ATL - "HOT"LANTA DO II - Sept 22-24

Old Mar 14, 2006, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL

Update 9/18/06:

Only a few more days!

I regret I have had to cancel the Delta tour on Friday due to low enrollment and an unforseen personal conflict.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday!

Update 8/29/2006:

1. Just posted the restaurants for Saturday. We will be having lunch at Ted's Montana Grill and dinner at Einstein's.

2. For the Delta tour on Friday, please meet at the Avis rental counter in the Airport at 2:30 pm....we can ride over together. If you are planning to join us, please PM me with the full names of everyone in your party (Delta needs this for security purposes) and your cell number (in case we miss eachother).

3. If you plan to go to the aquarium on Saturday, please purchase tickets soon for the 2 pm time slot. They typically sell out 2 or 3 weeks in advance for weekends. Sometimes the website will show 100+ tickets one day and the next day, there are none.

See you soon!

Update 7/24/2006:

The ATL "HOT"LANTA DO I was this past weekend. You can read details and see photos here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536599

There is also a detailed description of the museum tour here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566180

If you want to join us for the September DL museum tour and your name is not listed below, please PM me. The tour is limited to 20 persons...so there may be a waiting list.

Looking forward to seeing you in September!

Update - 6/4/2006:

Great News!

1. The aquarium just added two more whale sharks in June (so there's now 4 total - Ralph and Norton [the two original males] and Dixie and Trixie [the two new females]).

If you are going to join us for the aquarium, please logon to www.gaaquarium.org and purchase tickets for Saturday, Sept 23rd for the 3-4 pm time slot. They sell out 2-3 weeks beforehand, so please do this in a timely manner...

2. The Delta Museum has graciously agreed to do a private tour for us on Friday (meet at 2:30 pm at the Avis Counter sharp for a 3 pm tour). We can accommodate a maximum of 20 people, so if you are interested, please let me know and I will start a second list below.

3. By Sept 1st can you please pm me to let me know if you will be joining us for dinner and the walking tour? If there are more than 10 for the Fox Theatre tour, I will call to ask for a private guide and if there are enough for dinner, I will arrange a price-fixed dinner (paid in advance via PayPal or check - the cost will probably be between $30 and $50).

Sure, you've seen the airport millions of time (because we all know the whole world connects in ATL!), but have you seen the REAL Atlanta? Now's your chance!!! Attend the HOT-LANTA DO!!!

Dates

September 23 -24

Saturday

10 am - Downtown Walking Tour of Sweet Auburn / MLK Jr. Historic District - http://www.preserveatlanta.com/walkingtours.htm

Meet 9:45 am Meet in front of the APEX Museum, 135 Auburn Avenue. The cost is approx. $10 cash.

(MARTA: Peachtree Center station, Ellis St. exit. Then proceed south on Peachtree Street. Left on Auburn Ave. APEX is on your right after intersection of Auburn and Courtland St.- Cancelled if raining)

Other options you can do on your own include:

Visit the pandas and new baby gorillas at the Zoo (www.zooatlanta.org) / Cyclorama ( http://www.bcaatlanta.com/index.php?pid=81)

Shopping (plenty of places to shop - MARTA accessible...)

High Museum (www.high.org) - (Arts Center MARTA Station)

Another Tour (e.g. - CNN, Jimmy Carter Library, Margaret Michell House, Turner Field / Braves Museum Tour - Most of these tours are MARTA accessible)

11:30 am - Lunch / Olympic Park / Georgia Aquarium - www.gaaquarium.org

Meet at Teds Montana Grill on Luckie Street - we will walk to the aquarium afterwards
http://www.tedsmontanagrill.com/locations_001.html

Saturday 7 pm - Dinner - Einsteins - 12th and Juniper Street

Sunday - Brunch?

Since many places are along MARTA lines, people could stay Downtown, Midtown, Buckhead, or Perimeter areas (but Perimeter would be a 45 min. to 1 hour train ride).

Last edited by flygirl555; Sep 18, 2006 at 12:16 pm
Old Mar 14, 2006, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Confirmed
aviationkiwi
allystl
uva185
Canarsie
Aggie Girl
usa18dca
Dr Bond

Last edited by flygirl555; Sep 18, 2006 at 12:06 pm
Old Mar 14, 2006, 2:16 am

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Sorry I will be in Nice during the whole month of September. Couldn't help you there.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Belle,

I am so sorry you won't be able to attend either DO. We will miss you!
Old Mar 14, 2006, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Put me down as Def here too
Old Mar 14, 2006, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I will be there. Put me down as Attending, just need a good Airfare.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I am 90% certain I will be there. Vols are hosting Marshall. I'll catch the highlights later.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: DL - heading towards PM
I live here. I'll keep myself in town that weekend. Put me down as confirmed please! See y'all then. ;-)
Old Mar 30, 2006, 1:10 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Very probable here.

Have room reserved at the W just in case.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:31 pm

Programs: NWA Plat, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond AA ExpPl
Sorry flygirl555. I am not able to make either. Meeting in DC in July and 6 weeks before elections in Sept. Heavy campaign season. Sounds like a great time.
Old May 4, 2006, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Put me down as confirmed. I'll be driving from Columbia, SC so I can drive people to/from events.
Old May 16, 2006, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat
ok, so it took me a few days to get over here, but i'm a strong maybe for this one. AA's promotion may have pushed me over the edge.
Old May 16, 2006, 9:54 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Barring any last-minute changes in my schedule, I intend to attend this one also.
Old May 19, 2006, 7:50 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, PC Ammbassador
Just talked to my brother in law last night. He lives in Atlanta. He said its a thumbs up on staying with him. Put me in as a strong maybe.
Jan

I put on the wrong tread..lol Put me down for the july one.

Last edited by janhigginskcmo; May 19, 2006 at 11:52 am
Old May 19, 2006, 11:07 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Please put me as a tenative on this one too, I am hoping when they re-hub us they will have a BGM-ATL sale and I will be able to get a good enough deal to do both.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.