Wiki Posts
Search

Paris lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2005, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Paris lounge access

As a QP and Silver QFF member on a BA flight should I have access to the BA/Air France lounge in Paris or not? They told me as it was a joint lounge my QP card wasn't valid? if I was Gold would that make a difference?
Old Jul 2, 2005, 4:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kurgan
As a QP and Silver QFF member on a BA flight should I have access to the BA/Air France lounge in Paris or not? They told me as it was a joint lounge my QP card wasn't valid? if I was Gold would that make a difference?
The lounge at CDG is , iirc, a 3rd party operated lounge so there is no right of access as a QP/Gold/Platinum member

Dave
Old Jul 2, 2005, 9:49 am

I believe this QF announcement covers part of the issue:

"Paris lounge update

From 31 October 2004, we will replace our current service to Paris with a codeshare service operated by Air France via Singapore. From that date, Qantas customers can access the Air France lounge in Paris, when travelling on the codeshare service in Business or First only. Qantas Club members travelling on this new service will not have access to the American Airlines® Admirals Club."

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/qantasClub/qcNews

There is a further issue which has been covered here previously where access is severly restricted.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 11:17 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
BA uses a 3rd party lounge at CDG for its J pax. It is not a BA lounge or a Oneworld lounge, thus access is strictly by invitation by BA and whomever they choose to invite. This changes periodically but at the moment it excludes any status (including BA Gold). You can use other Oneworld lounges at CDG if you can reach them (AA is the only one now). There are a few airports where BA has this "not our lounge" type of lounge, unfortunately CDG is a prominent problem because of it (actually the real problem is the poor lounge situation for everyone, even the AF lounges are poor). BA has been cutting back on several of their European city lounges, so expect this to get worse rather than better.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 12:46 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Cdg

There are some reports of BA Golds getting into the lounge at CDG. What really stinks is the QF codeshare on BA metal aspect for the remaining flights that are codeshared.

I contacted the official BA lurker on the BAEC board and they do not seem to maintain a common list of lounges and access! Well if they don't, who does?

The ba.con website is not much use in this respect.

I was denied access in Accra, Ghana, as this was a third party lounge which was available to "First class passengers and President's club passengers only". Strange as BA does not sell F on that route, and doesn't have a President's club. (BA does carry F on some of the yet to be converted 767s but does not sell it and it will be fully JWY configured shortly).
Old Jul 2, 2005, 6:56 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
See previous discussion of this here...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=paris+lounge

And if you go here http://www.britishairways.com/travel...urn&sec=atairp, and then click on where it says 250 lounges worldwide, and you will see that there are a FEW BA lounges that QF/OW Sap./Em. can't access. (Where it says for e.g., '(access for Exec Club Gold & Silver members only)' by a lounge). Guess what though... it DOESN'T say there that you can't use the CDG one as a QF/OW Sap./Em. !!!

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Jul 2, 2005 at 7:00 pm
Old Jul 2, 2005, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Guess what though... it DOESN'T say there that you can't use the CDG one as a QF/OW Sap./Em. !!!
That page is a BA page to show benefits available to BA EC members and for BA premium class passengers. The lounges indicating Gold/Silver are , I believe, lounges where access via class of travel is not provided. CDG is a 3rd party lounge and BA allows access to its members/premium passengers based on its criteria. It does not claim to be a list of lounges available to OW Sapphire/Emerald members

Dave
Old Jul 4, 2005, 8:27 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
You are not missing much. Its a poor excuse for a BA lounge. Only warm beer in 250ml cans (never seen such small beer cans before), no food except potato chips, and poor selection of other drinks. We left the lounge to go find some cold beer at the bar downstairs! We were permitted access by virtue of travelling in BA Club Europe.

Sometime when I have more time I'll tell the story of that 40 min flight that took us 11 hours door to door! Suffice to say that BA at CDG is not my idea of a good customer service experience.
Old May 24, 2006, 1:36 am

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
Nothing has changed

Flying CBD-LHR on BA codeshre was told by the BA checkin chick I could use the AF lounge but they denied me access tried to send me to Terminal 1. Had a cold beer at the bar down stairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.