Search

Drink Coke, get SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:42 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Drink Coke, get SkyMiles

Great . . . just what I need is another points currency to collect. I just had my first Diet Coke in a new promotion for "Coke Rewards." There are lots of redemption options--you can check the site at www.mycokerewards.com--but most relevant to this board is the Delta SkyMiles rewards, from 60 Coke points for 500 SkyMiles to 2850 Coke points for 25,000 SkyMiles. There are also day-passes to the CRC available, which seem like a particularly blatant ripoff (in relation to the number of miles you could get for the same number of Coke points).

My 20-oz. Diet Coke was worth 3 Coke points. I don't know if other sizes are worth different amounts, but I'd guess yes. At that rate, it's only 950 Cokes to a free domestic flight on Delta--a return, assuming the Cokes cost $1, of about 30%. Get drinking
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by colerc
Great . . . just what I need is another points currency to collect. I just had my first Diet Coke in a new promotion for "Coke Rewards." There are lots of redemption options--you can check the site at www.mycokerewards.com--but most relevant to this board is the Delta SkyMiles rewards, from 60 Coke points for 500 SkyMiles to 2850 Coke points for 25,000 SkyMiles. There are also day-passes to the CRC available, which seem like a particularly blatant ripoff (in relation to the number of miles you could get for the same number of Coke points).

My 20-oz. Diet Coke was worth 3 Coke points. I don't know if other sizes are worth different amounts, but I'd guess yes. At that rate, it's only 950 Cokes to a free domestic flight on Delta--a return, assuming the Cokes cost $1, of about 30%. Get drinking
I also like the HHonors redemption option.

30 coke points for 500 HHonors points.

Thanks for pointing this out. Surprised that DL didn't go with a Pepsi Rewards program.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Do only bottles work or can I still drink cans? I looked at the website and it wasn't clear. I don't want to register if cans of diet coke won't work with this contest.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:59 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Traveller
Do only bottles work or can I still drink cans? I looked at the website and it wasn't clear. I don't want to register if cans of diet coke won't work with this contest.
No idea, but this is an under-the-cap deal, so cans don't have an easy analogue. I think in the past soda contests have often dealt with the can issue by putting a chance-to-win or code or whatever on the inside of 12 packs of cans, but I'm thinking individual cans are not likely to have codes.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Initially, only 20oz bottles will participate in this rewards program.

For more info:

COCA-COLA NORTH AMERICA ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF "MY COKE REWARDS"

A.J.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA, NW
Originally Posted by colerc
Assuming 20-oz coke costs $1, that's 5 cents/oz. You can easily find 12x12-oz can package for $3.5 (sometiems much less, as low as $2.5 or even $2), 2.43 cents/oz. You can collect 30% bonus as DL miles, or you can save 50% to buy cans. You don't need a rocket scientist to figure it out. I guess this program will only just give us some excuse to drink coke. It doesn't make too much sense financially.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Well it says "Across all Coca-Cola Trademark Brands". I hate drinking out of bottles.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA, NW
Well it says "Across all Coca-Cola Trademark Brands". I hate drinking out of bottles.
Unfortunately it didn't say "across all coca-cola trademark products". We will see if they will add more bottles or cans other than 20-oz in the future.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:58 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by yw1972
Assuming 20-oz coke costs $1, that's 5 cents/oz. You can easily find 12x12-oz can package for $3.5 (sometiems much less, as low as $2.5 or even $2), 2.43 cents/oz. You can collect 30% bonus as DL miles, or you can save 50% to buy cans. You don't need a rocket scientist to figure it out. I guess this program will only just give us some excuse to drink coke. It doesn't make too much sense financially.
Well, part of the reason I read FlyerTalk is because I rarely ever see my home refrigerator. So most of my Coke is consumed on the go, in 20 ounce bottles from vending machines.

(Truth be told, I don't like cans or bottles as much as I like fountain soda.)
Old Mar 2, 2006, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Well, considering I do manage to drink at least 2 bottles of Coke daily (up to 10 on most Wednesdays...good old college newspaper production night), I'm in good shape with this promotion...maybe I can get my friends (who drink as much soda as I do), so maybe I can take their Coke bottles too...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
There are more scales than just two. Also CRC passes!

When browsing through the rewards the items appear to be displayed randomly. I am sure this is to make all the partners happy. If you don't see a scale to your liking keep browsing through the pages over and over again. Your level might magically appear. These are all the DL rewards I could find.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:11 pm

Now if only Anheuser Busch would start a rewards program like this
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Coming attractions: Scenes from a college dorm vending lounge Link
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL, FL, BA, AA, CO, UA, AS, US
Codes on Other Sizes.... From the "Rules"

Was reading the "Rules" section when I saw this:

E. Collecting Points

1. Collect points by purchasing and entering codes from specially marked Coca-Cola Classic, Coke with Lime, Coca-Cola C2, Cherry Coke, Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, Caffeine Free Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Diet Coke with Lime, Diet Cherry Coke, Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Diet Coke with Splenda®, or other specially marked Coca-Cola products, or other methods, at any time during the Collection Period, available while supplies last. Locate the code on the product package (under cap, inside package, etc.) or promotional item. Go to www.mycokerewards.com during the Collection Period and follow the links and instructions to either register (as set forth above) or click on the Login button (if you already have registered) on the top of the page. After registering/logging in, click on the “Enter Codes” button on the top of the page and enter your code where indicated. Once registered online, Enrollees may also text message codes with a text-messaging capable device to the short code “COKE” (2653) to have their Accounts credited, if they have included the phone number of their mobile device in their Account enrollment profile. Enrollees who credit their accounts via text-messaging will be charged according to their standard text messaging rates and should contact their carrier for pricing plans and details. Enrollees will collect points for each specially-marked product purchased and recorded on the Website during the Collection Period as follows:

12 Pack, 12 oz. cans (Fridge Pack) 10 points
20 oz. bottle 3 points
2 liter bottle 3 points
1 liter bottle 3 points
1.5 liter bottle 3 points
3 liter bottle 3 points

So looks like confirmation there will be codes on other sizes and other Coke styles/products!!! They do leave themselves a big loophole to put codes on other products... We shall see it it applies to Sprite.... I wish it applied to the MinuteMaid Lemonade in Cans.... I love that stuff....

Found this too:

7. Enrollees may redeem points in the manner set forth above until January 15, 2007, at 12:00 p.m. ET (the end of the Redemption Period), unless extended or otherwise modified by Sponsor.

This gives us 10 months to accumulate points!!!!

Last edited by RubberCityRebel; Mar 2, 2006 at 4:45 pm Reason: Additional info found...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Crud doesnt look like my dasani water is included *frown* and I was trying to cut down on the soda consumption. You have to give them credit, first soda with a loyalty program!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.