Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/A benefits on Award stays

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 9:12 am
Original Poster

R/A benefits on Award stays

I sent an e-mail to Ambassador asking if the RA benifits apply to Award stays. Here is my reply:

Please be informed that you will enjoy the Royal Ambassador benefits for a
regular paying rate reservation and not for a Reward Night Reservation. Each
time that you make a reservation online, kindly indicate your membership
number and the hotel will be notified regarding the room upgrade. Your room
upgrade to an executive room or suite will be provided at check-in.
So, my question now to the FT community - have you ever been denied RA benefits on an Award stay? Seems that I have seen several posts indicating that the FT'er did receive bennies on an Award stay, but wanted to see what other folks have received, and if anyone was denied bennies.
Old May 17, 2005, 10:15 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
This is contrary to what I have recevied in email response from almost every property asking the same question. In essense, the responses were: RA benefits are not tied to the rate paid, instead, RA benefits are provided based on the Royal Ambassador status itself.

If you let me know which property you have in mind, I could post the email from the hotel stating their RA policy on Award stays. I have information from most of the properties in Asia, Australia/Oceania and Europe. No response were received from IC Bangkok and le Grand IC, and I have yet to ask IC Berchtesgaden.

Please visit SeatExpert.com International Airline seatmaps
Old May 17, 2005, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks, JET2K!!! I have an Award reservation at IC Prague in a couple of weeks. Would be interested in seeing what they said.
Old May 17, 2005, 5:36 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Chuckles, I am sorry that it seems there are a few more properties that have not replied to me, and unfortunately IC Prague is one of them.

I have fired off another email to them (since they did not response to my first email from about a month ago), and will post the reply as soon as I receive it.
Old May 17, 2005, 8:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
avard nights = Free nights ? you are wrong

That would be crazy : points your earn during a stay are somewhere included
in the "deal" you have with the brand on the moment you book an pay your stay. So don't say awards nights are non-payed stays : they are payed with points.
And don't think there is no money which comes to the hotel Every time an hotel gives points THEY PAY FOR to contribute to some regulation mecanism. So DON'T THINK AWARD NIGHTS are free : not for you, not for the hotel of your choice. Avoid Hotels where you don"t get any answer.
Old May 19, 2005, 10:43 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Question What about PLTs on awards?

I know this is an R/A forum but I thought this might fit in well here as well; Mod if not I wasn't quite sure where to put it and couldn't find it via searching.

So, my question is similar to that here: Do PLT (and PLTs only, no Amb) members get their benefits while on award stays? Now I know it's not the same as the RA benefits but I'm mainly asking about the comp UPGDs for PLTs. Do we get them on award stays? Also, do PLTs (again only PLTs) get upgrades at ICs?
Old May 20, 2005, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Jet2K

If you let me know which property you have in mind, I could post the email from the hotel stating their RA policy on Award stays. I have information from most of the properties in Asia, Australia/Oceania and Europe.
Did you contact and receive a reply from IC Marine Drive, Mumbai? Thanks in advance!
Old May 20, 2005, 6:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
"Do we get them on award stays? Also, do PLTs (again only PLTs) get upgrades at ICs?"

Occasionally would be the answer but that is not required under the T&Cs. Ambassador/Royal Ambassador is linked to IC named properties (ie Intercontinental name hotels) while Platinum is linked to all the rest (e.g. Holiday Inn). Some Intercontinental hotels seem to give the Holiday Inn status (ie Platinum) some value/credibility but many/most don't.

Terms and Conditions:

"Hotel Room Upgrades for Platinum Members: Platinum level members will be offered a complimentary upgrade to the hotel's Concierge or Club Level (for Crowne Plaza) or to the hotel's Executive Level or Executive Edition Level (for Holiday Inn brands), or to the best available room, as determined by the hotel, which might include rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, or rooms with preferred views. The upgrade will be offered at time of check-in, based on availability, and will only apply to the member's personal guest room. The hotel is not required to upgrade members to suites or specialty rooms. Upgrade benefit will not apply to rooms booked as a Reward Night reservation."

The T&Cs are mute on this benefit for Ambassador/Royal Ambassador so we presume that A/RA benefits apply, even on reward stays but without explicit wording, YMMV.
Old May 20, 2005, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I really think this varies by property, and their interpretation. I have had a couple of stays as a Plat PC at HIs in Europe and received upgraded Exec Floor room and various vouchers for free drinks, etc. even though I was not entitled to this under the T&Cs. And as some have found, one can actually book suites at ICs on awards, though I have no first hand experience of using an award at an IC and getting such benefits. My rule here is "don't expect them" but figure the gods are smiling on you if you get them...
Old May 20, 2005, 8:05 pm

Still have not heard from IC Prague after my second email in a month. Not very impressed with them at all. I will try to see if Ambassador Services can get them to answer.
Old May 21, 2005, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any comments on this topic re: IC SYD?
Old May 21, 2005, 9:53 pm

Doppy, in addition to the following information below from Jordan Rodgers, General Manager of Sydney IC. He also indicated that:

I can confirm that the Ambassador/Royal Ambassador upgrades and
complimentary minibar benefits are offered when our Ambassadors stay on
vouchers/award stays.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Kind regards
Jordan Rodgers
----------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Jet2K,

RE: Guest Comments

Thankyou for your e-mail and interest in InterContinental Sydney.

I am pleased to respond to your questions as follows:

1. Upgrade policy for Ambassadors: Ambassadors are offered an upgrade to the next available room category at the time of reservation.

2. Upgrade policy for Royal Ambassadors: Royal Ambassadors are granted an upgrade to an executive (or higher level) suite at the time of reservation.

3. Minibar policy for Royal Ambassadors: Royal Ambassadors are entitled to complimentary beverages (including hard liquor) from the mini-bar.

4. Differences between Club floors and standard floors: Club floors are located on higher levels of the hotel, therefore offering superior views, a nightly turndown service, upgraded amenities plus a welcome gift on arrival. InterContinental Sydney Ambassadors also receive a complimentary welcome gift on arrival.

5. Standard supplement for Club InterContinental accommodation: A supplement of AUD80.00 single and AUD120.00 per day applies for those reserving Club floor rooms with access to the facilities of the Club InterContinental Lounge.

6. Images of floor plan for standard floors: as attached. All levels of the hotel have both standard rooms as well as suites, accordingly I have attached a floor plan for level 29 (a Club InterContinental floor).

7. Link to the hotel’s home page: www.sydney.intercontinental.com

8. Special membership plan: InterContinental Sydney does not offer any plans exclusive to the property, but certainly endorses the loyalty programmes applicable to all InterContinental Hotels & Resorts.

Mr Jet2K I should also mention, that for Royal Ambassadors, we able to negotiate a special rate based on a minimum number of visits per annum. I would be delighted to meet with you on arrival to the hotel to discuss a future relationship. In the meantime I can recommend accessing the following website, www.ichotelsgroup.com and following the link to the Ambassadors programme.

I trust this information is of assistance in your decision planning, however should you require anything further please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Kind regards,

Jordan Rodgers,
General Manager.

Please visit SeatExpert.com International Airline seatmaps
Old May 22, 2005, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Jet2K.
Old May 22, 2005, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

IC Prague

After a couple of e-mails to IC Prague, and a follow-up to Ambassador, I finally received a response concerning RA benefits on Award stays. Here is the response:

Dear Mr. Chuckles,

Thank you for contacting us. Let me inform you about the benefit that
you will receive like a Roayal Ambassador member.

- Guaranteed room upgrade
- Upgrade to the Club Lounge, open from 6:30 - 22:30. Full breakfast,
light refreshments and drinks are served during all day.
- Use of our fitness centre (equipped with gym, sauna and swimming
pool).
- late Check Out until 4 pm
- VIP treatment in the room

If you need any more assistance, I will be more than pleased to assist
you.

Looking forward to meeting you in Prague!

With Kind Regards,

xxx xxxxxxxxxxx
Guest Relation
Old May 25, 2005, 7:18 pm

I finally heard back from IC Prague

--------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Jet2K,

Just a quick note to confirm you that all the Royal Ambassador benefits are also provided on the award nights.

If you need any more assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards

E.. C..
Guest Relation

<[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Mr. Jet2K,

1. upgrade policy for Ambassadors - superior room,

2. upgrade policy for Royal Ambas.- suite or executive room,

3. minibar for Royal Ambas. - every single item in it is for free !!! ( and that is a pretty wide selection of drinks, liquors etc.)

4. Executive floor = Club InterContinental floor. We have 2 of them. 7th fl. non-smoking, 8th floor is smoking. The Club Lounge is located on the 8th floor. On our executive floors guests can find standard executive rooms ( both king bedded and twin-bedded), executive suites (with king beds in them).

5. Supplement for Club InterContinental access?
Single is 65.00 Eur / day, double is 85.00 Eur / day. That is valid for every guest, including Ambassadors. ONLY Royal Ambassadors are granted free access!!!

The special benefits of Prague InterCont are as follows:
A. free parking in our garage during the stay (the hotel has a prime location, this benefit really counts),
B. golf simulator one-hour free game.

In general we always do our best to make sure that all our Ambassadors / Royal Ambassadors feel like at home here.

I you have any additinal questions, do not hesitate to contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in Prague soon.

Best regards,
Guest Relations Supervisor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.