Wiki Posts
Search

aeropostal-air france MAR-CCS-CDG-BCN-CDG-CCS-MAR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2004, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF frequence plus
Thumbs up aeropostal-air france MAR-CCS-CDG-BCN-CDG-CCS-MAR

this is the report of my best air travel experience to europe. lots of thanks to the crews of the air france flights i took.

june 28, 2004
flight #1:

Aeropostal VH105
departed from: Maracaibo-La Chinita (MAR/SVMC)
arrived to: Caracas-Maiquetia-Simon Bolivar (CCS/SVMI)
duration of flight: 1:00
departure time:9:00 AM
seat: free seating
aircraft: McDonell Douglas DC-9-30
reg: YV-42C

The flight to caracas was the typical aeropostal service with a small but tasty snack comprised of ham & cheese sandwich, cake and a candy with the usual pepsi. final approach and landing to maiquetia was delayed for about 20 minutes due to the gorilla's plane takeoff. we had to pick our bags from the belt and rent a cart to take them to the international terminal.

june 28, 2004
flight #2:

Air France AF461
departed from: Caracas-Maiquetia-Simon Bolivar (CCS/SVMI)
arrived to: Paris-Charles De Gaulle-roissy (CDG/LFPG) terminal 2F
duration of flight: 9:20
departure time: 4:50 PM scheduled 5:20 actual
seat: 28J
aircraft: Airbus A340-300
reg: F-GLZQ

We arrived an hour and a half before the air france check in opened so we had to wait sitting over our wrapped luggage until they opened. we were the first ones to check in, it was a breeze, the GAs took our tickets and frequence plus numbers and through checked our luggage to BCN. Boarding started at 4:10 and made in an orderly fashion so different from venezuelan or spanish carriers. row by row. finally we boarded our plane got to our seats and voila: the PTV welcoming you with the typical bienvenue a bord message. After several headcounts pushback started, the usual safety video was played on every screen of the aircraft, the cabin was disinfected with some weird canisters. we reached the runway and the turbines spooled but didn't feel like a bat out of hell, i've heard that's typical of the A340. airshow started giving info about altitude, ground speed and outside temperature. after we reached FL340 the FA's gave the tempo amenity kits with the cool AF headphones and blindfolds. an hour later they passed the aperitifs (pretzels and drinks, free booze included), i toasted with champagne for a good trip to spain. there were about 5 movies to choose from the PTV's also the usual games and the airshow. I was starving so dinner was going to be served. the menu was:

salad: smoked salmon and vegetables
main dishes: goulash, caked potatoes, sauteed zucchini
or
farfalle with bechamel sauce, tomatoes with oregano, ham julienne, parmesan (i took this one)
cheese (camembert), petit-suisse, creme caramel, cofee and tea

drinks:
white wine: VDP des cotes de gascogne 2002 Maison Louis Eschenauer
red wine: VDP d' Oc Merlot 2002 Maison Louis Eschenauer
beers: stella artois, kronenbourg 1664
water, coke, juices

landing was uneventful and calm, also typical of the A340, we parked at a remote stand in the cargo ramp and bussed to terminal 2F2, went through customs and then to 2F1 to take our connecting flight to BCN.

june 29, 2004
flight #3:

Air France AF1348
departed from: Paris-Charles De Gaulle-roissy (CDG/LFPG) terminal 2F
arrived to: Barcelona-El Prat (BCN/LEBL) terminal A
duration of flight: 1:45
departure time: 10:00 AM
seat: 14E
aircraft: Airbus A320-200
reg: F-GFKR

it was a short european flight, a small snack was given, no IFE at all. we arrived to barcelona, we hade to wait about an hour to get our bags, my brother was waiting for us ant that was the start of a long summer vacation brought to you by Air France: faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre
(to be continued)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.