Passengers transferring within Terminal 1 and between Terminals 1 and 4 (in
both directions) will use the Fast Track service at the Flight Connections
Centre. This is open from 6am to 6pm.

Note: Fast Track transfers from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3 are not
available.

Who can use the service?

Eligible passengers must be travelling with either an inbound or outbound
sector in one of the following:

British Airways Premium cabin (FIRST/Club World/Club Europe)
British Airways Codeshare Premium cabin (must have a BA flight
number)
Qantas, GB Airways and British Mediterranean First or Business class

Note: Executive Club members are eligible if they are travelling in a
Premium cabin.

Yours sincerely,
Old Mar 7, 2005, 4:50 pm

Programs: British Airways, Cathay Pacific
This is a real enhancement!! ^ ^ Very good news, well done BA! (As long as it doesn't end up like T4 "Fast"Track which is often just as slow as the normal security checkpoint.)

Last edited by flyermanES; Mar 7, 2005 at 4:58 pm
Old Mar 7, 2005, 5:10 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by BA Loyal
Eligible passengers must be travelling with either an inbound or outbound
sector in one of the following:

British Airways Premium cabin (FIRST/Club World/Club Europe)
British Airways Codeshare Premium cabin (must have a BA flight
number)
Qantas, GB Airways and British Mediterranean First or Business class

Note: Executive Club members are eligible if they are travelling in a
Premium cabin.

Yours sincerely,
Does this mean that elites in the back will not be permitted to use the new fast track channels? This certainly is welcome, especially at T1 during busy times.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
Does this mean that elites in the back will not be permitted to use the new fast track channels? This certainly is welcome, especially at T1 during busy times.
It reads to me that

(1) Any passenger in a premium cabin on any of BA, GB airways, British Mediterranean or QF can use the service.

(2) An Executive Club member travelling in a premium cabin on ANY airline can use the service.

I think that they probably meant to say was that Executive Club membership on its own provides no access

Dave
Old Mar 8, 2005, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Thumbs up

Great news for my trip in may ^ ^ ^

Old Mar 8, 2005, 1:41 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
At last, it's always a bit of an anti-climax disembarking from a flight in F / J only to find yourself behind 200 Japanese tourists, each of whom sets of the metal detector.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 2:49 am

Programs: BA, Virgin, HHonors, SPG.
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
to find yourself behind 200 Japanese tourists, each of whom sets of the metal detector.
So true, everytime I go through the flight connections centre I seem to hit just such a group They also always seem to have a problem figuring out that the trays are there to put jackets etc into.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 3:30 am
dnw

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
(2) An Executive Club member travelling in a premium cabin on ANY airline can use the service.
I suspect anyone travelling in a premium cabin on any airline will be able to use this service- its an airport (BAA) thing and not a BA thing. Basically all they are saying is that EC members have no benefit over anyone else!
Old Mar 8, 2005, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, VS Silver.
Sounds like good news, but the opening hours are a bit restrictive. I do a T1 to T1 Domestic every Friday, but will probably just miss the 6pm closing time.

A thought occured to me last Friday, usually the security queue at T1 Domestic is much shorter than the transfer security, so would it be possible to go landside on arrival and then just walk through to T1 Domestic departures? Would security allow this?

Edited: OMG post 100!
Old Mar 8, 2005, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rhys UK!
A thought occured to me last Friday, usually the security queue at T1 Domestic is much shorter than the transfer security, so would it be possible to go landside on arrival and then just walk through to T1 Domestic departures? Would security allow this?
I don't see why they wouldn't. Immigration obviously isn't an issue, and what if you just wanted to go out and get a breath of fresh air?
Old Mar 8, 2005, 6:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Rhys UK!
Sounds like good news, but the opening hours are a bit restrictive. I do a T1 to T1 Domestic every Friday, but will probably just miss the 6pm closing time.

Edited: OMG post 100!
I do it all the time (travelling as an American). At most they ask me how long. I say "in transit" but it's faster to transfer terminals often times than waiting in the long line at Flight Transfers. They stamp my passport and occassionally hand write-in IT on the corner of the stamp. When I have a boarding pass for my onward flight, I show it to them; when I don't, I show them a printout of my itinerary. It's never been an issue. And in any even, what are they going to do? Send you back to flight transfers?
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
And in any event, what are they going to do? Send you back to flight transfers?
Yes, clamping you in leg-irons in an orange jumpsuit isn't quite the British style.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:15 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Now that explains why the new-style uniforms are only being introduced "progressively"...
Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by The Saint
Yes, clamping you in leg-irons in an orange jumpsuit isn't quite the British style.
ROTFLOL ^^
Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold; AF/KL FB Gold; LX FTL; PC Plat/Amb; SPG Gold; HH Gold; Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
At last, it's always a bit of an anti-climax disembarking from a flight in F / J only to find yourself behind 200 Japanese tourists, each of whom sets of the metal detector.
On one occasion when I was in an interminable queue at the flight connections centre security check, we were filing slowly past one of the 2 or 3 unmanned x-ray machines, which had a sign on its conveyor belt saying "sorry machine out of use". An American behind me in the line exclaimed "if we're having to wait in line for an hour it's because this sorry machine's out of use!"

Well, I thought it was funny.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.