Search

LAX lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2002, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
AF lounge in LAX?

If I am traveling on a business class ticket, does AF have a lounge in LAX that I can use?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">"There are only two reasons to sit in the back row of an airplane:
Either you have diarrhea, or you're anxious to meet people who do."

Henry Kissinger</font>
Old May 5, 2002, 11:46 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Yes, there is an AF lounge. Not too large. The last time I was in the lounge, there was French Champagne as well as a nice Bordeaux Red Cru bourgeois.
Old May 5, 2002, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JOUY31:
Yes, there is an AF lounge. Not too large. The last time I was in the lounge, there was French Champagne as well as a nice Bordeaux Red Cru bourgeois.</font>
How late is it open? I leave on AF70 LAX-PPT, that has a departure time of 12:10 AM.

Old May 6, 2002, 6:18 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
According to the Skyteam web site, opening hours for the AF lounge are, as follows :

Mon, Wed, Fri 12:00 - 23:00;
Tue, Thu, Sat 12:00 - 21:00;
Sun 12:00 - 18:30

The KE lounge is open daily until 24.00 and is also located in the Bradley International Terminal, on another floor.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 8:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
LAX lounge

We have a long layover in LAX and will be flying out on Delta/Air France Business Class Frequent Flyer Award.
Can anyone tell me about the lounge that will be available? Will I need a day room to get some rest -Air France Flight out at Midnight.......Thanks for your help and Info.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 3:09 am

According to info from the Global Lounge Project posted by Jouy31, there is an AF lounge on the 5th floor of the Tom Bradley International Terminal which you should be able to access with your Business Class ticket. Should be open late to accommodate paxs on the PPT flight. No showers and restrooms are outside the lounge.

You should also have access to the Delta Crown Room in Terminal 5, which does have showers and contains restrooms. If you do use the Delta CRC, leave some time to get to the Bradley Terminal.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 9:57 am
Original Member

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Thanks for that Info!
Old Aug 29, 2002, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
The Air France Lounge in the Bradley Terminal is fairly small (maybe space for 40-50 people) with nice drinks but limited snacks (fruit, cookies, chips). Chairs are comfortable but not good enough for sleeping. Also, you are through security which means you don't have much else to do (the food court and all the good shopping is outside security). The Delta lounge is only a bit bigger but more crowded and the seats in the AF lounge are better. Haven't used the showers there. If you're Skyteam Elite Plus the Korean Air Lounge (also in the Bradley Terminal) is also available. Since you're in between two long legs, it really might be worth it to try a day room at any of the dozen major hotels with free shuttle service to the airport. This is especially true if you're travelling on a weekend when they have more reasonable rates (under $100 for overnight). Hope that helps, too.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 10:28 am

LAX lounge

I saw an old thread that indicated that with the move to Terminal 2 in LAX, AF Business Class Passengers would have access to NWA lounge. Is this, in fact, the case?

I got award seats for folks LAX CDG; since they have no elite status, I am hoping they have lounge access by simply having business class tickets.

thanks,
Marc
Old Aug 28, 2005, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
this is true. AF is in the same terminal with NWA and KLM and use their lounge. I've not been in because I was on short connection - but there is written AF and KLM on the lounge which is in the upper level of the small terminal building.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 1:38 pm
Suspended

The WC in LAX is nothing to write home about, just an older regular World Club with self service bar and some cheese, crackers and apples.It is behind security and two minutes away from the gates...
Old Aug 28, 2005, 5:53 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Marq
I saw an old thread that indicated that with the move to Terminal 2 in LAX, AF Business Class Passengers would have access to NWA lounge. Is this, in fact, the case?

I got award seats for folks LAX CDG; since they have no elite status, I am hoping they have lounge access by simply having business class tickets.

thanks,
Marc
Your Business Class tickets will give you access to the WC Lounge. I would check the WC lounge hours. IIRC there was some discussion either on this forum or NWA forum about early evening closing. This would not bode well for those traveling on the 6:30 or 9:15 AF non-stops to CDG. Apparently FC pax are using Air New Zealand lounge in T2.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I took the 6:20 AF 69 flight to Paris a few weeks ago and used the WC lounge without a problem. By LAX standards it isn't too bad at all.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 7:19 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Any update as to whether AF J pax will have a lounge in T2 after 6:00 PM?
Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2005, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
6pm

Starting in the next few weeks, the WC lounge @ LAX will be closing at 6PM. (Per NW thread and a cryptic answer when I visited the lounge myself last week.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.