Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a quick method of becoming a Platinum member?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2005, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Is there a quick method of becoming a Platinum member?

I have ambassador status and would like to see if there's a fast way to get to Platinum.
Any advice (other than staying 50 nights) is appreciated!
Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2005, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
First make sure you are collecting points rather than airline miles. This means you only need 60K to qualify for Platinum, not 50 nights. It is making use of all the promotions PC offers through the year that really helps bulk up the account. Even just registering for a single Stay X nights earn 10K in the spring and fall, plus the double points and 2nd night bonuses, it adds up quickly. Or you can try for Royal Ambassador status...

Also remember that it is faster to earn Plat once you are Plat, as you get the 50% status bonus. And staying in non-IC brand properties gets you more points on a 2-night or more stay than the flat 2K points earned at ICs: 2 nights in an HI or CP @ $150 per night = 3K base PC points versus 2 nights in an IC @ $200 per night still only earns 2K base PC points.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
thanks for the pointers...

Originally Posted by Shareholder
First make sure you are collecting points rather than airline miles. This means you only need 60K to qualify for Platinum, not 50 nights. It is making use of all the promotions PC offers through the year that really helps bulk up the account. Even just registering for a single Stay X nights earn 10K in the spring and fall, plus the double points and 2nd night bonuses, it adds up quickly. Or you can try for Royal Ambassador status...

Also remember that it is faster to earn Plat once you are Plat, as you get the 50% status bonus. And staying in non-IC brand properties gets you more points on a 2-night or more stay than the flat 2K points earned at ICs: 2 nights in an HI or CP @ $150 per night = 3K base PC points versus 2 nights in an IC @ $200 per night still only earns 2K base PC points.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If you sign up for all the 'Stay x' promos in the Promos sticky (and all the other current promos) and collect points not miles, you will definitely hit Plat / 60,000 points with just 11 nights in the Aug-Oct quarter and - depending on what you pay and your mix of single and multi-night stays - may even hit it with 9 nights.

If its already too late to hit the nights this quarter, don't worry - this promo is likely to be repeated immediately or early in the New Year.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Red face

Originally Posted by RJB
If you sign up for all the 'Stay x' promos in the Promos sticky (and all the other current promos) and collect points not miles, you will definitely hit Plat / 60,000 points with just 11 nights in the Aug-Oct quarter and - depending on what you pay and your mix of single and multi-night stays - may even hit it with 9 nights.
I would have made Plat in 11 stays, but I goofed up in which hotels I booked for a couple of second stays. I should have used Candlewood Suites but I used regular HI's. Now it looks like 12 stays will get me Plat.

The funny thing is that by the time I receive my Gold card, my Platinum one should be ready for mailing.

Last edited by ByrdluvsAWACO; Aug 31, 2005 at 4:06 pm
Old Sep 1, 2005, 6:34 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by ausbj
I have ambassador status and would like to see if there's a fast way to get to Platinum.
Thanks
Yes, buy an ICHG-branded hotel. Instant Plat status! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ighlight=owner

Another way is to be comped based on your elite status in one of the other major hotel groups.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 12:44 pm

Wink sign up to receive points

Originally Posted by ausbj
Thanks
Priority Club requires 50 nights, OR 60,000 points to be platinum. It is much easier to reach the 60,000 points, I've done it by February before. Register to receive points, not miles (you can always transfer them), and sign up for all of their point promotions. It also helps a lot if you are already Platinum, then you get 15 points per dollar, so a $100 per night room gets you 1500 points per night. Plus, you can also sign up for the credit card. It's free and gets you 10,000 points.

Just know, I rarely get anything or are treated any differently for my platinum status. The only benefit for me is the extra points so that I accumulate free stays faster.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 9:44 am

Between double points (starting soon) and the stay x get 10k deals - you should be able to make plat in about 10 nights
Old Sep 2, 2005, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
The other option is to match status from another program. I had my HHonors Gold matched into PC Plat. With the promos, I requalified in about a month, but it was still nice to have the 50% bonus during that month.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I got matched to Priority Club Platinum by showing my Marriott Platinum status.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 6:32 am

Programs: United, Southwest, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Airtran, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Loews Gold
I have been a HH diamond for years. Did you have to beg for platinum. What did they ask and what did you have to provide.
Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2006, 9:44 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by ericgartner
I have been a HH diamond for years. Did you have to beg for platinum. What did they ask and what did you have to provide.
Thanks
Just email PC CS and request to be comped to Plat based on your HH status, (don't call them, as some CSRs have no concept of status matching), and they will askt you to fax over a copy of your HH statement. I was comped to Plat in less than 24 hours.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 9:51 am

Programs: United, Southwest, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Airtran, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Loews Gold
Thanks...I called the ambassador line and I emailed all the info. I guess will see.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 4:04 am

That was quick. I am platinum. Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2006, 5:23 am

If I apply to the PC Visa and get the 30K bonus, will those points count for the 60K required for Platinum?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.