Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich FT get together

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2004, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Can't make it unfortunately, I've got a performance that night. I will probably have a few hours to spare in Zurich on Mon 10th Jan if anyone is around.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 2:53 am

Lightbulb SWISS would like to offer its support

Hi,

I have read the posts about the possibility of a "get together" in Zurich, and since I work for SWISS, and have some responsibilities for our Swiss TravelClub Programme, thought I should offer our support.

I appreciate that maybe you might want to get together without any "interference" from SWISS, but thought I would offer anyway - we are always keen to hear the views of our frequent travellers !!

I could arrange, for example, a room in the Operation Centre close to Zurich Airport, where everyone could meet initially, prior to leaving for your meal venue. If there would be any interest, it would also be possible to arrange a short tour of the operations centre and the "product hub", where you could see the full range of SWISS on-board products.

I would also be very happy to arrange for one of the Swiss TravelClub managers to be on-hand to hold a question-and-answer session, again if there is interest.

Let me know what you think - and again, I don't want to "hijack" the event nor turn it into a "marketing event" in any way.......

Regards,

Barry Green, SWISS CRM Development
(I guess now my "cover" is blown !!)
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: some
A warm welcome to the LX Lurker :)

Originally Posted by CHInsider
Hi,

I have read the posts about the possibility of a "get together" in Zurich, and since I work for SWISS, and have some responsibilities for our Swiss TravelClub Programme, thought I should offer our support.
Dear Barry, its nice to know someone from LX is out there and knows what is on your customers mind. Welcome to the LX Forum!
I appreciate that maybe you might want to get together without any "interference" from SWISS, but thought I would offer anyway - we are always keen to hear the views of our frequent travellers !!
Airoli and I discussed this. We came to the conclusion, that it would be nice to hear from LX directly what improvements are planed, be it STC or the LX Product itself. I don't know how the other Flyertalkers are feeling about this.
I could arrange, for example, a room in the Operation Centre close to Zurich Airport, where everyone could meet initially, prior to leaving for your meal venue. If there would be any interest, it would also be possible to arrange a short tour of the operations centre and the "product hub", where you could see the full range of SWISS on-board products.
This sounds Ok for me, maybe we could start at the Operations Centre at around 5.30 PM.
I would also be very happy to arrange for one of the Swiss TravelClub managers to be on-hand to hold a question-and-answer session, again if there is interest.
Sounds good...hope they have a thik skin
Barry Green, SWISS CRM Development
(I guess now my "cover" is blown !!)
Please PM me for further planning. Again, Airoli and I really appreciate that LX pays attention to its customers and are looking forward to an interesting Evening.

Regards,

Chris
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:51 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by verve
We came to the conclusion, that it would be nice to hear from LX directly what improvements are planed, be it STC or the LX Product itself. I don't know how the other Flyertalkers are feeling about this.
^ I think this idea is great. I'm very interested.

maybe we could start at the Operations Centre at around 5.30 PM.
That's OK as well for me. I'm actually booked on a flight which arrives at ZRH at 4.10PM.

Greetings

Patrick
Old Dec 20, 2004, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I hope there'll be another chance later for those of us who can't make it this time. It sounds interesting.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 1:39 am

^ I am glad to read the positive comments. I will start making arrangements internally, to make sure people and resources are available.

Originally Posted by Verve
Please PM me for further planning. Again, Airoli and I really appreciate that LX pays attention to its customers and are looking forward to an interesting Evening.
Will contact you directly, Verve.

Originally Posted by Concerto
I hope there'll be another chance later for those of us who can't make it this time. It sounds interesting.
If there is enough interest for a 'repeat', then we would be happy to oblige - maybe late January, early February?

Cheers for now.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 9:35 am

Talking

If there is enough interest for a 'repeat', then we would be happy to oblige - maybe late January, early February?

Cheers for now.
I think it would be nice to have also a get together for "french" FT, lets say in Geneva ???

Kooks
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by kooks
I think it would be nice to have also a get together for "french" FT, lets say in Geneva ???

Kooks

I'm in ! I'll be in New York when the Zurich meeting takes place, so a meeting end of Jan or early Feb in Geneva sounds really great.
Nice to see that LX pays attention to this forum.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 3:47 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Would love to join as well....
great to hear that LX is interested!

Is it fixed for the 6th?

Cheers
Pilatusguy
Old Dec 22, 2004, 4:29 am

Oh, no, what a shame!

How I would love to come, and discuss all the ups and down's of being a Swiss frequent flyer with all you fellow Flyertalkers and CHInsider especially!

However, I will be in the US from January 3 through January 15, and won't be able to make it. I am terribly sorry, as I think this is a fantastic idea, and I would love to be there.

Also, I would like to thank CHInsider for "coming out" and being available for this meeting. It would be an excellent idea for Swiss to have a official designated lurker on Flyertalk! This will help to build a lot of good-will and additional loyalty. And maybe provide some valuable inputs to Swiss. I had suggested this to Peter Baumgartner while he was still in charge of Travelclub, but unfortunately he left the company a while ago.

Anyway, if CHInsider sheds some light on the rumors published in InsideFlyer about some positive changes for Gold members, I would sure like to know. (Maybe by PM if it's not "public"?) Since the upgrades to the US got so expensive, most my transatlantic travel is going to AA. But I still love LX dearly, the airline just has great staff.

One more thing: If anybody flies LX F or C longhaul in January, try the Saffron liqueur they are serving as part of the "Taste of the Valais" promotion. It's made by my father, and the whole family's hard labor contributed to the hand-plucked saffron which is used to make it.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:34 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by pilatusguy
Is it fixed for the 6th?
Yes. Would be good to have you join us...
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:35 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by f4free
One more thing: If anybody flies LX F or C longhaul in January, try the Saffron liqueur they are serving as part of the "Taste of the Valais" promotion. It's made by my father, and the whole family's hard labor contributed to the hand-plucked saffron which is used to make it.
Oh, they still serve it in January? Excellent - I do fly LX longhaul then, and hopefully in C!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:13 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Smile

Good morning fellow FT's,

it's nice to know that Swiss (TC) has paid attention to our comments over the past "years" ^ Dear Barry, thank you for your "move" now and welcome to the forum! Summing up, a nice christmas present for us

If there would be any interest, it would also be possible to arrange a short tour of the operations centre and the "product hub", where you could see the full range of SWISS on-board products.
Well, I don't know about other FT but I would be very interested in that! Hopefully you can arrange such a tour...

perfect!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:20 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
meeting list?

Once again it's me...

verve: do you already know, how many FT will come to the "Stammtisch"? (attendee list?)

I for one will try to come. Have a business meeting the next day but it sounds too good to pass....

Merry Christimas!
Old Dec 23, 2004, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
verve: do you already know, how many FT will come to the "Stammtisch"? (attendee list?)
I'll try to produce one over the hollydays, I will also post a draft program.

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.