Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PPS Club - jumping the 'credits' queue

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2005, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: M+M SEN, BA Gold; Skywards Gold; QF life time Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
PPS Club - jumping the 'credits' queue

I am disillusioned with Qantas after they put the mileage redemption limits up recently.

I want to change to SQ but do not want to have to wait before I make PPS Club status - as a Platinum QF holder for many years, any tips as to how I can get the highest status card stright away?

Checky I know, but sure these airlines want business travellers who fly more than 12 long hauls pa
Old Feb 8, 2005, 2:21 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
ukblue, the highest tier in SQ PPS Club is Life PPS, followed by Solitaire PPS, followed by Qualified/regular PPS. I doubt SQ will comp you to Solitaire, let alone Life.
Regular PPS is possible, in my opinion. Why not contact your local SQ office and explain your situation.

Just to make sure that you know already- only sectors flown in First or Raffles (business) class qualify for PPS Club (re)qualification.

Good luck.

Last edited by StarG; Feb 8, 2005 at 2:43 am
Old Feb 8, 2005, 3:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I agree that SQ might comp PPS if you can show copious travel in First or Business or both, but wouldn't expect it. Anyway, SQ treats passengers without status better than most airlines treat passengers with status, so I would switch anyway. It just doesn't take much flying to earn PPS -- at most 33,333 miles in First or 40,000 in Business -- possibly less if you qualify by sectors.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:32 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Of course those miles/sectors must be on SQ flights (or codeshares).
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:33 am
JPB

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M
I doubt that SQ will comp PPS as it is only available to those who fly SQ in F or C. However they might comp Krisflyer Gold which would give you a number of the PPS benefits until you qualify for PPS.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:38 am

Alternatively, try speaking to your local SQ sales office, especially if you control a travel budget in addition to your own. Sales offices usually have a lot of leeway in favours for potential high-revenue pax.

But of course, nothing is guaranteed... though if you don't ask, you don't get!
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M+M SEN, BA Gold; Skywards Gold; QF life time Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
Alternatively, try speaking to your local SQ sales office, especially if you control a travel budget in addition to your own. Sales offices usually have a lot of leeway in favours for potential high-revenue pax.

But of course, nothing is guaranteed... though if you don't ask, you don't get!

I did try; I did ask; and they very nicely turned me down.
So I have the entry level FF card and will need to do a lot to get it to the status I enjoy with Qantas.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:51 pm

ukblue: Do you usually fly F, C, or Y? Won't they even give you KrisFlyer Elite Silver or Gold?
If local SQ office turned you down, I would suggest trying again by sending e-mail through SQ website: writing a nice letter describing your travel pattern and your willingness to provide proofs may help.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:13 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
I've never heard of SQ comping PPS, though I assume there must be rare exceptions. Does anyone know of any actual examples?

In any case, ukblue, if you travel that much (I assume in F or C), it won't take you too long to make PPS.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by MovieMan
In any case, ukblue, if you travel that much (I assume in F or C), it won't take you too long to make PPS.
ukblue: That's true. 12 long hauls (if you didn't mean 12 return long hauls) translate to less than 5 months max to reach PPS, assuming 1 long haul per month.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 3:09 am

Programs: British Airways Gold; SQ PPS Solitaire; Amex Centurion
When I swopped my companies travel from CX to SQ about 18 months ago they gave me PPS status straight away.

I've never heard of SQ comping PPS, though I assume there must be rare exceptions. Does anyone know of any actual examples?

Old Feb 24, 2005, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by SebastianDG
When I swopped my companies travel from CX to SQ about 18 months ago they gave me PPS status straight away.
And you got to Solitaire within a 1.5 years? That was a LOT of travel.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 4:43 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by StarG
My thought exactly!

With all that travel, I guess there was no need for SQ to comp to PPS in the first place.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by StarG
Either that, or he's a VIP (e.g CFO, CEO or MNC)
Old Feb 24, 2005, 9:13 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by SebastianDG
Absolutely lots of travel! If once a month does Europe - SIN - HKG return in F, per trip will earn 15 sectors. To get Solitaire it will take only 17 months. Wow...... Soon you will be LPP ^
Old Feb 24, 2005, 9:29 am

With all that travel, I guess there was no need for SQ to comp to PPS in the first place.
Yup... easily attainable in one or two months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.