Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 18, 2005, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Diamond; AA- PLT, 2MM; HH - Diamond

For those of you who have or may be considering a Hilton AmEx card, you might want to take advantage of a new promotion and save some points:

An Exclusive Hotel Reward
Only Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Cardmembers can receive four nights at any Category 5 or Category 6 Hilton Family hotel worldwide for only 125,000 HHonors points. To redeem this reward, please call 1-800-920-5649 and request Reward Code AXON.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Interesting promo but does come out higher than GLON or GLON2 for per night points.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MorganB
Interesting promo but does come out higher than GLON or GLON2 for per night points.
That might be true if you need to stay 6 nights and I have been known to redeem a GLON for 5 nights only becuase it was less points.
Plus not all of us WANTS to stay 6 days in any one resort.

But a regular 4 night stay at a cat 5 or 6 is 140k and 160k respectively so that is a significant savings and one I am more likely to use.

mike
Old Apr 18, 2005, 6:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

Agreed that is a great find. I'm much more likely to spend 4 nights than 6 in one hotel.

Nice find, mabelin, and a great way to introduce yourself with just your 3rd post on FT. Welcome, and stick around!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 8:43 pm

Where did you learn about this AXON code? It is the first time I have ever heard about it! I have checked hhonors.com and americanexpress.com and find nothing! What am I missing?

Larry
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ljnash1
What am I missing?

Larry
You're missing nothing, Larry--you learned about it! And, if we had read it at hhonors or amex, then we wouldn't need to be here
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:19 am

Programs: MP
Is it only for HH AmEx cardholders? Is there a reference to AXON promotion on HH or AmEx website?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Diamond; AA- PLT, 2MM; HH - Diamond
Here is the Link

When you log on to the hhonors site there is a scrolling message box on the upper right. One of the messages for me was this:

Your Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card from American Express has been upgraded! New benefits, new ways to earn even more HHonors bonus points, all still for no annual fee. Click here to learn more about what we've added to your Card.

The link takes you to:

http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/process...px?lp=amexcard

Don't beat yourself up for not seeing it before. It was just announced on 4/15 and you have to click on the ambiguous message above to see the promotion.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 9:23 pm

Darn, just stay 4 nights at W=A at 160K.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 9:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by maberlin
For those of you who have or may be considering a Hilton AmEx card, you might want to take advantage of a new promotion and save some points:

Only Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Cardmembers can receive four nights at any Category 5 or Category 6 Hilton Family hotel worldwide for only 125,000 HHonors points. To redeem this reward, please call 1-800-920-5649 and request Reward Code AXON.

This was a truly exceptional find. Thanks very much for posting and Welcome to FT!! ^ ^
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:15 pm

Great find, maberlin! ^

Let me join others and welcome you to FT!
Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:25 am

I would like to say thanks for posting this--I just saved 20k points!!!

I had 2 rooms at the HHV booked with ALONs for this June, but I was only going to stay 5 nights. I switched to AXON, with a one night reward tacked on to the end, total 165 K for each room instead of the 175K.
Many thanks for posting this! ^
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
This new reward is in addition to other enhancements to the benefits of having the HHonors Amex card, described on the same webpage cited, and previously announced on other threads in this forum, such as:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407567

Interesting that the pre-announcement did not include mention of the AXON deal, apparently!

It's nice to see benefits being enhanced rather than cut!!! ^
Old May 13, 2005, 5:49 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
More good things from Hilton AMEX

I have seen the 5 points for almost everything and 500 bonus points. I have not seen anything mentioned about this new reward bonus. I just received this in my Amex email.
Only Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Cardmembers can receive four
nights at any Category 5 or Category 6 Hilton Family hotel worldwide
for only 125,000 HHonors points. To redeem HHonors points for this
reward, please call 1-800-920-5649 and request Reward code AXON
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:47 am

Does anybody know if there is a special AXON rate for 5 nights? Right now I have reserved an AXON at the HHV and then a one night C601 right after that. So I'm spending 165K points for the 5 nights.

Also, since I don't really want to check out after 4 nights and then check back in, should I tell them about my C601 reservation right away when I check in for the AXON? Or should I hold off until the night before the AXON stay ends?

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.