Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Exclamation One STC miles is not always more valuable than one M&M miles

Looking on some promotions offered from STC recently, like

Frühbucherpromotion
Europa 4 Segmente Promotion
Up to 4x Bonus Miles

I fully understand that some of you are unhappy that STC – and these opportunities - do not survive for long. On the other hand, especially for customers who are flying on paid C/F tickets, I consider M&M more attractive than STC:

COS bonus:
STC: 100/50% (F/C)
M&M: 200/100%

Elite bonus:
STC: 20/30/30 (Silver/Gold/Circle)
M&M: 25/25/50 (FTL/SEN/HON)

Before you decide either redeem your STC miles or transfer it in your (new) M&M account, please compare STC and M&M spend tables. You will realize that awards are not always cheaper in STC. Let me come up with a very popular European/Australian award as an example:

STC: 320/240/160K (F/C/Y)
M&M: 240/160/100K

Further more, if you are STC Gold, your status will be match to M&M SEN (=*G) in 2Q 2006; as a SEN, you have the option to redeem a companion award (= 50% for the 2nd ticket).
Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:48 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by Kerstin Ruf
I fully understand that some of you are unhappy that STC – and these opportunities - do not survive for long.
Yes - very sad indeed. No more of this with "big brother". My last hope remains: Let LH see that they must offer some kind of advantage to use LX in Europe. With nearly no miles and no promos, LX is lost vs. the LCCs in Europe.

Further more, if you are STC Gold, your status will be match to M&M SEN (=*G) in 2Q 2006; as a SEN, you have the option to redeem a companion award (= 50% for the 2nd ticket).
Thanks, that is good news.
Well, at least it makes up for the loss of the 50% child discount. Too bad for the junior, because the lady of the house and I can now go flying around and leave him at home.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 4:28 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Looking on some promotions offered from STC recently, like

Frühbucherpromotion
Europa 4 Segmente Promotion
Up to 4x Bonus Miles

I fully understand that some of you are unhappy that STC – and these opportunities - do not survive for long. On the other hand, especially for customers who are flying on paid C/F tickets, I consider M&M more attractive than STC:

COS bonus:
STC: 100/50% (F/C)
M&M: 200/100%

Elite bonus:
STC: 20/30/30 (Silver/Gold/Circle)
M&M: 25/25/50 (FTL/SEN/HON)

Before you decide either redeem your STC miles or transfer it in your (new) M&M account, please compare STC and M&M spend tables. You will realize that awards are not always cheaper in STC. Let me come up with a very popular European/Australian award as an example:

STC: 320/240/160K (F/C/Y)
M&M: 240/160/100K

Dear Kerstin,

may be you didn´t get it !?
The people here on the board know very well that LH`s goal is treating the premium customers only more and more !
The complains are not about 200/300 % C/F miles ! They come from the mass, flying economy ( where SWISS today still gives 1000 min. miles ) in all classes. They are speaking about promotions like ( Frühbucherpromotion) , where one got 10k + the regular 1k for each el cheapo segment!!! With 1 DUS-ZRH-MIL-ZRH-DUS + 1 MIL-ZRH-DUS-ZRH-MIL and 1 DUS-ZRH-PMI-ZRH-DUS ( total costs around 2950 Euro for 4 pax ) we had 2 nice days in Milano, a nice weekend in Mallorca and earned each 132k +5k new member promo = 137k ( enough for a free flight in "F" to Northamerica 140k ). Have you ever seen such a promo from M&L ? Iam not! If one is lucky and targeted one gets 10k for a intercontinental in F !!!
You are intelligent enough that you know what the people here are complaining about! Why not speaking the true ? LH has swallowed a small competitor and now the way is more open for LH to dictate also these cutomers their "new rules". But still we have a choice, there are other FFP´s and everyone has to calculate where he/she has the best earning spending for their travel pattern. May be LH will swallow some more annoying like BD´s DC in future.
But please do not speak about LH´s "generosity"
"Hochmut kommt vor dem Untergang" "arrogance comes bevore downfall"

Last edited by bertheike; Sep 11, 2005 at 1:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.