Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade now poss on NH and SQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2005, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade now poss on NH and SQ

I have good news.
Again, nothing official (except the text below) IŽll post more information when I get it.

The electronic upgrade against miles

As a Miles & More member you now have even more opportunities for redeeming your miles: On 02 August 2005 the eUpgrade option will be extended to even more of our Star Alliance Partners. You can then book a paperless upgrade against miles on flights with All Nippon Airways, LOT Polish Airlines and Singapore Airlines easily and conveniently by phone. The electronic upgrade currently only applies to flights booked with Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines and can also be booked online. We plan to extend the eUpgrade option to additional Star Alliance Partners to offer you even more choice.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 11:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks for the good news ^
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:10 am

Programs: LH-SEN SQ-PPS
In principle - great news!
In practice - let's wait and see (remember it's about LH and SQ - quite a big difference in service quality)

I wonder which econ classes will be upgradeable on SQ and the allocated availability...

Cheers,
R (pessimistically unhappy with LH)
Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
So far, 2nd of August hasn't been a good date for MM enhancements. My gut feeling is that there'll be new even stricter upgrade rules for ALL airlines. Hope I'm wrong.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:25 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Thanks for the info. Excellent news though it is very likely restricted to some booking classes (and SQ is also known for not offering a good award availability)
Old Jun 15, 2005, 2:32 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Let's at least stay positive because in general this is great news.

I just hope the particulars are also promising.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 3:01 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by buckel2
IThe electronic upgrade against miles
Thanks for this info buckel2. Resourcefull as ever. ^ Now the question is if LH would also consider including eVouchers into that deal. That would be even better. This option is nice though considerig the amount of miles needed in general it's a bit of a "rotten" deal in comparison to a full award tix. But let's not be ungrateful.

Cheers ...

Last edited by demue; Jun 15, 2005 at 3:29 am
Old Jun 15, 2005, 4:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
what I'm wondering is how much do the airlines credit/debit each other for such upgrades?

LH must be asking UA for some substantial credit as the easily earned UA SWUs are allowed on most LH intercont flights, but LH members can also upgrade on UA, FWIW. Now that LH offers upgrades on SQ & NH the agreement must be reciprocal, I guess.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
Any idea if these upgrades on SQ and MH will be by miles only or also possible by using SEN evouchers?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The OP only refers to miles. This makes sense to me.

(BTW MH is Malaysian - doubt you'll be able to upgrade on that from Miles & More!)
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The OP only refers to miles. This makes sense to me.

(BTW MH is Malaysian - doubt you'll be able to upgrade on that from Miles & More!)
Yep. Sorry, I meant NH of course!
Old Jun 17, 2005, 7:34 am
Suspended

buckel2 - just out of curiosity: do you work for LH?
Old Jun 17, 2005, 9:01 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LH738
Thanks for the info. Excellent news though it is very likely restricted to some booking classes (and SQ is also known for not offering a good award availability)

I guess the same as for UA or even less.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 1:15 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
i think

Originally Posted by oliver2002
what I'm wondering is how much do the airlines credit/debit each other for such upgrades?

LH must be asking UA for some substantial credit as the easily earned UA SWUs are allowed on most LH intercont flights, but LH members can also upgrade on UA, FWIW. Now that LH offers upgrades on SQ & NH the agreement must be reciprocal, I guess.
i think as employee travel on LH in biz is around 200euro that United will pay per Upg.an amount of 100Euro to LH.

as the seats which are upg. on avail. base would go empty , LH will not loose so much money except the food and ameneties.

but i would say that the amenitie back and the food is max. worth 100USD for a RT Trip.

So may be LH will earn a bit out of this ?

may be someone inside LH has some info
Old Jul 25, 2005, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
M&M award upgrade on SQ,NH starting on Aug, 2

Hi,
in the "exclusive" italian version, on page 9, they talk about the possibility to use miles & vouchers to upgrade a sector even if it is operated by SQ and NH, starting 02 Aug.
I suppose the news is quite correct, even because there was a thread about it, mentioning the same starting date.On the website (italian and global) i have not found any specific info about this option.
May you know if there's a page about it on M&M site?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers
Luke

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jul 25, 2005 at 2:03 pm Reason: this post merged into existing thread - content unchanged

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.