Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Kiev - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France

Does anyone have any information on the future opening of Hyatt Kiev - forseen for August 2006 - looks like reservation is not open yet and CS has no information.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
Does anyone have any information on the future opening of Hyatt Kiev - forseen for August 2006 - looks like reservation is not open yet and CS has no information.

Now, December 2006.

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/features/...deSearch=kievh
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA *G
I don't see any reason for it not to be open in December, the exterior looks to be fully done - the delay is probably in renovating the inside (I was in Kiev recently)
Looks like it's gonna be a nice property, brand new. The location is really quite good, 5-10 minute walk to Kreschatik, the main drag in Kiev. Closer to downtown than the Radisson SAS (about a 5-10 minute walk from the Hyatt)
Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:05 am

The new HR KYIV will be open in June 2007

I have been getting just a tad concerned regarding the delays in opening the new Hyatt Regency Kyiv so I wrote to the the General Marager for an update.

Here is his response:

Dear Mr. Bondiboy

We are currently in the preopening phase of the hotel. Whilst we are expecting to be up and running by May we will not be accepting reservations for June until the begining of April.

If it is ok with you then I will keep your records on file and notify you as soon as we are in a position to guarentee availability.

Kind regards,

XXXXXl
General Manager
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:21 pm

Hyatt Regency Kiev set to Open in May/June 2007

The following is from Hotel Travel News and is dated 26 Feb 2007:

See http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/ar...70226163357267

[QUOTE]
Hyatt Regency Kiev – Saint Sophia is scheduled to open its doors in the first quarter of 2007.

Located in the historical centre on Tarasowa Street near Saint Sophia Square, the hotel is the ideal address for business and leisure travellers alike. The hotel is owned by CJSC "Sofia-Kyiv".

The sleek, stylish hotel will house 234 generously-sized deluxe rooms, including 27 Suites. Rooms will be geared towards the comfort and needs of the global business traveller, with high-tech communications and ergonomic working areas. All rooms are equipped with broadband Internet access, mini-bars, tea and coffee-making faci lities, in-room safes that can accommodate standard-sized laptops, individual climate control, two-line telephones and voice mail messaging. Luxurious bathrooms with under-floor heating, deep-soaking baths and exceptional rain showers set the scene for a unique in-room experience.

Guests will have the choice of a variety of two restaurants and two bars. The hotel's main restaurant "Grill Asia" features two 'open-kitchens' - one equipped with wood-burning oven and charcoal grill for the European style dishes and the other equipped with two woks and a steamer to cook according to authentic recipes. Situated on the 8th floor "Bar on 8" offers all-day simple dishes such as salads, sandwiches, steaks and desserts alongside an exquisite selection of fine wines and cigars. With a panoramic terrace overlooking Saint Sophia Square and Cathedral, the lounge also offers alfresco dining during the warmer months. At the heart of the hotel is the lobby lounge allo wing visitors to relax in the urban buzz of an international hotel. With a stunning fireplace, the lobby lounge will serve a wide selection of snacks, sandwiches, salads, light luncheon hot dishes and pastries throughout the day and offer a unique selection of premium brandies and cognacs. The modern wine bar "Brunello" is the place to meet at the end of the day to taste from a selection of fine Italian wines.

Conference and banqueting facilities accommodate all needs, from discreet board meetings to medium sized functions. The hotel provides close to 1,000 square metres of meeting and function space including a 371 square metre ballroom, eight meeting rooms and three boardrooms. All facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art technology. For seamless professional services, a business centre provides executive travellers with multimedia technology, high-speed Internet access, fully equipped workstations, translation services and advice on local commerce as we ll as secretarial support.

The hotel's fitness centre houses a highly sophisticated gym fitted with digital cardiovascular equipment, saunas and whirlpool baths and swimming pool. The luxurious Spa offers the most advanced treatments and massages designed to rejuvenate mind, body and soul. Manicure and coiffure services are also available.

Additional facilities include Hyatt's unique Regency Club® lounge, a private area featuring a lounge offering complimentary continental breakfast, evening cocktails and hors d' oeuvres, as well as and a dedicated concierge.
[/QUOTE
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:05 am

Hyatt Regency Kiev (or Kyiv) now accepting reservations.

The new Hyatt Regency Kiev is now accepting reservations (on Hyatt.com) for stays on or after 15 June 2007. The rates are not cheap. For example, the Hyatt.com rates are:

King or Twin Room EUR 261
Club King or Twin Room EUR 311

There is no tax apparently. "Prevailing Rates" are about EUR 30 more.

There is some dispute regarding the spelling of "KIEV".

The United States Board of Geographic Names has made the determination to begin spelling the name as KYIV which better approximates the pronunciation by Ukrainians and to matches the spelling of the city name by international organizations and other countries. The Associated Press, however, will continue spelling Kiev as Kiev.

These little facts make life interesting!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
That's good to know. I'm in Kiev for the first half of this year. The Ukrainian hotel situation is pretty awful -- this country basically appears to have exactly one good quality chain hotel, which is a Radisson and hence almost useless from a points and stays viewpoint. I assume that a combination of local political/mafia/protectionist interests and a lack of tourists and affluent business travellers is to blame. I'd been hoping it would open in time to use a FFN and take advantage of my now-expired Diamond status, but the date got pushed back again and again.

(Kiev is the Russian lanugage name, Kyiv is the Ukrainian language name. Ukrainian is the only official government language right now, so I think that following the usual convention Kyiv is right -- though in Kiev most people talk Russian. The topic is rather charged politically. I'll use Kiev here because that is what it says on my airline tickets, and this is Flyertalk).
Old Mar 21, 2007, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Thanks for the information. It does not look like you can reserve award stay yet.
Old May 7, 2007, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Reservations can now be made for Hyatt Regency Kiev for arrival dates from 15 June 2007.

Rates begin at 297 Euro for a prepaid room, quite steep.
Rack rate 330 Euro.
And up.

Don't see free rooms available, yet.
Old May 17, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
261 Euro is the lowest rate I saw (just checked random date, 17 Aug) -

Here's hoping they accept FFN and pts soon, that is incredibly expensive, especially for Kiev/Kyiv.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 10:13 am

Hyatt Regency Kiev - generous offer

I have an upcoming (paid) reservation at the newly opened Hyatt regency Kiev but unfortunately, the hotel will not be completely ready for prime time when I arrive on 23 June.

I have just received the following e-mail from the hotel:

Dear Mr Bondiboy

Thank you very much for making your reservation in Hyatt Regency Kiev on 23 June 2007.

Please kindly note that due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, our hotel will not be hundred percent operational on your arrival. Consequently, we are more than happy to honor your reservation and welcome you on a complimentary basis (room and daily breakfast) until we are able to fully operate. We can assure you of full comfort in our guest rooms and our laundry service will also be available.

Unfortunately, our food and beverage facilities will not be functioning except the breakfast service and our Fitness Center will offer limited service only.

We do apologize for this inconvenience in advance and we will certainly understand should you wish to cancel your reservation.

Kind regards,

XXXXXXXXXX
Executive Assistant Manager - Room

This is an outstanding example of customer service and one of the reasons that I continue to support Hyatt.

Well done HR Kiev!!

I will write a review following my stay.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 8:24 am

Hyatt in Kiev is opened!

Being one of the first clients in Hyatt Kiev (I just spent the first night in this hotel) I would like to say that the first impression is extremely positive.

I have received the same letter as Bondiboy and I do appreciate the service of Hyatt Management in Kiev. Yesterday, upon check-in I was greeted by Front Office Manager and General Manager and ushered in my room. Today’s breakfast (I was the only one in a restaurant) was very good. Excellent service. I am saying this after staying for more than a month in Kiev RadissonSAS, where the service was far from being perfect.

I am staying in Hyatt for additional three weeks and I will as well write a review.

So far, Hyatt in Kiev is excellent!
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by lkm098

I am staying in Hyatt for additional three weeks and I will as well write a review.

Three weekes for free! WOW! That is like winning the lottery.

Is the RC open?

Is there some sort of shuttle service to/from the airport? If not, what do you advise?
Old Jun 16, 2007, 1:26 pm

I am not sure that all three weeks will be for free. The communication was, that it will be for free until the hotel is fully functional. I beilive, it might be as of July 1st.

RC looks like still closed, though I do not know for sure (it is on the 9th floor). Still, there are very few clients right now and I am not sure it makes sense for hotel management to open RC.

Regarding pick-up, I would just take a taxi from KBP: 30-35 USD.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:05 pm

Any one have any recent reviews ?

Thanks.

(Also if anyone knows of any good hotel in DNK I would be grateful)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.