Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by canadaeastRM
Does anyone think it worth the time/effort to request early recognition of SE based on my current milage (92,625) added to the fact that I am under contract on an unlimted flight pass for November? Heck I'd pay the bill this month if it made it better... any thoughts?
I doubt you'd get much sympathy from AC.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:55 pm
k22

Programs: ACSE 100K 1MM
Does anyone think it worth the time/effort to request early recognition of SE based on my current milage (92,625) added to the fact that I am under contract on an unlimted flight pass for November? Heck I'd pay the bill this month if it made it better... any thoughts?
I calculated I would end the year on 99,850 but have decided not to take the chance having followed the experience of others. Too big a chance to take. I'll find an extra 500 mile leg somewhere.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 5:12 pm

Programs: AC-SE, SPG-P
Not sure if Sympathy is what I'm after...

Kind of figured these would be the responses - not really looking for sympathy as much as an acknowlegement of the committment to the airline. If not for the fact that I am commited to several more months of flight pass payments I would not even raise the question.

Recognize this would be exceptional in any case - I guess I'll wait until March - just hate that I'll qualify somewhere around Nov. 13ish - thems the breaks I suppose... It's only really an issue the first time you qualify and I suppose its sort of a "taking your lumps" scenario... if if's and buts were candy and nuts...
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:36 pm
k22

Programs: ACSE 100K 1MM
Kind of figured these would be the responses - not really looking for sympathy as much as an acknowlegement of the committment to the airline. If not for the fact that I am commited to several more months of flight pass payments I would not even raise the question.

Recognize this would be exceptional in any case - I guess I'll wait until March - just hate that I'll qualify somewhere around Nov. 13ish - thems the breaks I suppose... It's only really an issue the first time you qualify and I suppose its sort of a "taking your lumps" scenario... if if's and buts were candy and nuts...
Why not hop down to Sao Paulo and back? Two overnight flights, 10K miles, very little jet lag, all for about a $1000. And if you have certs, wide open I availability. Then you are all set. It will help if you have a UK passport as it avoids potential Visa issues.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:02 pm

that pesky job thing...

I have a fair bit of latitude in my job but that would be pushing it I suspect. I was reading a bit on the AE website and it mentions granting the status in november or december in some circumstances so maybe.... not to mention I'm not so certain the whole milage run thing makes a ton of sense for me - have trouble reconciling paying just for the privledge of sitting on a plane... but thats's just me
Old Nov 1, 2007, 5:05 am

Programs: AC S100K

Like you I will pass 100K on Nov 15 and would like to have SE status just for wait lists etc. I was SE year before last but only made it to E for this year. Might type an e-mail and see what they say but don't hold out much hope.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 11:43 am

yeah... nope

I tried - they said they wont...
Old Nov 1, 2007, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
AC has so many extra SE's this year dont expect much.... the Pass product and the "hot" economy has got a lot of NEW status customers...
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Speaking of early recognition, I became instant E two weeks ago, and immediately selected my options. I have read that it takes about three to four weeks to get the initial package. Unfortunately for me, I am taking a flight to the Caribbean in two days, and I likely won't have the upgrade certs (SSWU) by the time I leave. To make matters worse, I have no scheduled flights before next March, meaning I may have to waste the SSWUs!

Is there any way for me to call AC or AP to get the SSWU cert serial numbers that are coming to me so that I could upgrade online? Or, am I SOL?

I have printed my online AP statement to show that I am E in order to get lounge access (as I've read here on FT). Hopefully this will work...? Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 1, 2007, 5:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
propofol- YGM with SSWU cert # (all SSWU certs have same number)
Old Nov 1, 2007, 5:42 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Having the cert number is one thing ... but he will have to have the cert in hand in 2-days for the flights ... cannot see them being couriered that soon even if they would do it.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 6:20 am

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
It sucks for me. I missed early recognition and stand at 33,289 with 41 segs. This week my LAS trip will put me over the edge for the first time! My question after reading this thread, I will not get any notification other than E being recognized on my boarding pass till Jan-Feb 07? Looking forward to the star alliance gold boarding benefits and using the RCC and US Air lounges even though I have heard they are ghetto compared to MLL. I already have a CIBC MLL pass so I have really enjoyed the MLL's while getting around this year!

Anyone who could answer my question would be appreciated!
Old Nov 4, 2007, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by greenlotus
It sucks for me. I missed early recognition and stand at 33,289 with 41 segs. This week my LAS trip will put me over the edge for the first time! My question after reading this thread, I will not get any notification other than E being recognized on my boarding pass till Jan-Feb 07? Looking forward to the star alliance gold boarding benefits and using the RCC and US Air lounges even though I have heard they are ghetto compared to MLL. I already have a CIBC MLL pass so I have really enjoyed the MLL's while getting around this year!

Anyone who could answer my question would be appreciated!
Correct - unless you get lucky.

You will be invited by e-mail to choose your E options some time in December - choose quickly and your E card and benefits should arrive in early January. As soon as you have the card, you can enjoy the RCC and US lounges.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 11:56 pm

Programs: CM Gold, SK EB Gold, SPG Gold
The "real" date is 31 October? Well, my qualifying flight was on 2 Nov (TG 793 JFK-BKK), and I just checked my status on AP site - I'm now E, just selected my benefits package. If the package arrives in the next couple of weeks, I'll be very happy.

I wasn't aware of early status recognition (from nothing to E/SE) for 2007, so I was only expecting to get a 2008 package. Last time I got "early" recognition from P to E. Well, anyhow, this is nice. Anyone else qualifying to E after 31 October?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by danielsan
. Anyone else qualifying to E after 31 October?

I qualified on November 2nd as well, on a flight from HKG to YYZ.

Like you, I selected my benefits package and will be pleased if something arrived over the next couple of weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.