Cairo lounge ?

Old Feb 11, 2006, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Cairo lounge ?

I'm flying into Cairo on a business class AF ticket and flying on to Addis Ababa on an coach ticket on Egypt Air (no business seat available). Any idea of where I can spend time in the Cairo airport? Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 5:18 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Originally Posted by rhetor
I'm flying into Cairo on a business class AF ticket and flying on to Addis Ababa on an coach ticket on Egypt Air (no business seat available). Any idea of where I can spend time in the Cairo airport? Thanks.
The biz lounge is not that impressive and very small, it's after security. Small free food and drinks
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:10 pm

I am also flying into and out of CAI on AF next month. Which terminal are they using? I've read varying things. Looking at the CAI airport website, they are showing terminal 1 hall 1 for today's flight 503 to CDG. So, is AF using terminal 1?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoc
I am also flying into and out of CAI on AF next month. Which terminal are they using? I've read varying things. Looking at the CAI airport website, they are showing terminal 1 hall 1 for today's flight 503 to CDG. So, is AF using terminal 1?
KL/AF switched to terminal 1 towards the end of last year. Last time I passed through there was no lounge, but they were issuing a voucher for the cafe.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 8:57 pm

Are they in the new Hall 3 of terminal 1? They issued a voucher for the cafe? Interesting!
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:17 am
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingDoc
Are they in the new Hall 3 of terminal 1? They issued a voucher for the cafe? Interesting!
Yeah... KLM Gold got me one can of coca cola!!!
Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Some additional information :

AF in CAI
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:36 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just returned from Egypt and Jordan. We took AF from LAX to CDG, CDG to CAI. When departing CAI on AF, AF departs out of Terminal 1. There are 2 entrances, one for the masses and one for First and Business. That is where you go through the first security. Then you go to the ticket counter. Then immigration. After immigration continue straight ahead to the elevator. Press for the second floor. You will be at a desk that says Public Relations, (very strange). They will direct you to the left through a mini-maze to the AF lounge. It is small, some light snacks, breads and such, and some drinks. I was disappointed that there was no cappucino machine. There is also no internet, but you can get on the internet in the main airport area. you have to get a card from the information desk for $6 USD, then they will direct you to the internet area.
No need to rush for the first boarding, you can easily take the 3rd or 4th bus. Then when ready for boarding, take elevator to ground floor and go through another security for your gate. Then there is the bus ride.
Old May 15, 2006, 8:49 am

Question Cairo Business Lounge - experiences?

Anyone any experience with the business class lounge that KLM uses at Cairo? I am assuming there is no dedicated KL/AF lounge.

I hear the lounge is kind of a joke, so I'd like to know if I should arrive as late as possible to avoid it, or that I can comfortably spend a few hours there in the middle of the night waiting for my 4am flight to leave.
Old May 27, 2006, 1:45 pm

Thumbs up AF/KL CAI lounge experience

Just returned from Cairo to Amsterdam today on KL554. Spent about 3 hours in the middle of the night in the new T3 (?) AF/KL lounge. After reading this forum I was pleasantly surprised by the clean, modern and very well equipped lounge. Nice comfy sofa's (good to sleep on from 12 to 3am). Acceptable selection of drinks and snacks (soft drinks, beer, (no wine), cake, sandwiches). Free wireless LAN. Nice and friendly staff. Airside, so easy access to shops.

Not well signposted, but KLM check-in guy handed me a personalised letter with clear instructions. Lounge is on second floor (2 sets of stairs). Follow signs to 'Italian lounge', then enter narrow hallway next to bathrooms.

To be clear: This is a dedicated KL/AF lounge, not shared with any other airlines. All in all a nice oasis in an otherwise sometimes hectic airport.
Old May 20, 2008, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rhetor
Is the AF lounge accessible to pax on arrival in CAI or only as a departure lounge?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know if Gulf Air uses this lounge too on a contract basis?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone comment on the CAI lounge...is it still the same old, generic lounge with beat-up chairs and a bar with nonalcoholic drinks? Will be flying KQ in C class and wanted to know which lounge I will be using. Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:25 pm

KL/AF switched their flights from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 few years ago when the Terminal 1 renovation works were done.

You will arrive in Terminal 1 International Arrival Hall 3 and I think there are no lounges. There are lounges in the Departure halls of terminal 1 but thats a different building.

Your Egyptair flight is leaving from the new Terminal 3 at the other side of the airport you can use the Terminal Shuttle buses at the airport. The lounges at the departures halls of Terminal 1 are pretty bad. The Egyptair/Star Alliance lounges in Terminal 3 are pretty good a shame didn't get the Business class on your Egyptair flight

Enjoy your flights

Last edited by KLM553; Mar 21, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.