Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

WAS- NGO (Nagoya) $444 on UA, $474 on AA

Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold

Lots of dates in late March, April and May .

All fares are on Travelocity and weekend are a little bit higher.

4 Day minimum stay.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 9:18 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Be sure to check out hotel rates before you book a flight. World Expo 2005 starts March 25 and I've heard rooms can be tight and expensive.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
Looks like the fare is only available with UA codeshares on ANA.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nado
No, you just have to look for flights beginning March 26 as that is the date the new SFO-NGO UA flight commences.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:33 pm

Programs: Status? What's that? :)
For United, this is their Introducing Nagoya, Japan promotion, which as UnitedSkies pointed out, is part of their inaugural service from SFO-NGO (with the aircraft continuing on to TPE) beginning on March 26.

Plus, Mileage Plus members can earn double miles between the San Francisco - Nagoya route (valid only on flights 830/831; specifically San Francisco and Nagoya, Nagoya and Tapei, San Francisco - Nagoya - Taipei) ^

My wife and I will be onboard, from IAD-SFO-NGO-SFO-IAD, departing 3/30 and returning 4/6.

When we initially did the reservations, the fare was around $629.xx (total), then it went up to $650.xx, then dropped a few dollars, and by the time we finally ticketed it (we had some discount certs that we applied), the total was $659.17. Within a week, it dropped to $629.06 and this morning, it was $554.06. When I called United by late morning to reprice, it was $529.06!

Last edited by tayd; Mar 4, 2005 at 8:47 pm
Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Nice fare. On AA, DCA-DFW-ORD-NGO-ORD-DFW-DCA can be done for $556 all in -- 3.3 cents per q-mile.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by tayd
When we initially did the reservations, the fare was around $629.xx (total), then it went up to $650.xx, then dropped a few dollars, and by the time we finally ticketed it (we had some discount certs that we applied), the total was $659.17. Within a week, it dropped to $629.06 and this morning, it was $554.06. When I called United by late morning to reprice, it was $529.06!
Question on repricing:

When I booked ny ticket for SFO to NGO a couple of weeks ago, I got the T class sale fare of $520+. The T class fare has now dropped to $390+. However, there is longer any T fare class availability on my outbound flight. Will I still be able to reprice my original T-fare class ticket at the new, lower T fare?
Old Mar 5, 2005, 8:56 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Originally Posted by Nado
Where are you finding these? I am only getting the SFO-NGO flight come up on Orbitz, Travelocity and UAL.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 9:07 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
Be sure to check out hotel rates before you book a flight. World Expo 2005 starts March 25 and I've heard rooms can be tight and expensive.
wise advice Chapel Hill Guy, most majors were booked solid for most months of the expo, I did find a $140 something per night at a hotel in Nagoya through hotels.com but there was not much available.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 8:13 pm

Programs: Status? What's that? :)
Originally Posted by SF_trotter
Question on repricing:

When I booked ny ticket for SFO to NGO a couple of weeks ago, I got the T class sale fare of $520+. The T class fare has now dropped to $390+. However, there is longer any T fare class availability on my outbound flight. Will I still be able to reprice my original T-fare class ticket at the new, lower T fare?
My understanding of the repricing is that if the exact same itinerary (meaning same flight numbers and class availability) prices out lower than what you had originally paid, United will issue you a travel voucher of the difference, for future use. And you can do this as many times, if you call and finds out that the fare has dropped.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:08 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, if the Nagoya hotels are full, make it into a fun vacation trip. You can ride the Nozomi (fastest) bullet train from Nagoya to Kyoto in 37 minutes for Y5640 each way (about $54). Spend a few nights exploring the sights of Kyoto and forget the ripoff world's fair.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
OK, if the Nagoya hotels are full, make it into a fun vacation trip. You can ride the Nozomi (fastest) bullet train from Nagoya to Kyoto in 37 minutes for Y5640 each way (about $54). Spend a few nights exploring the sights of Kyoto and forget the ripoff world's fair.
Thanks for the info. Is there a way to reserve a seat in advance, or can you usually buy a walk up ticket? Also, do you know what the frequency is?

Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:37 pm

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
Whoops! I am heading up to Nagoya with some friends for the opening weekend of the World Expo and don't have a hotel booked yet! I highly recommend the Nozomi train, but I don't believe that the Nozomi is included in the Japan Rail Pass. The two other main shinkansens (blanking on their names!) are included and the time difference is only minutes from Nagoya to Kyoto.
HAVE FUN!
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, does anyone have an easy link to the rates and timetables of the train between nagoya and kyoto?
Old Mar 6, 2005, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Also, does anyone have an easy link to the rates and timetables of the train between nagoya and kyoto?
http://jr-central.co.jp/english.nsf/doc/shinkansen_info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.