Wiki Posts
Search

Complain or keep quiet?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Hyatt gold
Complain or keep quiet?

Has any of the guys on here had any "attention" from male cabin crew?

Just having returned from a trip to SEA, I had a strange encounter with one of the stewards....not that it bothered me, but was wondering if it was the "done thing" to try and pull a passenger????!!!!!!!

Any of the resident crew got any comments?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
If you are not bothered, I would phone and commend them on their friendly service, and take it all as a compliment.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 2:36 am
Original Poster

I suppose I should have asked the poor guy if he needed therapy or something!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gatwickba
Just having returned from a trip to SEA, I had a strange encounter with one of the stewards....not that it bothered me, but was wondering if it was the "done thing" to try and pull a passenger????!!!!!!!
What kind of strange encounter?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 2:53 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by simon_n10
What kind of strange encounter?
And, just to set the scene right - r u male or female GatwickBA?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tristan727
I don't think it's uncommon - unless you are completely unfortunate looking - to get the occasionally smiley glance from cabin crew (m or f). They have to have something to look at!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Talking

I am Male....and the incident in question is linked to certain early morning functions of the body that we have no control over.....ya know what i'm saying!!!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:21 am
dnw

Originally Posted by tristan727
Do you really have to ask that??
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I am Male....and the incident in question is linked to certain early morning functions of the body that we have no control over.....ya know what i'm saying!!!
Aha. I find standing on the seat and waving it in the direction of the person in the cabin you find most attractive* whilst going "wooohoooo" usually has the desried effect of waking everyone up at 5.30am over Bovingdon....

*I think that's quite specific for this board....
Old Dec 4, 2005, 4:31 am

Over Bovingdon? I thought we were discussing the "Somerset Crumpet Horn" - over the Quantocks would have been more appropriate, I would have thought!!!

All joking aside, whether M or F, straight or gay, if the advances or attention bothered you or made you feel uncomfortable or embarrassed, report it - if not, enjoy it!!!

(The gay staff members with whom I am acquainted at Gatwick are truly professional and would not mix business with pleasure. If any flirtation takes place, they rely on what they term "Gay-Dar" to identify gay customers - and this "Gay-Dar" system I am told seems to be about 90% reliable! Certainly, I have never had any advances or unwelcome attention from gay colleagues and I am very happy to work and party alongside them!) In fact, my experience of gay people has often led me to wonder why it is necessary to have separate "gay friendly clubs", "gay friendly travel companies" or "gay friendly" anything - why we can't all live and work together in harmony beats the hell out of me!!!

Last edited by bealine; Dec 4, 2005 at 4:39 am
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yours or his ?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:04 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Aha. I find standing on the seat and waving it in the direction of the person in the cabin you find most attractive* whilst going "wooohoooo" usually has the desried effect of waking everyone up at 5.30am over Bovingdon....

*I think that's quite specific for this board....
Quite specific indeed!

And to the OP: You need to define what the "attention" was that you felt as uncomfortable. Was it a long look, excessive eye contact, a long smile, a "naughty" comment or perhaps something more...
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simon_n10
Yours or his ?

Was mine to begin with, but as the conversation progressed, it became clear he was suffering the same function!

Oh to have crew rest! ^
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Quite specific indeed!

And to the OP: You need to define what the "attention" was that you felt as uncomfortable. Was it a long look, excessive eye contact, a long smile, a "naughty" comment or perhaps something more...

Began with a comment, all well and good as he was very entertaining to the entire section during the meal service.....some crew should be on stage!
This comment led to some suggestive remark - not crude but obvious where it was leading.
Now, I work as a consultant to many airlines, and get to meet many crew on the ground and during flights......not sure if I have been too busy to take notice before...just wondering?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:42 am
pdb

I just hate it when the BA FAs march into the loo with industrial strength Glade Mist after I use the facilities. The CX FAs are so much more discreet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.