Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Westin Resort & Spa, Mont Tremblant, Quebec [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Westin Resort & Spa, Mont Tremblant, Quebec [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Westin Mont Tremblant - Top International Chain Hotel in the Village

Le Westin Resort & Spa

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Le Westin Resort & Spa

100 Chemin Kandahar Mont-tremblant QC, Canada CA J8E 1E2

Westin Mont Tremblant - Top International Chain Hotel in the Village (6 Photos)

Le Westin Resort & Spa

I have stayed at Westin Mont Tremblant a few times in the past and thought I would refresh this thread with a recent review.  It is my go-to hotel in Tremblant.  While I normally compare the rates with Fairmont, Homewood Suites, and Residence Inn before booking, unless Westin is unusually expensive for my dates, then that’s where I go.  Some front desk staff work at both Westin and Residence Inn and I was told the Westin is built to a higher standard.  I have not seen it for myself, but I trust that this is true.  I have been to Fairmont before, but the Platinum benefits are slim over there.  For example, last year I went in the dead season in the spring, on a couple of week days to boot, and got no upgrade at all despite very low occupancy.  They gave me one of their better entry level rooms at the end of a corridor, but it was not an upgrade.  At Westin this year, similar time of year I booked the entry level room and got upgraded to the 2-bedroom suite which is the best room they have.  The hotel got a lot of last minute bookings last weekend because the ski season was extended at the last minute to include the weekend of April 21-22 because the weather in April had been colder than usual.  I paid $169 per night for a great ski weekend with sunny 10C weather which was an excellent deal. 

Room

The rooms at Westin Tremblant are quite nice and I believe they all have a kitchen and a fireplace in the living room, including the entry level rooms.  My 2-bedroom suite in the pictures below also had a second fireplace in the main bedroom, along with a Jacuzzi.  The ensuite bathroom had a shower and no bathtub.  The second full bathroom has a bathtub but no separate shower.  Also, that second bathroom has two doors: one leading to the hallway and another door leading to the second bedroom which is smaller in size as the main bedroom; the second bedroom has 2 double beds unlike the main bedroom which has one king bed.  The living room feels very roomy because of the cathedral ceiling and it also has a sofa bed, so combined with the king bed in the main bedroom, you can sleep 8 people in that room; you can even book it as such on spg.com which I imagine would be very convenient for some people.  The 2-bedroom suites do not all have the same layout in the hotel.  A few months ago I got another one a couple of floors lower which from memory was a bit smaller but had a larger balcony.  My room this time around did not have much of a balcony – you can stand there but there is not enough room to sit and relax.  The kitchen is convenient with microwave, oven, fridge, and lots of pots and pans for those who want to cook.  There is a small grocery store a few minutes walk from the hotel.  There is a dining area with a table that can sit 6 people.  If you want to book this room straight up, the price is usually quite reasonable at about double the price of the base room and you get more than double the space.

1524439035086.jpg1524439040436.jpg1524439043479.jpg1524439046003.jpg1524439048322.jpg1524439050873.jpg

The location of the hotel is great – you can walk to the ski slopes and there are several restaurants, pubs, and shops right around the hotel.  It is very close to the Homewood Suites and Fairmont, which are in equally convenient spots.  The Residence Inn and Holiday Inn are a bit further down the hill; however Tremblant is compact so “further down” means only a couple minute walk.  You can park in the underground garage or alternatively drop off your suitcases at reception and drive down the hill to a free public parking.  It is less than 10 minute walk to the hotel from there.

Amenities

The hotel has a small pool and also a hot tub which is open 12 months per year, which can be an interesting option for some in the winter.  There is also a small gym but I never went there before – I just walked by. 

Dining

Breakfast is an issue that some Platinum members have commented about in the past in this thread.  They limit to 2 per room, and it’s continental only.  If you want to upgrade to warm food then it’s $9 extra.  And if you stay more than 2 in the room, it is still limited to 2 free breakfasts per room so you pay extra for other people, for example it’s $12 for children 5 years old or more.  On occasion in the past when I booked two rooms, they gave me free breakfast for 2x2 people, but sometimes they stick to 2 only because I am the only Platinum member booking the rooms.  They explained to me before that they are restricted in what they can do with offering breakfast because this hotel (along with many others in Tremblant) does not have a single owner; it is actually a bunch of rooms owned by private individuals who have a contract with Westin as the operator to rent out their room.  The terms of the contract are such that the owner of the room is charged for the Platinum breakfast (+1 guest) so if Westin expands the breakfast to more guests (or free breakfast to the 2nd room booked by one Plat) then it’s essentially the owner of the room who gets ‘cheated’. 

Overall

Overall Westin Tremblant is similar to Westin Whistler in a number of ways.  I would say perhaps a notch less luxurious but still excellent hotel, and most rooms are larger in Tremblant.  Looking at the floor plan they have a limited number of very small rooms but as a Plat I would guess you are unlikely to get those even if you are not upgraded from the ‘traditional room’.  On spg.com I see the traditional rooms range from 31 to 45 sq meters so a Plat guest probably won’t get the smaller version.  In Whistler, some suites are as small as 45 sq meters so despite a several category upgrade in Whistler you might have less space than not getting an upgrade at all in Tremblant.  I will continue to return to Westin Tremblant without shopping around much in my future visits – the Westin is of a better standard than Residence Inn, Holiday Inn, or Homewood Suites, and upgrades are generous for Plat unlike the Fairmont.

Westin Mont Tremblant - Top International Chain Hotel in the Village

Would you like to write a review on the Le Westin Resort & Spa?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:02 am

I am trying to using SNA for my reservation... it seems that this hotel doesn't allow SNA?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
I just came back from a single night stay over the last weekend. Had booked using my credit card certificate from my ritz carlton credit card. Got the same room I had booked - the traditional queen room with fireplace on the 5th floor. Was super tired after a long drive so didnt bother to ask for an upgrade.

Was in town for snow-mobiling, asked for late checkout and only granted till 12 as they claimed the resort was full. Packed my bags and kept them at FD as I was not sure I would be back by then. Would have been nice to have the room available for a shower after the tour.

Breakfast only included cold items - my wife wanted oatmeal but was told its CAD $7 extra but had to cancel as it was not ready and we were running late. First the attendant told me omelette is included but later told me its not - may be language barrier.

Really liked the town but the platinum treatment was not exactly spectacular.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Ksw299
I just came back from a single night stay over the last weekend.

Breakfast only included cold items - my wife wanted oatmeal but was told its CAD $7 extra but had to cancel as it was not ready and we were running late. First the attendant told me omelette is included but later told me its not - may be language barrier.

Really liked the town but the platinum treatment was not exactly spectacular.
Weekends during the winter are quite busy in Mont Tremblant, let alone if you were there immediately before Christmas. I would not have expected a room upgrade during that time of the year, but for sure they are generous with Platinum upgrades when rooms are available, at least they always are for me. The small breakfast surcharge is irritating but in the grand scheme of things it's small change relative to the total price tag (when paying cash) and I would rather pay that extra at Westin rather than the completely free breakfast at Homewood Suites Mont Tremblant which is complete chaos.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by escape4
Weekends during the winter are quite busy in Mont Tremblant, let alone if you were there immediately before Christmas. I would not have expected a room upgrade during that time of the year, but for sure they are generous with Platinum upgrades when rooms are available, at least they always are for me. The small breakfast surcharge is irritating but in the grand scheme of things it's small change relative to the total price tag (when paying cash) and I would rather pay that extra at Westin rather than the completely free breakfast at Homewood Suites Mont Tremblant which is complete chaos.
When I checked in they did have suites available for sale, I get that this is a very busy time of the year which was evident the next day when I saw so many people on the ski mountain. Breakfast surcharge for an oatmeal is irritating because my wife likes to eat healthy and she only had fruits for breakfast as there were literally no healthy vegetarian options. The resort is very nice - really liked the back door to get to the town without having to circle around.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy
Looking to book a stay here for March 22-25, 2022.

Had booked the CAA rate two days ago, which I thought would require a CC to be put on file to hold the reservation and then be charged once I stay there. This rate allows me to cancel up to 3 days prior to arrival However I noticed that they charged me the full amount today.

Looking at the member prepaid rate (which is cheaper), I would be charged the amount for the stay but still be able to cancel (and receive a full refund) up to 3 days prior, as described:
  • Commissionable Rate
  • A credit card is required for payment to guarantee the Member
  • Prepay Refundable rate.
  • Prepay rates will be charged the full cost of the reservation
  • within 24 hours of making the reservation.
  • If payment is unsuccessful within 48 hours of making the
  • reservation, the hotel reserves the right to cancel the
  • reservation.
  • Date changes to the reservation are allowed through 11:59PM
  • local hotel time, 3 days before arrival. Date changes may
  • result in a change to the overall cost of the reservation.
  • A change resulting in a lower cost will result in the guest
  • receiving a refund or credit towards incidentals upon check-in.
  • A change resulting in a higher cost will receive an additional
  • prepayment charge for the difference from original prepayment
  • amount.
  • Cancellation will result in a refund if made before 11:59PM
  • local hotel time, 3 days before arrival.
  • Cancellation after 11:59PM 3 days before arrival will forfeit
  • the entire prepayment.
  • The credit card used at the time of making the reservation must
  • be valid for the entire stay.

As I can still get a full refund when booking using the prepaid rate, any reason then why I would not book using the prepaid rate, if the so-called regular rate or CAA rate still charges me upfront?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by peacefrogdog
Looking to book a stay here for March 22-25, 2022.

Had booked the CAA rate two days ago, which I thought would require a CC to be put on file to hold the reservation and then be charged once I stay there. This rate allows me to cancel up to 3 days prior to arrival However I noticed that they charged me the full amount today.

Looking at the member prepaid rate (which is cheaper), I would be charged the amount for the stay but still be able to cancel (and receive a full refund) up to 3 days prior, as described:
  • Commissionable Rate
  • A credit card is required for payment to guarantee the Member
  • Prepay Refundable rate.
  • Prepay rates will be charged the full cost of the reservation
  • within 24 hours of making the reservation.
  • If payment is unsuccessful within 48 hours of making the
  • reservation, the hotel reserves the right to cancel the
  • reservation.
  • Date changes to the reservation are allowed through 11:59PM
  • local hotel time, 3 days before arrival. Date changes may
  • result in a change to the overall cost of the reservation.
  • A change resulting in a lower cost will result in the guest
  • receiving a refund or credit towards incidentals upon check-in.
  • A change resulting in a higher cost will receive an additional
  • prepayment charge for the difference from original prepayment
  • amount.
  • Cancellation will result in a refund if made before 11:59PM
  • local hotel time, 3 days before arrival.
  • Cancellation after 11:59PM 3 days before arrival will forfeit
  • the entire prepayment.
  • The credit card used at the time of making the reservation must
  • be valid for the entire stay.

As I can still get a full refund when booking using the prepaid rate, any reason then why I would not book using the prepaid rate, if the so-called regular rate or CAA rate still charges me upfront?
my experience with those prepaid refundable rates are that they will charge up upfront, and if u cancel by the deadline, u will need to call the hotel for refund.

not at this hotel: last time I cancel by the deadline with these rates, I call the hotel and the front desk couldn’t find my reservation somehow. Eventually I need to create a case with HQ and the hotel then refunds my prepayment. I would avoid those rates if u are not sure about your plan. It just took too much work to get a refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.