Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Phoenix REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2004, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier

Anyone stay at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Phoenix lately? Planning a stay in that area...never stayed here and was interested in how recent stays were. Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2004, 7:31 pm

Programs: Luckest hitchhiker ever! WN CSA/SMF
Originally Posted by royster747
Anyone stay at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Phoenix lately? Planning a stay in that area...never stayed here and was interested in how recent stays were. Thanks.
The Hyatt Regency in Phoenix is one of the best hotels in downtown. It is so close to everything that you would want to do. My last stay was during my sister's birthday. We went to a Phoenix Suns game and it was only a 3 minute walk!
Old Dec 25, 2004, 8:36 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Originally Posted by royster747
It is a typical business hotel. As poster above stated, not bad for downtown activities. As Diamond I was given a nice corner junior suite. I hope you have fun.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 2:13 am
Suspended

I assume not much has changed since August of 2003, when I wrote a trip report about the property, which can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135034
Old Dec 26, 2004, 8:45 am
AMA

stayed there in PHX a few months ago, hotel's just fine, location is much better than typical downtown hotel.

10 yrs ago, was floating through there, did a one nite stay, musta not been anyone in the hotel, as i got upgraded to the Prez Suite...not bad, btw(!).
Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Hotel is nice, good restaurants, great location to BOB & Am. West Arena. As Diamond, always get automatic upgrade to Executive Suite. No RC though.
Old May 27, 2006, 4:56 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by onefreetraveler
Does anyone have any recent info on this property?

Thanks in advance.
I stayed in January. As always get the room at the end of the hall. It's an odd shape, but has a nice sitting area in front of the bed. The room and bed were comfortable enough, but furniture is a bit dated. There is no regency club, but diamond amenity was a generous portion of average cheese.

I believe breakfast included the cold buffet with an option to upgrade to hot or money towards the menu items.

The location was convenient to restaurants and downtown attractions.

Overall a fine stay, but nothing special. I can also confirm that not much has changed since 2003.
Old May 27, 2006, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
I stayed in January. As always get the room at the end of the hall. It's an odd shape, but has a nice sitting area in front of the bed. The room and bed were comfortable enough, but furniture is a bit dated. There is no regency club, but diamond amenity was a generous portion of average cheese.

I believe breakfast included the cold buffet with an option to upgrade to hot or money towards the menu items.

The location was convenient to restaurants and downtown attractions.

Overall a fine stay, but nothing special. I can also confirm that not much has changed since 2003.
I was there 12/31/05 and I would ditto above. Nothing special.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 6:09 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Question Any updates all?

I went to Trip Advisor this evening and overwhelmingly the guest reviews were typically appalling from both business and leisure travelers
One of the frequently heard concerns was inoperative cooling system temperatures that are stuck at 73 degrees in guest rooms. I had this problem twice at the former Lake Las Vegas property and received amongst the rudest response in my history with Hyatt.
(No longer a Hyatt)

While I know Hyatt had a very challenging year like none I can remember with select property morales and customer service issues is the Hyatt Regency Phoenix really as bad as they say it is online.?
Sadly as a matter of fact I have very limited faith in Hyatt to take care of problems as I did over the past decade.As a result I prefer to do more research to avoid their sometimes overpriced undesirable properties
What is the FT community feedback on Hyatt Regency Phoenix?
It is appreciated
Old Jan 18, 2007, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
...While I know Hyatt had a very challenging year like none I can remember with select property morales and customer service issues is the Hyatt Regency Phoenix really as bad as they say it is online.?
Sadly as a matter of fact I have very limited faith in Hyatt to take care of problems as I did over the past decade.As a result I prefer to do more research to avoid their sometimes overpriced undesirable properties
What is the FT community feedback on Hyatt Regency Phoenix?
It is appreciated
I stayed there last summer in the midddle of July and didn't have any problems with the A/C. I don't recall trying to adjust it, but it was plenty cold for sleeping (and I'm the type of person who needs a cool room for that). I got there late in the evening and left early in the morning, so most of my time spent there was sleeping.

You'll have to pay for parking, which is typical for a downtown hotel but contrasted quite a bit with the free parking available at some of the other hotels closer to the airport or in the more northern part of town. I recall using the valet parking because the garage was around the corner and down the street and it was late at night (around 11 p.m.) when I didn't want to be wandering around the city dragging a bunch of luggage. The valet service was good though -- when I dropped the car off they asked me if I was going to be leaving at a particular time. I told them and they had my car waiting for me without my needing to call them.

I think the room was fine -- the decor was what I think of as typical Hyatt and it seemed to be in good condition. The bathroom was also in good shape.

Before I went to bed, I needed to send some files over the Internet. I was having trouble connecting (I think it was because I didn't have a wireless card), so I called down and they sent someone up with a bridge. He came within a couple of minutes.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Socaflyer
You'll have to pay for parking, which is typical for a downtown hotel but contrasted quite a bit with the free parking available at some of the other hotels closer to the airport or in the more northern part of town. I recall using the valet parking because the garage was around the corner and down the street and it was late at night (around 11 p.m.) when I didn't want to be wandering around the city dragging a bunch of luggage.
Thank you for your excellent very helpful post.^ You just saved me some major possible grief.
The good news is from your report is that hotel seems fine/adequate
The bad news the location of the garage
I can not valet park due to some computer equipment with proprietary information that I will be transporting for a client. And a parking garage down the block in a dodgy neighborhood presents a problem I wasn't aware of. I may have to reconsider.
I have been eyeing one of the Hilton Resorts that has superior reviews, great beds and surprisingly free self parking all for considerably less then the Hyatt
Old Jan 18, 2007, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I was there in November

What i liked: I got a decent jr. size suite; I liked the room; it used T Mobile (hey this is a crap shoot for me lately at hyatt properties); gave me b/f coupons for the morning; the bar across from the front desk is decent

What I didn't Like: Long check in line; parking next door in public lot; side door locked at night so it made for a long walk from parking garage at night b/c you had to all the way to the front; elevators, oh man, were they ever slow or they only had like one running, no lounge, places to go around the hotel were minimal

No complaints about the A/C either
Old Dec 10, 2007, 5:29 pm

Diamonds normally get put in a larger room at either the North of South end of the hall if you book a King Bed. It has a pull-out sofa that normal rooms don't have. Those rooms only have King beds though. If you need 2-doubles, you can request a balcony room (also on the corners). There are only maybe 15 or so balcony rooms; 12 (I think) on the lower floors (3rd-6th floor) NE & SE corners, a few on the 6th or so floor on the East side, and then one random balcony all by itself on the South side of the hotel.

Other than that you get the usual Breakfast certs that they give to all who pay the extra for the "Business Plan" rate. It's good for Continental Breakfast and is upgradeable to anything on the menu at like a $11 value or so per person, I often get the pancakes or stickybun french toast or something that's cheaper than the continental breakfast.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:37 pm

I don't have great memories of this hotel but as a Platinum many years ago it was satisfactory after I received a tired room they did find me a better room when I asked.Thanks for the report G G ^
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:44 am

I am currently at this hotel and stay here often. It is great location wise if you need to be downtown - however, the rates are very high. At times I stay around the airport since the rates are so much cheaper.

As a Diamond I normally get a room on a high floor. I don't normally get the end rooms since I normally ask for the 2 double beds. Last night when I checked in was given a welcome card with a coupon for a free movie - nice touch. The bathrooms look a little tired and one has to put up with the portico products.

Diamonds get breakfast coupons which are only good for a basket of 3 bakery items and coffee. I think the full continental breakfast (including fruit, yogurt, etc) will cost you about 4-5$ more and a full breakfast runs approx $17 and the coupon gives you a $8 credit against that. Do note that when there is no convention in town, the hotel does not setup the breakfast buffet and so one has to order from the menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.