Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ 744 best seats in Y

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2004, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
SQ 744 best seats in Y

Will be flying FRA-SIN-SYD, MEL-SIN-FRA on SQ325/221/228/26. Could anybody share what are the best seats in Y?
First of all SQ web-site list 4 different configuration but they all have in common that exit row seats are 31A,b,c 49a,b,c,h,j,k. Are they the best seats?
anybody with experience sitting in rows 61-64 - window seats? it is only 2x and looks like there is some space between the seat and the window.

Best regards.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 6:09 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
AX9465 - you might want to check out seatguru.com for detailed information about seats on the various SQ 744s.

Enjoy your stay down under .
Old Nov 11, 2004, 6:31 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
For long flights, I usually prefer the 2-seater at the end of the plane. Due to the design, you tend to get more space for your hand luggage under the seat, but you will be near the toilet and gallery.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Originally Posted by hclee01
For long flights, I usually prefer the 2-seater at the end of the plane. Due to the design, you tend to get more space for your hand luggage under the seat, but you will be near the toilet and gallery.
From what I got at seatguru.com looks like seats 61 a/k are best ones. Flying SQ for the first time hence the question: can you do advanced seat assignment?
Old Nov 11, 2004, 8:02 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by AX9465
From what I got at seatguru.com looks like seats 61 a/k are best ones. Flying SQ for the first time hence the question: can you do advanced seat assignment?
Nope, you can't get advanced seat assignment for Y Class. However, you can try to check-in online 48 hours before the flight and you may be lucky to get the seats that you want. Good luck!
Old Nov 11, 2004, 11:16 am

I've heard lots of people preferring the double seats towards the back of the plane. Whilst it's all down to individual preference...

1. Aren't those seats very near the galley (or toilets) as others already mentioned? Surely it will be pretty noisy (or if you're really unlucky, smelly? ) throughout the flight...?

2. I realise that there is more space for hand luggage, but there is no advantage in terms of legroom... and SQ being by no means the best airline for legroom in Y...

3. You get to deplane last, which isn't so much of a problem in somewhere like SIN, but on a flight to the US, you'd be mad to voluntarily choose a seat at the back of the plane!

Personally, I much prefer an exit or bulkhead row... Row 31 please!
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Exactly Exit Row or Bulkhead.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 2:59 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by stargold
I've heard lots of people preferring the double seats towards the back of the plane. Whilst it's all down to individual preference...

1. Aren't those seats very near the galley (or toilets) as others already mentioned? Surely it will be pretty noisy (or if you're really unlucky, smelly? ) throughout the flight...?

2. I realise that there is more space for hand luggage, but there is no advantage in terms of legroom... and SQ being by no means the best airline for legroom in Y...

3. You get to deplane last, which isn't so much of a problem in somewhere like SIN, but on a flight to the US, you'd be mad to voluntarily choose a seat at the back of the plane!

Personally, I much prefer an exit or bulkhead row... Row 31 please!
Well said!

I *hate* those seats! Smelly, noisy, bumpy, and I can't lean so can't sleep.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 3:47 pm

Programs: SK EBS
Hey! When are you flying? I'm flying to BNE on the 11th of January next year and will be on SQ 325, 235 but connect from GOT on SK1631 so can't really do the web check in.. I'm just gonna try and have my travel agent call SQ on the day before I leave and see if they can give me a seat..
Old Nov 13, 2004, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Mogeni
Hey! When are you flying? I'm flying to BNE on the 11th of January next year and will be on SQ 325, 235 but connect from GOT on SK1631 so can't really do the web check in.. I'm just gonna try and have my travel agent call SQ on the day before I leave and see if they can give me a seat..
Even if connecting from another carrier, you will still be able to do web-checkin (unless SK has the capability to issue SQ boarding passes from GOT and insists on issuing it at GOT, which I highly doubt) - just use the online checkin as usual. Unless there is an ex-CPH specific issue about online checkin.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 8:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood,
Exit row near a galley- quicker access to a can of Tiger!
Seriously, middle and aisle seats are fantastic, window is cramped
by door.
Can be booked in advance, so pray!
Old Nov 13, 2004, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Fliar
Well said!

I *hate* those seats! Smelly, noisy, bumpy, and I can't lean so can't sleep.

Actually i've flown 62A or K several times JFKSIN and never had a problem with smell or noise. It is a little bumpy but I guess im just used to it
If theres no bulkhead or emex left, it has the most legroom of any other seat in coach.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 12:11 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by driftingaway
Actually i've flown 62A or K several times JFKSIN and never had a problem with smell or noise. It is a little bumpy but I guess im just used to it
If theres no bulkhead or emex left, it has the most legroom of any other seat in coach.
On several occasions I have had people queuing up right next to me, but the worst part is the gap between the window and the seat. It's impossible to rest your head. Then again, if you're used to that (i.e. take aisle seats) that may not be a problem.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 6:32 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Some have mentioned that food choice to the back of the plane (rows 61 or so) may be affected by limited food choices - see posts
(Best Y seat in 777-300 and 777-200)I pressume this only applies to the regular meal choices.

I'm in 62/63K on 777-200 (2 class)
and 58K on 747-400

and have booked vegetarian meals. I trust that SQ bring these out to those pax who've ordered them specifically and so availability shouldn't be a problem in that part of the plane - If they run out, I WILL be going hungry!
Old Feb 2, 2006, 8:54 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
No matter where you are seated, if you have ordered a special meal, the FA usually will try to find, match and confirm the pax with the special meal. Unless the caterer forget to load your special meal. When you check-in just make sure about your vegetarian special meal in your record. And I believe it will show on your BP...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.