Wiki Posts
Search

LYS Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2004, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

LYS Lounge

Bonjour tout le monde!

I decided to post my question in the Air France forum and not the KLM forum because I though I'd have a better chance at finding someone with an answer in here.

This December/January I'll be flying Business to LYS from SFO (Via AMS) on KLM. I have done numerous searches to try to find information about business class lounges at the Lyon airport. All I could find was the mention of a Mont Blanc lounge on a few web sites.

Has any one been to this lounge? If my departure is at 6:45 am will I have a chance visit it? I see it is located in terminal 1. Is this anywhere near the gate(s) that KLM uses?

I'm not expecting the lounge to be like the one in SFO or AMS, but I'm just curious.

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 2:29 am

Programs: AF Gold, QF Plat, VX, AA, UA
According to this thread there is NO AF lounge in LYS. Apparently other carriers use the Mont Blanc Lounge but not AF. Shocking, yes, but they say they are making arrangements to construct one .... The Skyteam airport guide says the MB Lounge is an AF lounge, but I bet the FT boards have more up-to-date information.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 3:15 am

Programs: KLM PE (I refuse to call it FB)
Lyon

I have been to a lounge at Lyon. Amitted because I was KLM PE. You get a voucher at checki in.

Relying heavily on my distant memory, it was OK but on the small side. Pleasant without being anything wonderful. Hot and cold drinks, a few snacks.

If Skyteam is up and running (!) and you are in Business class, I do not see a problem?

Tom
Old Sep 3, 2004, 9:44 am

Programs: AF FB Plat, AA Gld
The ONLY lounge at LYS is the Mount Blanc lounge used by all airlines in LYS. It is rather small with little ameneties. Last time I used it (some time ago) the check-in would give you a PIN code toopen the door. There often isin't an attendant, especially early in the morning.

As far as I can remember, KL leaves from the other terminal so the lounge is not very close, plus it is before security which can take a while in LYS, especially if there are early charter departures.

dctorres, who moderates this forum, met with AF in the US recently and it was bought up to them that with the ambitions AF has for LYS, they need to put decent AF lounge there. They responded that it was being considered.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feed back!
Old Sep 4, 2004, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm based near LYS and use the MB lounge from time to time when flying LH. It is modern and is usually staffed by a very beautiful attendant. They have comfortable modern chairs a TV, magazines and decent snacks and drinks. They have a strange sort of WiFi that requires a CD and a special card. I tried it once and gave up. They also have a fax and printer.

However when flying AF, you cannot use the MB lounge. I don't know if that will change soon for KLM. Hopefully next year when the airport expansion is further along we will get an AF lounge.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy
However when flying AF, you cannot use the MB lounge.
It seems so strange that a shared-lounge exists for all buisness class clients from all the other airlines except Air France. I feel safe in assuming that Air France has the majority of traffic in LYS. Oh well. Given my flight is before 7am and the lounge is not near the KLM gate, I probably won't be able to try it out this year.

Thanks again for all your input.

I look forward to flying with Air France more when Northwest joins Sky Team this month.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AF is in T2 and the rest are in T1, so it's a bit of a hike to get from AF to the MB lounge. But perhaps KL will move to T2 soon?
Old Sep 2, 2005, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What's involved in getting to the MB lounge when flying in on Air France's partner Brit Air? I will have almost a 2.5 hour connection time and want to use it with my Priority Pass access...Any feedback on changing terminals easily? or from where Brit Air's CRJs depart from?
Old Sep 2, 2005, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
LYS lounge

What's involved in getting to the MB lounge when flying in on Air France's partner Brit Air? I will have almost a 2.5 hour connection time and want to use it with my Priority Pass access...Any feedback on changing terminals easily? or from where Brit Air's CRJs depart from?

(I posted on another thread, but then realized it was discontinued, so this technically is a dual post, sorry!)
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
changing terminals at LYS is quite easy. Most BritAir (AirFrance) flights leave in terminal 2 at gates 20,21 or 22. AF has no lounge, so priority pass is an option.

here is a map, showing LYS. the left side is the AF side, PP lounge is in the terminal building you can see on your right
Old Sep 3, 2005, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! MB appears to be landside, Im assuming it's not a big deal to get from T2 to T1 and go through security to access the lounge if I have plenty of time. If I remember right, you can walk between terminals (no bus).
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a very short walk. The MB lounge is OK with snacks and drinks. But the WiFi there requires a special CD and adapter which doesn't work well at all. Hopefully they have changed it out by now. The lounge is open for biz-class pax on LH, BA and perhaps a few others.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:48 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
LYS lounge ?

I did a search & found nothing current, so here goes.

Does AF have a lounge (or lounge access) at LYS? One thread I found, circa 2004, said that AF was working on one.

It just seems kind of odd that AF does not have one in one of the largest cities in their home country.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 1:51 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
There is indeed an AF lounge called "Les Ecrins". There is no dragon, just a code-operated door that opens on a "lounge" smaller than a college student's room where only refreshments (no snacks) are served. No computers, just a foolish TV and a payphone.

Have fun in LYS !

UTA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.