Wiki Posts
Search

"Important Customers" printout

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2006, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

"Important Customers" printout

Hi,

on a flight from FRA to DEN recently, I noticed a manifest-type printout in the galley in C class, it was titled "IMPORTANT CUSTOMERS". Listed below was 1 HON customer, and around 10 SEN's. Since my name was not on it, I asked the purser why my status was not reflected properly in the manifest, and she told me there were some 30 SEN's on the flight, and showed me my correct status in the C-CLASS section manifest. She said only the "most important" SEN's would be printed along with the HON, but she did not know the criteria for being "most important".

Does anyone know what's up with these "IMPORTANT CUSTOMER" printouts? How do they decide what SEN is worth appearing on there vs. who is not? Maybe the computer is just taking the 10 customers who earned the most miles last year? Or it is based on fare paid?

sfosenkid
Old Jan 7, 2006, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Interesting. Seems to reflect the "SEN+" status on another manifest we discussed in an earlier thread. I can't say for sure, but I have a feeling that I'm on this list.

On a related note, did you also spot LH's "Kill at will" list in the galley, sigend personally by the Wolf and prominently featuring Weero's name?

Last edited by flysurfer; Jan 7, 2006 at 4:20 pm
Old Jan 7, 2006, 5:11 pm

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Originally Posted by flysurfer
On a related note, did you also spot LH's "Kill at will" list in the galley, sigend personally by the Wolf and prominently featuring ...
In 2006 a Flyer-Talker elite programm discussing unit
was banned from all LH metal flights and sentenced to lifetime "lounge cleaning service"
for a milage auction on ebay they didn't commit.

Theese men promptly escaped from a maximum security airport (lounge) to the Los Angeles underground.
Today, still wanted by the gouvernment and the Wolf's alpha teams, they survive as Frequent Flyers of fortune.

So if you got a * Alliance problem, and no one else can help
and you can find them
-maybe you can hire
The LH-Team!

(Do you still now this famous TV series I always watched when I was a child with the guy who said "I've got a plan!" , Mr. T and the mad helicopter pilot? Sorry for any mistakes with my English above....)
Old Jan 8, 2006, 2:59 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
Interesting, I was always interested, how many SEN are on a normal flight... now it is sure, I as a 'FTL+' will never get any advantage due to my status on the flight (or for op-up) :-(

Originally Posted by zap7
(Do you still now this famous TV series I always watched when I was a child with the guy who said "I've got a plan!" , Mr. T and the mad helicopter pilot? Sorry for any mistakes with my English above....)
For sure I know- are we not all still childs ;-)
Old Jan 8, 2006, 3:31 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Interesting! Well, but it can't just be the earned mileage, that makes a important customer or Sen+, cause you can earn miles without spending that much money. So I guess it's also the money you spend at the fares and cabins you book.

Originally Posted by bau31888
Interesting, I was always interested, how many SEN are on a normal flight... now it is sure, I as a 'FTL+' will never get any advantage due to my status on the flight (or for op-up) :-(
I also got two op-ups when I still was FTL. But just on european flights, so no real big thing.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 5:53 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
Originally Posted by totti
Interesting! Well, but it can't just be the earned mileage, that makes a important customer or Sen+, cause you can earn miles without spending that much money. So I guess it's also the money you spend at the fares and cabins you book.
so maybe i'm on the list, as I made my 80 status miles only on LH in full paid eco (B) or business, so "I" (i.e. those who paid) paid probably more than some SEN flying UA and other *carriers.

I also got two op-ups when I still was FTL. But just on european flights, so no real big thing.
Let's see, there is another change to be "upgraded" to a better sandwich this weekend. However, all segments look more or less like this:
C9 D6 Z4 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 U9 S9 G9 K9 L9 T9
So no need for op-up...

Anyway, I'm always hoping for international op-up from C to F, as I'm will not fly paid F soon... just dreaming
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:24 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..I also got two op-ups when I still was FTL. But just on european flights, so no real big thing.
So now as a general member, it does not bother you too much either .
Originally Posted by flysurfer
..On a related note, did you also spot LH's "Kill at will" list in the galley, sigend personally by the Wolf and prominently featuring Weero's name?
Weero has no name. At least not for LH. Your scenario is far from materialising
as LH and the Wolf do not take any personal interest in the customers.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I asked the PII on a recent long-haul flight and he had never seen SEN+! He suggested that it is used on short-haul flights to point out SENs with short connection times or other critical things on short flights where the FAs might not have enough time to check that every SEN is OK - this would allow them to concentrate on those SEN with whatever is making them "special".
The PII said he has been flying long-haul exclusively for the past 10 years and he had never seen it. He showed me the PIL for that flight and amongst the gaggle of HONs and large number of SENs there were no other distinctions other than SEN/HON.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
So non-SEN *A G didn't show at all? Wouldn't have surprised me, only last month on a flight FRA-KIX the Cabin Service Director came up and introduced herself to me and welcomed me way back in Coach. I thought it was a lovely gesture, and it didn't cost the airline a penny.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
So non-SEN *A G didn't show at all? Wouldn't have surprised me, only last month on a flight FRA-KIX the Cabin Service Director came up and introduced herself to me and welcomed me way back in Coach. I thought it was a lovely gesture, and it didn't cost the airline a penny.
as far as i know it shows all *G but they only "care" about their own SENs. happend to me all the time in LH Y. on the other hand i never got any "special" treatment on any other airline...
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:15 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
No, they do show up, I saw them myself - I was refering to the SEN+ category that some on this board have seen. According to the PII (Senior Purser) on my flight they (the SEN+) do not show up on long-haul intercont flights.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 2:17 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by floris_FRA
No, they do show up, I saw them myself - I was refering to the SEN+ category that some on this board have seen. According to the PII (Senior Purser) on my flight they (the SEN+) do not show up on long-haul intercont flights.
AFAIK those lists are sorted (some pax ending up on page 2 and 3) and depend on number of pax to list and on flight time, of course. There is no way to greet every SEN, *G and FTL on a 30 minute jump. So shorter flights may not list all status pax. However on longhaul flights they usually even know FTL names and *G names in BIZ class.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
On a recent BKK-FRA in F I saw the F pax list in the galley which was broken down into several sections:

HONS

SEN

*G

No *S or FTL were on the list probably because there were no *S or FTL pax in the F cabin that day.
Interesting to note that all of the 14 pax that day had either HON (4 pax) or SEN/*G [one SQ *G, one AC *G (me) and the rest LH SEN] status.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 6:09 am

Programs: black is magic
FRA > DEN is definetly a longhaul flight and they should have taken the time to greet all SENs and there would be no need to differentiate between SEN and SEN+
Old Jan 27, 2006, 8:02 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by Thomas_B
FRA > DEN is definetly a longhaul flight and they should have taken the time to greet all SENs and there would be no need to differentiate between SEN and SEN+
Since beeing HON only a couple month now, I have a long experience as LH SEN and greetings on board. And I believe, that it depends on the purser in BIZ. Of course I was always greeted in F, but for BIZ it depends. I'm quite sure it has nothing to do with SEN versus SEN+. Sometimes a purser may be just to busy or just forgets. I don't think, greetings are a mandatory rule for FAs (well, maybe for HONs now).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.