Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Looking for New Facial and Hand Moisturizers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:30 am
Original Poster

OK - it is getting cold again and I have my annual dry skin problem. I have tried more different products than I care to admit but I am always looking for something new. My big issues are dry hands (especially after long flights) and dry facial skin. If anyone has suggestions - particularly for non-greasy formulations - I am all ears!
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I don't have quite the same problem as you, but my friends recommend Body Shop's Shea Butter stuff for their hands.

I was reading Town&Country today & they had a great recommendation for facial stuff (made for travel) but it was a bit pricey - think you put on a transparent mask upon entering the plane, then used something else to make it magically disappear towards end of flight & then something else. Let me know if you're interested & I'll try to find it; think I still have the magazine.

If you don't mind looking like a nerd, you can put some lotion on hands & then the special gloves (found at a lot of places). I do that at times during the winter & my hands are baby soft in the mornings.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 27, 2005, 1:27 pm

Programs: AF: Plat BD: Gold ICH: Plat Royal Ambassador
I sympathise!

I have been through loads of different moisturisers- mainly for my face and lots of them were not effective or just irritating my skin. I discovered Décleor-a French brand that is based on plant extracts- yes I am sceptical about all the mumbo jumbo around beauty products but in this case they really are the business.

They are distributed through beauty salons so you'd usually have a facial and they'd say what type is good for your skin, and they do small samples that you can try at home first. They aren't cheap ca Ł40 for a jar of facial moisturiser but honestly I feel so strongly that I'd pay Ł100 for one.

http://www.decleor.com/
You can search by state or zip code.

If you want any more info please let me kow.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I find the Aveda travel size products and their creams to work well on airplanes. Along with the misting stuff.

Alright, so I'm not female, but my fiancee was the one that gave me this stuff since I travel so much!
Old Nov 27, 2005, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, DL - Silver, Hertz gold, Starwood-Plat, Hilton-Silver, Hyatt-Plat
I use the Body Shops almond oil intensive hand rescue shea butter which is great. The only thing I don't really care for is that it iis in a jar
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Gold (current Platinum), Hilton Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by folashade
I use the Body Shops almond oil intensive hand rescue shea butter which is great. The only thing I don't really care for is that it iis in a jar
if you're talking about Body Shop's "Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Creme", the good news is that I have some too and it's in a tube (I think I bought it at one of the airport shops). So next time you can get it in a tube, which I agree, is preferable.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
It's not an in-flight solution, but a post-flight solution. I'm hooked on Dove's Deep Moisture Body Wash in the winter, and I recently found travel sizes at the drug store.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For your face, while I don't know your skintype, I like the Elizabeth Arden product line of moisturizers. I use Visible Difference at night. http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/s...90361&R=CB-042

My face is normal to dry so this works very well.

As for my hands, I use L'Occitane's pure shea butter (thanks to Mary2e's recommendation). I love it.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 10:07 am

My favorite hand lotions at the moment are Ahava and Curel's Ultra Healing. Curel is about $4 at Target and works wonderfully, but Ahava smells better.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 3:14 pm

Programs: AF: Plat BD: Gold ICH: Plat Royal Ambassador
Delta and Occitane

Originally Posted by Analise
As for my hands, I use L'Occitane's pure shea butter (thanks to Mary2e's recommendation). I love it.
I agree, I looove L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. The fragrance is lovely. I first encountered in the Delta transatlantic amenity kits. It lasts so well. Even the tiny tubes Delta give you would last for ages. Their lip balm is very good too.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:23 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
L'occitane for the hands (or Novita) and for the face I prefer using Origins mist during my flight (sprinkler system) and then a good moisturizer for dry skin is La Prairie evening cream. The other one that I like is Lancome Hydrating masque - makes my skin feel creamy
Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:27 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
I swear by Origins "Urgent Moisture" in the winter. They claim it isn't for the face but it's totally non greesy and won't set you back a bunch. I have used it on my face for the past 5 winters and love it.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:17 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

For my hands, I like Jurlique hand cream.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

I was reading Town&Country today & they had a great recommendation for facial stuff (made for travel) but it was a bit pricey - think you put on a transparent mask upon entering the plane, then used something else to make it magically disappear towards end of flight & then something else. Let me know if you're interested & I'll try to find it; think I still have the magazine.

Cheers. Sharon
O magazine had an amenity kit (Fresh-in-Flight) listed also that sounds like the same item. They carry it at sephora.com or drugstore.com. One recently sold on ebay for $26. Now if only the airlines would offer it. dawn

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp143491_3...flight_kit.htm

Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I love Clarins hand and nail formula. It smells yummy, works, and isn't greasy. Very good stuff! good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.