Wiki Posts
Search

Boo Doo Two: Barcelona Halloween Weekend 2005

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2005, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Boo Doo Two: Barcelona Halloween Weekend 2005

The BOO DOO TWO Web Site is finally live!

There's a bit more detail there than in the posts here, and it will be the official signup list as well. Everyone needs to sign up on the site to be assured of a place at the dinners and other events. It's too easy to miss people in the hundreds of posts in this thread, so please sign up on the site.

http://www.barcelonadoo.com/

Some photos were stolen from an FT'er whose name I can't remember. Sorry, and thanks!

Well. We had better start planning, no? Last year's GAUDÌ AFTERNOON was an absolute blast, and a good time was had by all. Some may even remember it.

This year we'll continue the tradition with a bigger party, better food, a more exciting tour, and an oh-so-special surprise event! Cawhite60156 gets credit for the name, and SEA_Tigger for inspiring one of the dinner menus. The rest of you, sign up and we'll see what you can inspire.

BOO DOO TWO: BARCELONA HALLOWEEN WEEKEND 2005
Last year we did the Gaudì thing; this year we'll be spending the weekend in the narrow, winding streets of the Gothic Quarter, the oldest part of Barcelona. Fantastic architecture, rich history, terrific and interesting food, the best shopping in the city, and lots and lots of bars.

Special, important announcement: our group is now too big for one of the venues! This is a good problem! Stay tuned for changes below, and don't worry...you know what they say: Always follow the fat guy to dinner!
  • Friday, 28 October: Ten-course dinner (yes, there will be foie!) at Mastroqué, 25€ all-inclusive, 10PM. Liberal drinking afterwards. God, I hope there's no rabbit on the menu this time. Fred.
  • Saturday, 29 October: Guided afternoon walking tour of the Gothic Quarter by our friendly and knowledgable guide from last year, Paul. This will include lunch at Xarcutería Xaloc, with a droolworthy spread of Catalan cured meats, cheeses, and especially jamon. As always, the culture's on me. Save your Euros for food and liquor. And buying me presents. Starts at 12:00PM.

Your host is pleased to finally confirm:
  • Saturday, 29 October: By popular demand, a six-course dinner (yes, there will be foie!) at the new, remodeled-with-a-jazz-club-in-the-basement Bestiari. Wine and coffee included in the 50€ price. The menu will be similar to last year, and will include kangaroo for those that want to try it. Starts at 10:00PM.
  • Sunday, 30 October: Go home! Or hang around if you like. While there is nothing organized, I would imagine we can muster a group to have a go at Espai Sucre in the afternoon. After everyone is bailed out, hosed off, and dressed again.

Event Hotel: This year, we're moving from the NH Calderon to the sexy new Silken Diagonal. While not in the Gothic Quarter, it's a nice walk. This is a Spanish take on the W hotels, beautiful inside and out. Standard doubles are 130€, or upgrade to the club floor for 145€. Update: there is a big realestate convention in town this weekend and hotels are currently hard to come by. The Calderon is fully booked but some sites are still taking reservations (proceed with caution). The Diagonal's site has raised their prices considerably but based on another experience with them, they will open up more cheap rooms as the date arrives and they aren't full. Make a reservation now. at the higher price, either through their site or another one. You can always cancel and re-book at the lower rate as the date gets closer.

BOO DOO LOYALTY PROGRAM: FlyerTalkers returning for two or more Barcelona (or Sitges) events are elegible for elite level membership in BORRATXO, the BOO DOO loyalty program. Bennies include a shiny personalized membership card, luggage tags, welcome amenity, preferred seating at BOO DOO events, and more. I believe at the moment we already have four BORRATXO ELITE members, all of whom I hope will join us again this year (I hope I didn't forget anyone):
- missydarlin
- ILuvParis
- FlyByNight
- Airoli

There you have it, people! I will put up another Web site soon with more photos and details.

Sign-Up Sheet:

DEK
fredmartens
cawhite60156
SEA_Tigger
couscous+1
SkiAdcock
missydarlin
GoingAway
restlessinRNO
ScottC +1
MsEverywhere
techgirl
skye1
Wireless
Kiwi Flyer
SeeYa
kudzu
izzik
ElmhurstNick
GK
verve+1
PHLbuddy
aviationkiwi
tomashi
KLC
Willy Pete
OnAMileHigh
Richelieu
FLYGVA
ILuvParis
beaubo
belle3388
tazi +1
timid_trnchcoat
EdisonCarter
Jenbel
myefre
chrissxb
nor4
GoodKarmaGuy
Studio76
Sam DFW
Seanthepilot
MileCrazy
Stimpy
tom911
McKaye
hauteboy
EndosLuft

Last edited by alanw; Oct 2, 2005 at 4:29 pm
Old Feb 5, 2005, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
For those considering challenging for BORRATXO ELITE membership. Listen to the Voice of Experience. Do not take the preferred seating benefit lightly!
Old Feb 5, 2005, 8:11 am

Count me in...staying at the NH Calderon.

10/27 SEA-ORD AA2088 0814-1405
10/27 ORD-LHR AA86 1710-0650
10/28 LHR-BCN BA484 0925-1220

11/01 BCN-LHR IB4184 0900-1015
11/01 LHR-ORD AA47 1415-1650
11/01 ORD-SEA AA1975 1914-2144

Can't wait!

Last edited by fredmartens; Aug 18, 2005 at 9:51 am Reason: whine about flight changes
Old Feb 5, 2005, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Thumbs up

I'm definitely in! It looks absolutely awesome Alan!
Old Feb 5, 2005, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
10/27 UA736 SEA ORD 11:00AM 4:44PM
10/27 UA940 ORD FRA 6:15PM 9:45AM (10/28)
10/28 LH4452 FRA BCN 12:50PM 2:45PM

10/30 LH4465 BCN FRA 6:55AM 9:05AM
10/30 UA901 FRA SFO 2:00PM 4:35PM
10/30 UA825 SFO SEA 6:40PM 8:35PM

After such a glowing recomendation from alanw, I'll be staying at the Diagonal.

Last edited by SEA_Tigger; Sep 5, 2005 at 10:28 am
Old Feb 5, 2005, 9:43 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Mr and Mrs Couscous will be back !! Working on my flights !! ^
Old Feb 5, 2005, 10:48 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm a maybe...

Heard last year was fun, so if biz picks up & UA is still flying, then I'd like to attend. Cheers. Sharon
Old Feb 5, 2005, 10:58 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

It is a little bit to early, to confirm, but I will do my very best to join you in BCN.

Your plan for this year’s event sounds too good to stay at home.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 11:24 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Oh yes, I WILL be there.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I've heard too much about the wonderful time everyone had last year to miss this one. Please count me in.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I am a very likely maybe. I need to wait until the end of March before I can officially confirm, however.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Oh yes, I WILL be there.
Does this mean you're gonna be Platinum?
Old Feb 5, 2005, 1:35 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Legendarium
Old Feb 5, 2005, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I enjoyed following the 2004 Barcelona Halloween DO thread. I'm definitely interested in attending this year.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last year I had a good excuse as the wife wanted to get married around this date. This year there is no way we'll be missing this.

Any way we can get comped into that nifty BooRooBooRooBooroxxo club? I hate travelling anywhere without status and don't like long lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.