Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways to sponsor EuroPride gay festival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-1548.html

10% DISCOUNT on flights to EuroPride.
Use the password BAPRIDELON
Old May 24, 2006, 1:24 pm

Angry

Shocking! I'm going to cancel my EC membership!

Old May 24, 2006, 1:35 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
And I thought chasing the pink pound was so last decade

Comp UGs for the best outfit? Invol DGs for the worst?

What aspect of gay pride does this festival celebrate? Getting smashed / mashed?
Old May 24, 2006, 2:04 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
What aspect of gay pride does this festival celebrate? Getting smashed / mashed?
Excerpt from the quoted article:
EuroPride London 06 is a two-week festival featuring a schedule of over 400 exhibitions, film screenings, sporting events, comedy shows, theatre performances and music concerts to showcase London’s vibrant gay and lesbian culture.

The festival will reach its climax on EuroPride 06 Day, Saturday 1 July 2006 when up to half a million people will attend a colourful parade which will for the first time pass down the London’s world famous Oxford Street and Regent Street.
Old May 24, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
How wonderful that 37 years of gay liberation should be celebrated with a "colourful parade". I'm sure those who suffered so much prejudice as recently as the 1980s must be both proud and grateful for this concession to potential sponsors.
Old May 24, 2006, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Mr Silver will be writing to the Daily Telegraph about this!

Jayne O'Brien has said that she wants to use event sponsorships to change the perception that BA is a bit stuffy, citing BA's sponsoring of Kylie Minogue's "Showgirl" tour as an example, so I'm guessing this is part of this strategy.
Old May 24, 2006, 9:24 pm

Programs: BA, DL, AA
^ ^ ^

Another reason for me to do BA. Yes, some people may over do the celebration, but there is nothing better that the opportunity to celebrate together all aspects of life. ^ ^ ^ After all, I do not see much differnce between this event and the World Cup.
Old May 24, 2006, 10:40 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
Originally Posted by Mr MCO
^ ^ ^

Another reason for me to do BA. Yes, some people may over do the celebration, but there is nothing better that the opportunity to celebrate together all aspects of life. ^ ^ ^ After all, I do not see much differnce between this event and the World Cup.
I agree they are very similar the world cup and EuroPride are both ball sports
Old Jun 30, 2006, 8:21 am

So it's arrived and the forecast is glorious. ^ Have a fab time at the parade if you're going - we'll see you at the gala on Sunday. And if Europride isn't your thang then I believe you have some football-thingy to keep you entertained? Whatever you're doing, have fun! (You can tell my office has already begun the weekend....)
Old Jun 30, 2006, 8:52 am

There is even a BA chill out lounge at the event. I wonder if I will be called to speak to an angry Gold Card holder with 5 guests?
Old Jun 30, 2006, 9:29 am

Oo, thats an improvement on the usual airline involvement.

I remember last time I went to one of those things (smashed, mashed and waiting for mislaid friends who had gone looking for dropped contact lenses in the forested areas of Hyde Park) there was a Delta airlines 'chill out lounge' where you could shelter under large fake palm trees and fluroescent light.

Almost tempted me to try Delta.. Almost.

There were also people in costumes giving out bmi "fun-packs", did anyone get one? Was thinking it would be a bit like the Qantas kids pack with pictures of the Wiggles to colour in.

Have ten types of fun over the weekend, and don't forget the sunblock.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
So.. Will the BA lounge require an appropriate coloured card to access the chillout area?
Old Jun 30, 2006, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
So.. Will the BA lounge require an appropriate coloured card to access the chillout area?
Indeed - and is there a "lounge access" chart - afterall, we wouldn't want to upset our OW partners
Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
Indeed - and is there a "lounge access" chart - afterall, we wouldn't want to upset our OW partners
I wonder if there will be an Arrivals lounge for the next morning?
Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
I wonder if there will be an Arrivals lounge for the next morning?
I doubt they will risk an MB spa however!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.