Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Duplicate(?) rooms when redeeming - which to choose?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,

So I'm getting set to book an award room for the first time (for Jazzfest 2006 - love that No Blackout policy). I'm looking at the W New Orleans and the Sheraton New Orleans, 5/3-8/06.

When I get to the page that lists available rooms for each hotel, in both cases, I see what looks like duplicate entries. For example, the Sheraton shows:

Beds Maximum Occupancy Room Features Smoking Preference

1 KING 2 SPG AWARD ROOM NON-SMOKE

2 DOUBLE BEDS 4 SPG AWARD ROOM NON-SMOKE

1 KING 2 SPG AWARD ROOM SMOKING

1 KING 2 SPG AWARD ROOM SMOKING
The 3 that are in blue seem to be identical. But looking at the web page source code, I can see that they are not...
onClick="return redirect('1 KING','2','SPG AWARD ROOM','NON-SMOKE', 'C')
onClick="return redirect('1 KING','2','SPG AWARD ROOM','NON-SMOKE', 'O')
onClick="return redirect('1 KING','2','SPG AWARD ROOM','NON-SMOKE', 'H')
Does anyone know what these codes mean (C / O / H)? Will one get me a better room than another?

Also... Are there any rules against using two "Fifth Night Free" awards back to back, for a 10 night trip? If I get enough points in my account before they sell out, I plan to book 5 more nights.

Anything else I should know before booking?

Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
I've seen this with award bookings....Shows both normal and handicapped-accessible rooms but doesnt indicate which is which until after you book.

I of course always accidentally book the handicapped room on-line, then I have to call SPG to change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.