Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Another Hyatt in Japan will open its doors in Kyoto, a very beautiful and historical city in the western part of Japan. The hotel is scheduled to open it's doors on March 3rd. This hotel is a re-branded hotel which was a local Japanese hotel so the building is 25 years old, but it seems they have completely renovated the whole property. The room photo looks very nice.

As a Japanese, I can say that the hotel's location is very convenient for tourists. Located in the heart of Kyoto, a short taxi drive from Kyoto station. Kyoto can be reached easily from Osaka by train, just a 30 minute ride. The primary airport is Kansai Int'l (KIX) and has a direct train to Kyoto, a 75 minute ride.

It seems that the hotels is not bookable through hyatt.com yet.

Check out the detailed hotel website:
http://www.hyattregencykyoto.com/english/
Old Jan 16, 2006, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Other than Sanjusangendo and the museum, though, I'm not sure there's a whole lot going on in that neighborhood, ie, I would want to eat dinner somewhere more central before heading back at night, and it's a bit far from other sightseeing areas.

I wonder if this is the same hotel that I popped into to use the lavs at the last time I visited Sanjusangendo.... The rooms do look nice, though.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 4:54 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
... as much as I like the Hyatt Osaka and the Regency Club there... HR Kyoto will be my home from now on... I just wonder what Cat. it will be... the HR Osaka was only a Cat 1, a VERY good deal in Japan for the points...
Old Jan 18, 2006, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by thezipper
... as much as I like the Hyatt Osaka and the Regency Club there... HR Kyoto will be my home from now on... I just wonder what Cat. it will be... the HR Osaka was only a Cat 1, a VERY good deal in Japan for the points...
It does seem like a great deal.......I booked a suite using points (great deal for double the room and at almost 1000 sq ft in Japan...) for my visit later this year....has any FTer stayed in one of the suites at the HR Osaka? How's the location? It seems it's a bit detached from the city? No?

Do Diamonds get free health club and pool access like the GH and PH Tokyo?
Old Jan 20, 2006, 2:47 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I'm looking to be in the Kansai area ~ end of Feb. I'd really love to try this place as 5 min travel from Kyoto-eki sure beats the 30+ from Osaka-eki. Any word if this Hyatt will have Regency or Grand Club floors??? [The new web site just answered my silly question... of course they do]

Last edited by thezipper; Jan 20, 2006 at 3:23 pm
Old Feb 6, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I looked into rates. 24000 ++ for non prepaid rate. About 30 to 35% more than Westin. Also. Since this Hotel does not have a Lounge further discounts value to me. I will stick with the Westin unless rates fall.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I looked into rates. 24000 ++ for non prepaid rate. About 30 to 35% more than Westin. Also. Since this Hotel does not have a Lounge further discounts value to me. I will stick with the Westin unless rates fall.
I thought that it wasn't so bad, provided it's a very good hotel. However, I personally won't stay there until I here more about (maybe on Flyertalk...), even if it's just a look around the lobby. It looks nicer in the pictures than the Westin, though.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
My Westin rate for the same night is 18800 all in.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:55 pm

The Japanese web site is up and running... This Link has room layouts you can click on the right side of the page... The following are translations of the room types.

ゲストルーム = Guest Room
デラックスルーム = Deluxe Room
デラックス コーナー = Deluxe Corner
デラックス バルコニー = Deluxe Balcony
リージェンシー スイート = Regency Suite
リージェンシー エグゼクティブ スイート = Regency Executive Suite
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:19 pm

Level 4!

I just talked to a GP Diamond Customer Service agent, and was told that this property belongs to Level 4!

Higher rates (than Westin) without RC lounge...this probably won't be my choice in Kyoto.

Since I will be in the region next week, I could stop by the hotel to take a look at it...
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:54 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Hyatt Regency Kyoto - opened today!

The Hyatt Regency Kyoto looks great!
Considering that they renovated an old hotel, they've done an awesome job.
I've uploaded some photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66559596@N00/
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:21 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thank you for the pictures. Are you staying there tonight? What is your impression of the rooms?
You're welcome! Yes, I'm staying here tonight. My impression of the room is quite a lot better than I expected. Though this is the smallest room in the hotel(~30 sq.m.), it is equipped with a 32 inch LCD, DVD player, rather small but functional Japanese styled bath & shower, and most of all, the room has a Japanese atmosphere which I haven't seen in other Hyatt properties. Overall it's comfortable here.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Grand Hyatt Tokyo

Originally Posted by miroqua
You're welcome! Yes, I'm staying here tonight. My impression of the room is quite a lot better than I expected. Though this is the smallest room in the hotel(~30 sq.m.), it is equipped with a 32 inch LCD, DVD player, rather small but functional Japanese styled bath & shower, and most of all, the room has a Japanese atmosphere which I haven't seen in other Hyatt properties. Overall it's comfortable here.
Looking through your pics....is that suite an upgrade, or did you pay for it? It looks spectacular!
Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:20 am

Sorry, but I care about little things! What are the toiletries like?

Room looks great. How would you say it compares with the GHT (if you have stayed there)?

Thanks
aa
Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:34 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
This looks like it might be the old Kyoto Park Hotel. Can you confirm that that is what was renovated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.