Wiki Posts
Search

Using the VS Clubhouse at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2005, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Using the VS Clubhouse at LHR

How many others who fly through LHR use this place ?. I keep forgetting but after being aghast at that metal clad monstrosity that has ruined the view from the SKL F lounge (aka the new A380 gates), I decided to check it out.

Wow, that is going to be some lounge when the second phase is finished. It's not too shabby now either. I think that may well be my lounge of choice when flying SQ out of T3. For those who haven't tried it yet I'd highly recommend checking it out.

If SQ got their act together and created some lounges like this place, coupled with their in-flight product they'd be on to a real winner. This is just my humble opinion and is in no way aimed at our SQ marketing dept lurkers.

Last edited by MAN Flyer; Oct 27, 2005 at 4:39 am Reason: spelin
Old Oct 27, 2005, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I've used it a few times but there is a catch, you can't take a guest in with you no matter what class they are flying so unless you are travelling alone or with another PPS card holder it's no use. I used it with the other half three weeks ago when we were going off on holiday

I agree about the monstrosity outside the window of the SKL, it's awful, it has totally ruined one of my favourite lounges. As it's part of the gate structure for the A380 though, I suppose SQ can't complain too loudly.

The SKL is still the best *A lounge at LHR, but IMO, the MH Golden Lounge now has the edge for best overall.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 2:50 pm
BON

Programs: UA 1K
I'm just wondering if they give you guys any trouble when accesing the VS Clubhouse? Did you have to give any explanations at all about SQ, PPS, etc.? I routed my RTW to LHR just to visit the VS Clubhouse this December. I'm really looking forward to it. The closest thing I'll ever get to flying VS for now!
Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhrpete
The SKL is still the best *A lounge at LHR
I especially enjoy the sleeping areas there. ^ Probably the best lounge in all of T3 and probably the only positive aspect of that terminal.

BTW is BAA still dumping SQ at the far end gates (32, 35, 40, 42, etc)? The last several times I've taken an SQ flight to/from there, I nearly strained a muscle in my thigh each time because the aircraft was parked sooooo faaaaaar awaaaaay. I'm already bracing for the worst come February when I'll be taking SQ322.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 8:33 pm

Programs: # Neodymium #
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
BTW is BAA still dumping SQ at the far end gates (32, 35, 40, 42, etc)?
No.. we were at Gate 21 for SQ319 last weekend.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 1:05 am

Programs: SQ *G / A3 *G
Hello,

I have an LHR-SFO flight on VS but I am a KF *G I presume that I will be able to access to Clubhouse aswell. There was a post about this but I think it was from last year...anything changed?

Cheers

Clowesy
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:40 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyingDobber
Hello,

I have an LHR-SFO flight on VS but I am a KF *G I presume that I will be able to access to Clubhouse aswell. There was a post about this but I think it was from last year...anything changed?

Cheers

Clowesy
Nothing has changed. You will have access to the Clubhouse.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 6:57 pm
JPB

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M
I used the VS clubhouse for the first time yesterday before my SQ317 flight and I have to say I was very impressed. I think I will definitely use it over the SKL in the future.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 7:06 am

Programs: Shiny metal ones that go clink.
SKL monstrosity short lived.

I agree about the monstrosity outside the window of the SKL, it's awful, it has totally ruined one of my favourite lounges. As it's part of the gate structure for the A380 though, I suppose SQ can't complain too loudly. The SKL is still the best *A lounge at LHR...
Remember that SQ are moving to terminal 1 shortly - although just after the A380 arrives (unless it's delayed again) and taking over the BD lounge, so the hassle of looking at those gates will be short lived - 'cos soon, the only choices for a lounge crawl will be SQ, BD or the new *A lounge - which will incorporate the transfered SKL.

Shame really, I quite like the SQ/SK/UA lounge crawl at the moment, which sets you up nicely before another flight to SIN.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Newssexy
Remember that SQ are moving to terminal 1 shortly -
Where on earth have you got that from ?.

SQ are not moving over to T1 until T5 opens at least when BA's move will free up gates for others, and that's not until 2008. SQ will be the first to operate the A380 at LHR, and the only place they are preparing to accept those things initially is that area of T3 near the SKL where they are preparing 4 gates next to each other.

Last edited by MAN Flyer; Nov 13, 2005 at 7:32 am
Old Nov 13, 2005, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I understand (from the PPS co-ordinator) that SQ will not move to T1 initially - even when the other *A carriers do. Whether or not the proposed Heathrow East development changes that I don't know but they were not planning to move until 2010.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:37 pm
awn

what are the conditions for using the VS lounge when travelling on SQ?

I have *G with BD but will be travelling Raffles - can I access the VS Clubhouse?

awn
Old Nov 17, 2005, 6:36 am

I think BD *G members have only access to VS club house when travelling on VS, see this thread
Old Nov 18, 2005, 3:05 am
Original Poster

I understand (from the PPS co-ordinator) that SQ will not move to T1 initially - even when the other *A carriers do. Whether or not the proposed Heathrow East development changes that I don't know but they were not planning to move until 2010.
That is my understanding to.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 8:23 pm

Revivals Lounge @ LHR

Just saw this on the website:

"Only Solitaire PPS Club and Life members have access to Virgin’s “Revivals” arrival lounge in London; access is limited to members arriving on SQ322 only. Members will not be able to invite guests to use the lounge."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.