Wiki Posts
Search

AA MR Turn question: Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
AA MR Turn question: Manchester

Contemplating a MR to Manchester, England. Arrive arond 8:00 am and depart (same morning) around 10:00 am.

1) Do you see any problems with this trun around?
2) Since I do not expect to leave the gate area in Man.....Will i have to deal with customs or passport control in Man? If so... should I anticipate any problems?
3) When I return to US.....Will i have to deal with customs or passport control in teh US? If so... should I anticipate any problems?

Thx
Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by AA Flyer
3) When I return to US.....Will i have to deal with customs or passport control in teh US? If so... should I anticipate any problems?
I don't know the answer to the first two questions but the answer to #3 is yes. You'll clear customs upon first arrival to the US even if you have a flight/flights continuing elsewhere.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 7:54 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
the chances are that you will get back on the same plane, so no problem w/ delay on that end...check on aa.com by sked and see...

on a run a few yrs ago, i had to go thru brit immigration and customs to check in for the same plane....no big deal....may have been manchester but i'm not sure

you have to go thru the same thing on arr in us...

you have posted this in the mr forum which is a no-no....
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
MAN segregates arrival and departing passengers, so you will arrive in a different place than you would depart from. To get through into the departing passenger stream, you generally must be in possession of a valid boarding card, which will enable you to go through security into the outbound area. If you have a valid boarding card, then you would not need to go through customs and immigration. If however, you don't have a boarding card, then you will probably need to return landside to check in (you used to be able to check in airside for BA at T3 - I dont' know if you still can, or if you could do this for the AA flights as well I'm afraid), and if you need to go landside, then you will need to clear customs and immigration. However, MAN is not a vastly big airport, so I would have thought a two hour turn around would be ok - discounting baggage delays, I'm usually out of it in about 20-30 minutes. The only potential delay points are at immigration (hope for a plane full of Brits, they use a different set of desks!), and then dealing with any queues at check-in.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
Contemplating a MR to Manchester, England. Arrive arond 8:00 am and depart (same morning) around 10:00 am.

1) Do you see any problems with this trun around?
2) Since I do not expect to leave the gate area in Man.....Will i have to deal with customs or passport control in Man? If so... should I anticipate any problems?

Thx
1) Even though it is the same aircraft you could still run into trouble as check-in closes 1 hour before scheduled departure time regardless of whether the flight is delayed. This is so the airline can relay all the pax data to check if Cat Stevens is onboard. Or can you do OLCI for this route?

2) You will have to leave the gate area as all int'l arrivals and departures are seperated in the UK, hence you will have to use the transfer facility. As I live in MAN not too sure where this takes you but if you do have to check in I get the feeling you will need to enter the UK and go to the regular check-in desk.

3) Yes but not sure what problems you may encounter.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
So.... I am doing this as a mileage run. No baggage. Starting and ending in Miami... direct to Manchaster (arrive 7:50 am) and back (depart 11:15 am). Questions........

1) will I be able to check in and print B pass on line?
2) if so..... can check in and print B pass on line for BOTH (outbound and return)..... all is within 24 hours?
3) If not.... can I get get B passes for for BOTH (outbound and return).....at departing airport (Miami)?

Thx for all your input and help.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 6:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You can not print BPs for international flights - AA needs to check your docs. And you will not be able to get your return BP before you complete your outbound.

So.... I am doing this as a mileage run. No baggage. Starting and ending in Miami... direct to Manchaster (arrive 7:50 am) and back (depart 11:15 am). Questions........

1) will I be able to check in and print B pass on line?
2) if so..... can check in and print B pass on line for BOTH (outbound and return)..... all is within 24 hours?
3) If not.... can I get get B passes for for BOTH (outbound and return).....at departing airport (Miami)?

Thx for all your input and help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.