Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

New Changes to the Delta Air Lines Internet Web Site: www.delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Changes to the Delta Air Lines Internet Web Site: www.delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2005, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM
New Delta Website Teaser

Just received a link to a teaser for the new website.

The user interface looks impressive.

http://www.delta.com/home/site_tease...MkRef=&MkPlac=

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 30, 2005 at 6:25 pm Reason: To restore the original title of this unedited milepost after changing the title of this thread to be more descriptive.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 1:44 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
It looks like a page straight off of expedia.com. Pretty nice looking, hope function and form go together on it.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL Prisoner #347921
Originally Posted by OutOfOffice
Pretty nice looking, hope function and form go together on it.
I've always wondered why most Airline websites go with a bland, boring background. IMO they should be enticing the visitors to the website with pictures of the tropics or majestic snow-capped mountains.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
And what does this new website do better than the old one ?
At first sight, it looks like it has the very same functions, with a different look, scroll down windows and probably costed DL some money too.

I don't really care for pretty images. I'm trying to book a flight and would like something fast, that never freezes. If they could list all the flights (as opposed to flights in an 8-hour range, like they do now), maybe suggesting cheaper options at +/- 1 day, or exotic routings, that would be very welcome, instead. If I wanna look at pretty pictures, I'll buy the National Geographics.

Last edited by thesaints; Jul 28, 2005 at 6:36 pm
Old Jul 28, 2005, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
Give me a grid of all flights available and all fares available. Let me pick, not hunt.

-=tg=-
Old Jul 28, 2005, 3:22 pm

Web Sneak Peek

The webpage looks totally like expedia. If it weren't for the menu, you could not tell you were at a website for an airline. Great work Delta. Now if they could work on keeping the airplanes in the air!
Old Jul 28, 2005, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by thesaints
And what does this new website do better than the old one ?
At first sight, it looks like it has the very same functions, with a different look, scroll down windows and probably costed DL sum money too.

I don't really care for pretty images. I'm trying to book a flight and would like something fast, that never freezes. If they could list all the flights (as opposed to flights in an 8-hour range, like they do now), maybe suggesting cheaper options at +/- 1 day, or exotic routings, that would be very welcome, instead. If I wanna look at pretty pictures, I'll buy the National Geographics.
Isn't this a pretty tough review for a website that doesn't even exist yet?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by indufan
Isn't this a pretty tough review for a website that doesn't even exist yet?
Not when the teaser shows only pretty images and speaks about no better technology.

-=tg=-
Old Jul 28, 2005, 5:00 pm

Never had too many problems with delta.com, but I just hope the new version features new interactive route maps ala WN or FL, and not the crAp they have now. Same goes for seat maps and airport maps.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
Well, at least it looks very cool
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta FO
I really have no major problem with the website as it is now, but would like to have more of an advanced search feature where I could request a specific fare class. The new teaser site looks a little childish to me, but you can't judge a book by the cover so I guess we all will have to wait and see what is inside.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 7:17 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Keep in mind that they have to design for the masses. FT power users will probably still not be happy, but from a usability standpoint, I think that the new Web site offers promise.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 7:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Do you think they will develop a teaser for their Chapter 11 reorganization web page?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Some people just don't like changes!
Old Jul 28, 2005, 9:04 pm

I am going to say no. Delta, you have lost my business. I cant stand the Indians answering your calls, and now I cant stand your website.

This is the final straw. no more sm for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.