Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New System for Changed Itinerary?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2005, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Thumbs up New System for Changed Itinerary?

I just received an email from DL that they had changed the arrival/departure time of a flight my wife and I are on in January. In the email they had confirmed the same seats we had previously selected. I've never had a problem with that (unless it's an equipment change) so that in itself was not that big a deal. Here's the cool part. When I went to "my itineraries" on delta.com they had changed the time of the flight but were not showing schedule changed and seat unassigned, meaning I didn't have to call SMS and have them clean up the record. I hope this isn't an isolated case and that they have put this new system in place. It is a huge improvement and one that I and others have been fussing about in this forum for quite a while. ^ ^ ^

Last edited by atl runner; Nov 20, 2005 at 10:02 am
Old Nov 19, 2005, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL FO...ex-PM, GM...does it really even matter these days? LOL...
Interesting.............

This weekend I had a flight number and equipment change for a flight in January, but I didn't receive an email. I also had to call SMS to get the itinerary "cleaned up."
Old Nov 20, 2005, 1:20 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally Posted by atl runner
When I went to "my itineraries" on delta.com they had changed the time of the flight but were not showing scheduled changed and seat unassigned, meaning I didn't have to call SMS and have them clean up the record. I hope this isn't an isolated case and that they have put this new system in place. It is a huge improvement and one that I and others have been fussing about in this forum for quite a while. ^ ^ ^
Most likely their res agents got to the record before you did. It's likely because the queue is much less than it was when the sent through the earlier big changes a few weeks ago.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 8:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by atl runner
I just received an email from DL that they had changed the arrival/departure time of a flight my wife and I are on in January. In the email they had confirmed the same seats we had previously selected. I've never had a problem with that (unless it's an equipment change) so that in itself was not that big a deal. Here's the cool part. When I went to "my itineraries" on delta.com they had changed the time of the flight but were not showing scheduled changed and seat unassigned, meaning I didn't have to call SMS and have them clean up the record. I hope this isn't an isolated case and that they have put this new system in place. It is a huge improvement and one that I and others have been fussing about in this forum for quite a while. ^ ^ ^
atl runner....this would be very cool if it is in fact a change and not just a one time glitch. As is true for you and many others in this forum, I'm sitting on a half-dozen or more open itineraries that stretch into Fall, 2006. And i've made innumerable calls to SMS to get the seating cleaned up.
The SMS people are always very accommodating but having to call them just wastes their time and mine on a task that should be easy to fix.
Let's hope this is fixed once and for all.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by jeffreyt
Most likely their res agents got to the record before you did. It's likely because the queue is much less than it was when the sent through the earlier big changes a few weeks ago.
That may be the case but I check my itineraries pretty much daily--and have for years--and I've never had it happen this way before. Trust me, I'm not complaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.