Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Earning Spreadsheet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:20 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL

derpelikan and KiwiFlyer have kindly prepared a Hilton points earning spreadsheet. It is fairly self-evident but I'll let them explain the thinking. I have hosted it on my website at:

derpelikan and KiwiFlyers' Hilton Points Earning Spreadsheet ^
Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Very Nice! ^ Thanks to all, now it is all about how one values hhonors points to miles, but is is nice to be able to see the values from the different Myway options in $. Thanks again.

One thing, can you put a 100 mile value (Hampton) in the dropdown box for fixed airline miles?

Last edited by OB one; Sep 26, 2005 at 7:59 am
Old Sep 26, 2005, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
yes very easily - will wait to see if any other bugs before updating in a couple of days
Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Very nice! I already have a big Excel file I use to track everything, including all my anticipated flights and hotel stays, so that I can make sure I get credited with the right amounts and I know when I should upgrade to the next level of each program. I'm going to copy this sheet over to that file and now I'll have a great little tool for deciding which option to choose for my points and miles with Hilton. Although, since so many of my stays these days are at Hamptons, the points and points option is usually by far the best.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:47 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

If you're copying this into another file, make sure to also copy the hidden sheet which has the info needed for the pulldowns and formulae to work.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:10 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
great

thanks again for kiwi for doing the layout and xcel things.

i was trying to calculate the points for a stay at the conrad in tokyo with a triple points promo and i thought that a points calculating sheet would be nice.

i hope we can set this up in the future as a html document so everyone can use it online

if you have suggestions or bugs, please pm kiwi directly.

thx bb for hosting the file

dp
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:13 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Originally Posted by derpelikan
thanks again for kiwi for doing the layout and xcel things.

i was trying to calculate the points for a stay at the conrad in tokyo with a triple points promo and i thought that a points calculating sheet would be nice.

and as calculated i received in total 229000 Hilton Honors Points.

i hope we can set this up in the future as a html document so everyone can use it online

if you have suggestions or bugs, please pm kiwi directly.

thx bb for hosting the file

dp
Old Oct 2, 2005, 5:37 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Revision 1 posted.

Changes are:

1) input rate is now before tax (in most locations, other than Australia & NZ, this is the initial rate quoted)
2) select hotel brand & FFP and it automatically provides the fixed number of miles (and message if no variable mile option)
3) added options for promo for 250, 500, or 1000 HH points
Old Oct 3, 2005, 8:13 am

Very nice - thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2007, 5:36 pm

indeed :)

Originally Posted by ajf3
Very nice - thanks!

still a handy tool to use.

now if anybody could create an online version of this tool...

dp
Old Jan 10, 2007, 7:51 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
for US based FTers, might also need to add the options for the 500 AMEX booking points & 5 points /$ charged.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 8:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by rdchen
for US based FTers, might also need to add the options for the 500 AMEX booking points & 5 points /$ charged.
Sure - does the AMEX booking points get included with double/triple points promos? I would guess not, but can someone confirm.

The AMEX 5 points / $ charged - does this include taxes? Does this get included with double/triple points promos? I would guess not on both counts.

Edited to add. It looks like need updating for earning on Scandics (now also 10 HHonors base points per eligible dollar spend). Are there any other changes to reflect?
Old Jan 10, 2007, 8:04 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
does the AMEX booking points get included with double/triple points promos?
No

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The AMEX 5 points / $ charged - does this include taxes? Does this get included with double/triple points promos?
Yes & No
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Very nice indeed. What about adding the non-american HH CC and the possibility of double promotions? Next week I will have the pleasure of enoying two triple point promtions at the same time (the Q4 promotion pls a triple point promotion bought with the rate at the Waldorf Towers )

Very nice indeed considering that a 100 Dollar restaurant charge gives me 6300 points and a 500 Dollars charge is nearly enough to buy a free night in a Cat 5 hotel....
Old Jan 11, 2007, 4:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG
Very Nice Indeed

Thanks - now if I can only keep up with it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.