Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

1k online check-in bonus even after use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]

I'm sitting here in the HNL WC and just checked Deskport which tells me that I received a 1,000 mile online check-in bonus (for first time use) even though I have checked in online many times before. Is this a fluke or is anyone else receiving this "first-time" bonus?

aloha
Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:21 pm

Programs: Delta murdered it. RIP WorldPerks
I also was awarded the bonus after checking in online Monday morning for my flights Tuesday (BWI -> HNL). I have used it many, many times before. Though I was never awarded the 1,000 bonus miles before. So I guess it finally caught up to me.

The miles were there hours after I got off the plane. My flights' miles should post in a few hours.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:25 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
I received them about a month ago after checking in for an Award ticket on-line. I think there are two first time bonuses. One for paid fares and one for Award tickets. You are eligible for 500 bonus miles with each award ticket check in on-line till the end of the year and 1000 for the first one.

Was your ticket per chance and award ticket?

If not, just be happy and enjoy the miles.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 5:07 am

Programs: NW Plat,*wood Plat,Honors Diamond.
Talking Take the miles and run.

Same here, I have been doing on-line check in's all year. You have to love an extra 1000 miles!

NW 0156 NW 0156 R/K MSP - IND 503 503
125% Platinum Elite Bonus 629
21JUL2004 First time nwa.com check-in bonus 1,000
Old Aug 19, 2004, 6:10 pm

I did too last week or so. My conscience was torn, however, and I called WP to alert them to the problem.

They assured me that all double-posted first time bonuses would be reversed and I received 10,000 miles for my honesty.

I sleep better now.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by michaelr
They assured me that all double-posted first time bonuses would be reversed and I received 10,000 miles for my honesty.
Is this for real??? Because if it is, I'm calling WPs.

aloha
Old Aug 19, 2004, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
Is this for real??? Because if it is, I'm calling WPs.

aloha
But course it is. Naturally after reading slippahs's post, I called back and warned them about people that would report this error again and was advised anyone that calls in to report this problem again would be degraded to BASE member and on top of that any purchases through the WP mall will never post for all eternity.

So if you ever wondered why WP mall miles don't show up....
Old Aug 20, 2004, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by michaelr
on top of that any purchases through the WP mall will never post for all eternity.

So if you ever wondered why WP mall miles don't show up....
Well my WPs mall points don't post regardless, so, no biggie there.

aloha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.