Wiki Posts
Search

Prague CSA Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Prague CSA Lounge

Any (recent or not) experiences with the CSA lounge at Prague? Did a search but nothing specific popped up. Have an upcoming trip with PRG connection (4.5 hours between flights) so I could end up visiting - SkyTeam website lists showers in list of facilities, any word on those? (as that sounds like a perfect way to refresh after JFK-PRG).
Finally, since I will make Platinum end of this week and my trip is 3 weeks away, my Platinum card is not going to be in my possesion in time. I assume that my boarding passes will list Elite Plus status - would that be enough for admission? (I hope the BPs will list the status, as flights are DL and OK, but expect that DL will print all of them on checkin in US)
Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 7:31 pm

I was in there about a month ago. I was flying coach from PRG to FRA and am only a Silver. I walked in and showed them my Silver Elite Card and smiled. They said come on in. It's good to know that card is good for something! I'm not sure, but I don't think being Silver is enough to get you in a lounge (although, I read that SkyTeam Elites are able to access SkyTeam partner lounges, so, maybe Silver is enough).
I did not see any showers, but it does not mean that there aren't any, I just didn't look. They do have internet access with several computers to use. A nice open envronment with pretty stylish furniture that is comfortable. The drink spread is nicer than Frankfurt (the only other lounge I've been in). They have a fair selection fruits and breads, pastries, and a tray of snooty finger foods that I don't understand why people eat. It is clean and looks somewhat new.
Enjoy Prague. It's a great place.
Jaas
Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:58 am

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
I was there not too long ago. Interesting Art-Neveau type decort with lots of bright vinyl and crystal in odd places. Pleasant staff. Lots of choices in regards to food and drinks, though the food is typical central European fare. An area with cafeteria style tables and chairs to work, light and bright, not too crowded when I was there (9 am). No specific critisism, though I know of many other lounges that are more comfy and pleasant according to my taste
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:23 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bbelovic
Finally, since I will make Platinum end of this week and my trip is 3 weeks away, my Platinum card is not going to be in my possesion in time. I assume that my boarding passes will list Elite Plus status - would that be enough for admission? (I hope the BPs will list the status, as flights are DL and OK, but expect that DL will print all of them on checkin in US)
Thanks.
I'm assuming that your reservations for the PRG flight are already made. So as a reminder...

Once you see that your PM status has updated in Delta's computer, phone in to have an SMS agent remove your SM number and then re-input it. This will update your status on that particular reservation. If you don't do that, your new status won't be reflected on that (or any) reservation that predates your new PM status.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLfan
I'm assuming that your reservations for the PRG flight are already made. So as a reminder...

Once you see that your PM status has updated in Delta's computer, phone in to have an SMS agent remove your SM number and then re-input it. This will update your status on that particular reservation. If you don't do that, your new status won't be reflected on that (or any) reservation that predates your new PM status.
Thanks. Thought of that, but will have to figure out how will the status play out with OK portion of the trip, that is, how do I make sure that both DL and OK boarding passes list Elite Plus. I'll call ahead, but will probably deal with the second part at the airport (the ticket was booked through a travel agent, not Delta directly, and I don't have it on hand, so I'm not sure if it's one ticket or two).

Thanks for the feedbacks on the lounge, too - hopefully I get a chance to spend few hours in there.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Finally got a chance to look at my ticket, and it is a single ticket, issued by CSA (064). Since my itinerary originates in RSW and CSA has no offices there (plus the first flight is DL), Delta will be handling the check-in and I assume issuing BPs all the way through (RSW-JFK-PRG-SPU).
Does anyone have experience with this kind of situation - can/will Delta imprint my status (Platinum / Elite Plus) on the boarding pass(es) given it's a CSA ticket?
Although not a DL ticket, itinerary does show up under My Itineraries on delta.com (but I doubt that I could perform any operation on it, most likely a side effect of having SkyMiles # associated and having DL confirmation #).
Old Jul 18, 2005, 4:19 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by bbelovic
Does anyone have experience with this kind of situation - can/will Delta imprint my status (Platinum / Elite Plus) on the boarding pass(es) given it's a CSA ticket?
You can not count on your CSA issued BP's to state your Elite Plus status (however they will have your DL SM number). Thus I recommend you bring your PM card.

When I got to the CSA lounge in PRG, my wife and I were traveling in C and we brought a friend with us who was on KLM Y. When showing our boarding passes, which did not show my elite plus status, we were told that the friend was not allowed, as apparently you are not allowed guests when qualifying for admittance by traveling in C, however, when I wipped out my PM card, there were no problems and my friend loaded up on the food before his treck back to the US in coach!

Also, the miles from CDG-PRG (on AF) were not posted until I "appealed" on-line, however, the miles PRG-CDG (on CSA) did! One disadvantage of having a non-DL (non 0006xxx) ticket is, that you can not ask for non-posted miles on-line.

By the way, I just looked at a picturte of my friend loading up in the lounge and now remember that the main sitting room in the lounge is furnished with impressive purple corderoy "thrones" with coffee tables made in crystal. Still quite art Noveauish IMHO!!
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I go there often enough....

Absolutely no complaints about it...Well perhaps it could do with some more sandwiches, but drinks are plentiful, snacks sufficient, there's always space in front of a PC, most of the time the (one) shower's available, there's a public payphone, and you can literally view most aircraft movements around Ruzyne. A very nice lounge.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA
Went through that lounge a week ago for the first time and was very impressed. It wasn't crowded, there were the monitors showing the boarding times, food was fresh and the fridges had full stock of my favorite beer: Pilsner Urquell.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
You can not count on your CSA issued BP's to state your Elite Plus status (however they will have your DL SM number). Thus I recommend you bring your PM card.
I wouldn't expect CSA to recognize my Delta status, and wouldn't expect their BPs to have my status printed. But, my hope here is that since Delta will be printing BPs, that that would make a difference - Delta obviously knows my status and my first flight is Delta. Well, I guess we'll see what happens with other two in the itinerary (on my way back, I am 100% sure I won't have the status printed).

Anyway, I think I mentioned before, the reason I'm even thinking about whether the status will be printed or not is that I just turned Platinum and I doubt (ahem, I know) that the card won't be in the mail in time.

Other than that, good to hear nice things about the lounge, I'll let you know if I actually make it in. Worst case scenario, maybe Gold card will do
Old Jul 19, 2005, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the unlikely event they don't let you in, you can purchase access for €25 per person.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Now there's a really valuable piece of information - depending on how tired I am, that just might be worth it! Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA
On my recent trip through PRG OK recognized my DL GM status on the boarding passes just fine.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

I guess it would be also appropriate to post the link to CSA web page about this lounge, for any future reference:
http://www.csa.cz/en/czechia/cz_cest...sinessclub.htm

and photo page for the lounge:
http://www.csa.cz/en/czechia/cz_cest...to_crystal.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.