Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated "Combining UA Credits, Vouchers, and Goodwill Certs" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Combining UA Credits, Vouchers, and Goodwill Certs" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2004, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Exclamation The Consolidated "Combining UA Credits, Vouchers, and Goodwill Certs" Thread [Merged]

Okay, here's the question. I have two $50.00 travel credit coupons (due to a flight delay), a travel voucher for $80 (due to a refund since I found a cheaper fare), and a $75 goodwill electronic cert (due to a complaint I sent by e-mail and they sent me this cert).

If I were to book a flight on-line, use the "book and hold" feature, then go down to the airport, is it possible to combine all these discounts into one fare?

The travel credit coupon says it is not combinable but does this mean even travel voucher credits which, after all, are essentially cash refunds?
Old Aug 2, 2004, 3:59 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
I tried once but was told that it is not possible to combine certificates... Never hurts to try again.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Been a lot of threads on this in the past.

Perhaps do a search on Type A vouchers and Type B vouchers. You can combine same type usually but not a combo.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 4:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Vouchers Discount Certs and Electronic 10% 15% off...

FT,

So I forgot how this all works with voucher A voucher B, etc.

I have a $25 Discount Travel Cert PMO/MP VISA 25
and a $150 United Customer Relations PMO/DollarUA

I also have a some UA 10% and 15% e-certs.

I am trying to buy a fare from ORD - CDG in January and ual.com is actually offering some decents fares of $370ish (S though, but what can you do).

So is there anyway, I can book this all on-line? or I can do stuff at the airport and still use the e-certs?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 4:33 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
In my experience, at most one Type A (discount) can be applied to any ticket. Unless your $150 certificate says something like "treat as Type B voucher," you won't be able to use it along with any of the others.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:48 am

Combining certs...allowable? Please help!

With the search disabled until Monday...I need some help ASAP. My fare can only be held until tomorrow.

Am I able to combine a travel cert with profile name PMO/MP VISA 25 (MPCC25) with a travel cert PMO/DOLLARUA (PW150)? I called to ticket a flight and the agent called a supervisor who claimed I could not, although one is considered cash and the other is a $25 discount. Could someone please let me know the code that would allow this or something I could show at the airport that allows the combining of these certs?? (I think it's allowed, but need some proof!)

Thank you for your time!!! Wish I had printed the profile when it was posted before!
Old Feb 12, 2005, 2:23 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Hi, I'm a CSR with UA. Please bring both certs with you to the airport for ticketing. Make note of these profiles (although they are indicated on the front and back of the certs) and have the ticket agent look at the profiles.
I don't think they are combinable but this should be stated in fine print on the reverse side and of course in the profiles.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
You can't combine more than one discount, but if indeed one is a discount and the other is a form of payment then you can. As FlyingNone recommends you can bring them in, but depending on who you get if you say "can I do this" the answer will probably be no. What does it say on the back of both? If you can type in just the applicable info we can probably arm you a little better. Or maybe if you can tell us how you got the $150 dollar one we can help. CS gives out $150 discount certs so my inclination is it is a discount, but that is just a gut feeling without knowing what it is from.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 5:05 pm

Thanks for your replies. The $150 cert is from customer relations after I wrote a letter of complaint (my first EVER complaint) and the $25 is from the UAL visa card. After reading the back of each cert more carefully, it appears that they are both discount travel certs and I won't be able to combine them. It's not such a biggie because the one is only $25, but I never end up using these cheapies.

Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:00 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Voucher Combination Questions.

Okay, so I know that one can combine Type B vouchers, and that one can combine one Type A with a Type B voucher (if I recall correctly). Now the question I have is can I combine a PMO/DollarUA customer relations certificate with a Type B voucher?

Another question I have is can I combine two type B vouchers that are no longer in the same name (even though originally they were), but with the stupid thing of the voucher always popping out in the name of the last person the ticket was used for it is now in my partner's name. So I'm trying to get a ticket for him and use part of his voucher and part of mine.

Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by SF1K
Okay, so I know that one can combine Type B vouchers, and that one can combine one Type A with a Type B voucher (if I recall correctly). Now the question I have is can I combine a PMO/DollarUA customer relations certificate with a Type B voucher?

Another question I have is can I combine two type B vouchers that are no longer in the same name (even though originally they were), but with the stupid thing of the voucher always popping out in the name of the last person the ticket was used for it is now in my partner's name. So I'm trying to get a ticket for him and use part of his voucher and part of mine.

Thanks!
First question is yes. The CS voucher is a discount and the Type B (I assume like a VDB $$ coupon) is a form of payment. As long as you have one of each you are OK. You might get a no, but you can.

IIRC it says they have to have the same ticket number (from the same batch). So if the number is the same and the names are just different then I would say yes. Although I'm not sure how you would have that scenario since there is no residual? If the ticket numbers are different then no.

My response is based on the VDB type voucher where they give you 4 coupons, if it is something else then let us know what it is.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Actually they are not VDB, but instead residual values from tickets that have already been exchanged. In the past I've been able to combine these, but have never tried with different names on the vouchers.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:05 pm

I've never done it with different names so maybe someone else has, but since they are both a form of payment then I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as both of you are there. I doubt they would without both of you there.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:40 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
In practice, three type B vouchers (cash) can be combined. That was the max the CSR was willing and able to input for me. If there are different names on the residual type B vouchers, all PAXs have to be present when redeemed at airport.

You can combine one type A voucher (discount) with one type B voucher. You cannot combine two type A vouchers.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In practice, three type B vouchers (cash) can be combined. That was the max the CSR was willing and able to input for me. If there are different names on the residual type B vouchers, all PAXs have to be present when redeemed at airport.

You can combine one type A voucher (discount) with one type B voucher. You cannot combine two type A vouchers.
Max has been three for me.

Everything else you posted is 100 percent correct. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.