AF at LAX : T2

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2005, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
AF to move to T2 at LAX?

In this wonderful trip report http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437754 an AF FA reports that AF will move in June to T2 at LAX to join KLM. I don't think this will be very good for us at all. T5 has a huge DL lounge and plenty of space. T2 is relatively tight and only has a small NW lounge. How are all the AF, KL and NW pax going to fit in that tiny lounge? Or are the building a bigger Skyteam lounge?
Old May 31, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Lounge access will be a mess. Immigration however might be really much easier.
Old May 31, 2005, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Does anyone know when the move will take place? AF website still showing departures out of T5 on June 1. I'm flying mid-June.
Old May 31, 2005, 3:18 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
The referenced thread says June 8.
Old May 31, 2005, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rcs85551
Lounge access will be a mess. Immigration however might be really much easier.
Why do you say that? T5 immigration is never busy that I've seen. Whereas T2 has lots of international flights. I know the INSPass still works at T5 (at least as of a couple of months ago it still worked), but I haven't flown into T2 in many years so I don't know if they have one there.
Old May 31, 2005, 10:41 pm

Programs: AFFB Silver, BAEC Silver
Ia Orana All !!!

As I said on the trip report thread, AF will be moving to T2 from june 8th. Last day in T5 is on june 7th.
We will be assisted by swissport and operations will remain with Air France obviously. Lounge access will be as follow. Business Class will be going to NWA lounge and First Class will use Air New Zealand lounge.
Concerning INSpass, like most terminals now, T5's machines don't work any longer.
As employees, we are looking forward to move to T2 as we will be back using Air France's computer system rather than Delta matic which was horrible for our ops guys and for us crew too as the pax list was not as extensive as the the AF one.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
What time is the AF flights? NZ lounge is pretty crowded as it is, but most flights leave within a relatively short period.

At the time NZ flights arrive, T2 immigration is always horrible with big queues, as is security for departures.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:05 pm

Many Thanks,
manureva744 You have given us a wonderful trip report and useful information re: the gate change at LAX. I am pleased to hear that this change will be good for you. I look forward to seeing you on board AF. Wish you were flying 65 J class. I would love to talk to you. Again, thanks for your contributions to FT.
O2K
Old May 31, 2005, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
What time is the AF flights? NZ lounge is pretty crowded as it is, but most flights leave within a relatively short period.

At the time NZ flights arrive, T2 immigration is always horrible with big queues, as is security for departures.
IIRC, Kiwi Flyer The AF flts are at 3:30PM, 6:30PM and 9:30PM (approximately). I'm not looking at the skeds, just what I remember. These are the deparature times out of LAX. The arrival times , I believe are mid-late afternoon. This may mess up the NZ lounge but it will definitely free up some space in the Dl CRC. All AF J and F pax were in there and it was really a mess; standing room only. Felt badly for those whom had actually paid for CRC membership and looked forward to a peaceful ambiance .
Old May 31, 2005, 11:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Hmmmm - thats busy period at NZ lounge with all NZ flights leaving late afternoon through the evening.

Most times I have been there every last seat is taken (indeed *G travelling on NZ often get directed to NW lounge as NZ too full). Fortunately lounge is being extended.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:33 pm

My understanding is that only the FC pax will use the NZ lounge. There are so few AF FC pax, that I don't think it should make a major impact. NW lounge will definitely feel the impact of the additional J pax descending upon their lounge.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:36 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Good point. Somewhat selfishly I am more concerned with the effect on immigration and security queues than lounge crowding. Already it can take 2 hours to get from a/c to lounge
Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by obscure2k
NW lounge will definitely feel the impact of the additional J pax descending upon their lounge.
Not to mention the FB Plats and Golds flying Y ...
Old Jun 1, 2005, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And, don't forget all Amex Centurion and Plat members flying NW. There is no way we can all fit in that tiny lounge. I'll wager that AF denies lounge access to FB Plat/Gold members flying Economy. Even then it will be standing room only.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by manureva744
As employees, we are looking forward to move to T2 as we will be back using Air France's computer system rather than Delta matic which was horrible for our ops guys and for us crew too as the pax list was not as extensive as the the AF one.
I hope this works out well. I know I hate it when DL staff prints out the boarding pass, it doesn't have my Rouge status listed, and they say they can't do anything about it. I have never been upgraded when leaving LAX and I think this is the reason why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.