. The #1 thing which drove me crazy about SPG and served as a reason to start looking around (ended up very happy with Hyatt) was SPG wholesale move from general to targetted promotions.

I hope this - i.e. the first targetted promotion in recent history - is a one-off and not a trend.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:46 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
wellllll... i could say if GP "targeted" folks who hadn't had a stay in over a year, this seems like a good way to get them back... I think those of us who play the system will get more mileage out of extra 1K and the GP promos than most will with this "one night" promo
Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:53 pm

congrats travelguy this is a good promo!
I wish I got it too!
Old Jul 19, 2006, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My husband just got it, I didn't. He hasn't "stayed" at a Hyatt since the last FFN promotion.

Looks like he'll be "staying" again soon
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:44 am

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Mary2e
My husband just got it, I didn't. He hasn't "stayed" at a Hyatt since the last FFN promotion.

Looks like he'll be "staying" again soon
My wife also hasn't "stayed" at a Hyatt since the last FFN promotion, sadly she has not gotten the offer so far. What is the date of the email offer?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I received it late yesterday 7/18.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I got it too....I don't see this targeted promo as a trend just as a way to woo back customers who have seemingly 'gone away'. There have been other targeted hyatt promos before...for example, diamond for a suprisingly low number or stays, etc.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:15 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I was made Diamond on March 1 on a Marriott/ Priority Club status match. I then stayed 2 revenue stays (& 2 award stays which don't count) in March & nothing since then. Maybe I'll get targeted next winter !
Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:42 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
I got it.

Then again, I went from 25 stays in 2004 to 7 stays in 2005 to zero stays in 2006.

I guess Hyatt misses me.

Our stays went down considerably too, in our case due to their program changes, so it is up to Hyatt...
Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Which program changes do you mean? PL no longer counting as a stay if its done with a qualifying incidental, lack of FNN so far this year, other?

Originally Posted by peter42
Our stays went down considerably too, in our case due to their program changes, so it is up to Hyatt...
Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Which program changes do you mean? PL no longer counting as a stay if its done with a qualifying incidental, lack of FNN so far this year, other?
Or it could also be that non-hyatt stays do not earn stay credit or confusion over eligible rates, internantional properties no longer obliged to give RC access, clubs closing down....

Maybe those?
Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Good points - they slipped my mind

The other is no stay credit for award stays when they were done with qualifying incidental.

Originally Posted by smilee
Or it could also be that non-hyatt stays do not earn stay credit or confusion over eligible rates, internantional properties no longer obliged to give RC access, clubs closing down....

Maybe those?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.