Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Your favorite *A lounges worldwide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

One more thread before I call it a night.

What are your top three *A lounges worldwide?

As for me I based on atomosphere, availability of showers, and food

1) Silver Kris Lounge in ICN (never had to shower there b/c I often start from ICN): Great choice of food selection, nice atmosphere for reading, relaxing, etc, decent location for plane spotting.

2) Thai Royal Orchid/Silk Lounge in BKK (there are several of these, but I am referring to the one in the middle of the terminal that was renovated recently): Great shower facilities, multiple levels with ample room for relaxing and even sleeping (on the nice long couch), and awesome, I repeat, awesome food selection!

3) UA RCC at NRT: One of the best showers for non-F class passenger lounge that now gives away nice shower kit! Sub-par food selection, but ample room and nice atmosphere. Ah... beer machine is a nice plus! But there are way too many people at RCC in NRT.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
1) LH F Terminal at FRA.
2) SQ F lounge at SIN
3) TG F lounge at BKK
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:36 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
1) FRA LH F terminal & lounge
2) SIN SQ F lounge
3) toss up between SYD NZ lounge, AKL NZ international lounge and ICN SQ F lounge
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:37 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since not UA-specific, moved to the Star Alliance forum.

cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:30 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
2) SIN SQ F lounge
3) toss up between SYD NZ lounge, AKL NZ international lounge and ICN SQ F lounge
hey moderator....
you should know very well that both SQ F lounge in SIN and LH F terminal at FRA ARE DEFINETELY NOT STAR GOLD DESIGNATED LOUNGES!!!
You're OFF-TOPIC!!! LOLOLOLOL

Last edited by paffendorf; Jan 26, 2006 at 6:04 am
Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Hmm - the question was which *A lounges not which ones have free access to as *G member even if flying Y. The latter list is a bit harder, because it excludes most F lounges plus a few others like SIN SKL.

For only *G lounges

1) SYD NZ lounge
2) AKL NZ international lounge
3) BKK TG lounge near pier 3 (the 2 storey one with massages)
Old Jan 26, 2006, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
For only *G lounges (and with very little experience of SQ apart from the SKL at SIN which is nice but not *G territory!)

1. AC/SK London Lounge at LHR (at least when it's not crowded!)
2. SK Scandinavian Lounge at CPH
3. NZ International Lounge at AKL

The LX lounge at ZRH (the one in the main terminal) is not bad IMHO, at least for short haul. I also like the International RCC at SFO.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 1:05 pm

LH FCT .. without a question. But if it's only about *Gold then has to be OZ lounge at ICN. They even have their own pianist!
Old Jan 26, 2006, 4:56 pm

Programs: NON ELITE
Talking

Originally Posted by brahms77
3) UA RCC at NRT: .... Sub-par food selection, but ample room and nice atmosphere. Ah... beer machine is a nice plus! But there are way too many people at RCC in NRT.
Japanese pretzels and beer and non alchol drink are the only "food" here.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Humshee
LH FCT .. without a question. But if it's only about *Gold then has to be OZ lounge at ICN. They even have their own pianist!
Darn... that's what I've been missing from ICN!!!!

Since I rarely (actually never have) fly OZ from ICN (only UA, AC, or SQ), I am usually all the way on the other side of the terminal from OZ lounge. But I wonder if I could walk all the way over to OZ lounge and ask for access.... I've done it in NRT where I ate at SQ lounge and walked all the way back to RCC to refresh and shower.

My mother says, OZ F lounge at ICN is quite nice with nice selection of foods.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 5:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

ICN is not that big. Easy to walk across to OZ lounge - much easier than say NRT (between UA and SQ).
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
BOOT [BEGINNING OF OFF-TOPIC]: Kiwy, i read an article about SQ lounge at new ADL int'l airport.... are you planning a visit there, perhaps? cheers
luke
EOOT [END OF OFF-TOPIC]
Old Jan 27, 2006, 2:32 pm

2) SIN SQ F lounge
3) BKK TG F lounge
Old Jan 27, 2006, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
The shower at the MUC LH F lounge is quite amazing - and available to *A Gold. As large as some NY hotel rooms!
Old Jan 27, 2006, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
FRA FCT is certainly in first place.

Several others come to mind for second and third place: SQ F in Sin, NRT IFL, and so on.

But wait until SAA joins *A. Their IFL in Cape Town is the one lounge I have been most impressed with in all my travels. I even ranked them higher than BA's Concorde Lounge in LHR!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.