Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone stayed at the IC Prague? If so

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2004, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at the IC Prague? If so

What did you think of it?

We're thinking of staying for a few days in early January.

Thanks in advance
Rita
Old Aug 18, 2004, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It's a good business class hotel and typically I-C. But there are other hotels with much more character in Prague if you are going for leisure.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 10:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Great location but it is so ugly on the outside I wouldn't venture inside. It is an architectural abomination given its location in the old town. Not even interesting as a box office building style in a modern downtown location.

So many boutique hotels close by. May not have the level of service as the IC but more interesting places.

Not trying to discourage people from staying here, just had to get that off my chest . . .
Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:03 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Any chance you would consider the Four Seasons? Great location. Great hotel. Sadly, no FF points. The health club is amazing. After a long day of walking cobblestone streets, you will welcome the great massage in the health club.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:15 pm

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Do they have a Club level and lounge in Prague? I have read some good’s about the Hilton Prague in the HHonors forum.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Prague, it's a very imposing hotel, with an excellent reception area and the rooms are air-conditioned and fairly spacious.

The only downside is it's about 15 mins from the city centre, however, they have there own taxi service which runs with fairly reasonable rates and you can even call them to come get you.

Definately worth considering...
Old Aug 21, 2004, 4:49 am

Programs: PC Plat, IC Amb, BAEC Blue
I stayed with my partner at the IC Prague in March 2003 for 6 nights. The hotel itself is an ugly building, inside it is the normal marble floors etc. We paid Ł250 a night for a Club Room, we used what was then the SCC Transfer service as we arrived at 2200hrs at the airport and the hotel offered the "Pronto" service which meant they would check us in whilst we were driving to the hotel and then we would be taken straight to the room, well that is what they advertised.
We didn't receive that service though and had to proceed to the reception, by that time it was the night manager who was on duty, he took some time checking us in, about 15-20 min from what I remember and we had to fill all of the registraton forms in even though my details were registered with the SCC.
We were taken up to our room by a porter and showed the facilities. The room was not on the Club floor, in fact it wasn't a club room but we were told we would get access to the lounge. The room itself was your standard sized room and bathroom, nothing special and not bad either. We had a view directly of the River.
As we were SCC members we received a complimentary box of very nice hand made chocolates, a bottle of local wine nicly wrapped and the usual welcome letter.
The beds were comfortable and the Aircon worked well and was fairly quiet.
The Club Lounge is on the top floor and included a seperate dining room with table cloths.
The Club Lounge included a PC with printer and free broadband internet access, a selection of magazines and papers.
The breakfast had a small hot selection of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and potato cakes, there was also a good selection of fruit and pastries.
Fresh fruit juice was on offer and I believe there were 4 different types. There was cereal and toast also available.
Breakfast was on offer I think until 11am. At 12 noon a selection of finger sandwiches and small cakes was brought out and I can remember that the staff constantly topped the plates up.
Later in the afternoon different sandwiches and chocolates were displayed and then in the evening there would be a selection of cheese, hot canapes which changed each night and the usual selection of gin, baileys, wine etc which you would help yourself to.
The lounge closed at 2300hrs I believe and whilst it wasn't massive, we always managed to get a table and a sofa.
We didn't eat anywhere else in Prague other than the lounge from what I remember which I suppose is a bit sad!
The hotel itself was located close to the Old Square and within walking distance of most of the city.
The concierge was not very helpful and when we asked them for advice of trips they just pointed us to a rack of leaflets.
Whilst probably not the best IC hotel it is certainly better than the Forum Bratislava (don't ask!) where we went on to visit after Prague.
To sum up.

Check in - Poor
Check out - Good
Room - Good
Bathroom - Average
Lounge - Good
Food / Drink - Good
Leisure Club - Good
Concierge - Poor
SCC Club Benefits - Received welcome gift but no upgrade (we were downgraded to standard river view)

We did complain about the downgrade and lack of pronto service etc on our return and whilst we weren't given any explination we did get a free night certificate.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
My wife and I are considering a weekend stay at the InterContinental Prague in February 2005. It will be our first visit to Prague and I am completely unfamiliary with the city (translation: I need to do my homework). A few questions:

(1) How desirable is the location of this hotel?
(2) What type of room can I expect as an Ambassador?
(3) The best rate right now is the prepaid rate of 139 Euros (plus 19% tax). Using my Ambassador free weekend night certificate, our three night stay will average approximately $135 per night including taxes. Can I expect the 139 Euro rate to drop at some point in the future because February must be non-peak season? And can I find a better hotel (in terms of location; quality doesn't have to be as good as long as it is comfortable and clean) for a lower total price?
Old Sep 20, 2004, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The location is OK, unless you want to be on the other side of the river. As for rooms, that depends on availability. Even in February, the I-C hosts conferences. But you can ask the hotel about that now.

If I were you, I'd book a rate that will allow you to check out when you please. That way you can spend the first night at the I-C and then move to a different hotel if you find one you like better. I did that once and moved to a very interesting old hotel on the Charles Bridge called something like U Tri Postru (the three Ostriches).
Old Sep 20, 2004, 2:55 am
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
Stayed in IC Prague straight after IC Hong Kong - could not have been a different experience.

Arrived late - they tried to downgrade us - then tried to argue that club room on club floor did not give club access (they just seemed to be an extention of the taxi mafia in Prague). Finnally after much discussion - inlcuding havuing to show original booking receipt given club floor room with club access (but not suite as originally booked) and rate adjusted to an acceptable level.

Hotel staff (except for club lounge) extremely unhelpful - information given about city often wrong (for example no church services in english - found two within easy walking distance).

I would use a different hotel - lets hope ic dump this hotel as they have most 'business hotels' in europe

Last edited by db7; Sep 20, 2004 at 5:12 am
Old Sep 20, 2004, 3:45 am

Programs: PC Plat, IC Amb, BAEC Blue
As stated above our visit to IC Prague was very hit and miss. The Club Lounge was fine but check-in was poor and we were also downgraded with no explination (seems we are not the only ones) In view of this I doubt you'll get an upgrade as we were SCC Platinum members at the time and yet they still downgraded it. Then again the rate you are quoting is far better than what we paid per night which was about Ł250 per night for Club Room.
The best hotel I could see was the Four Seasons but the rates are higher, best I can see for February is €195 per night plus tax but to me that looks a good rate for a Four Seasons and it is located next to the Vltava River and only a few minutes walk from the Old Square but obviously you wouldn't then benefit from a free night by using your voucher.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 8:21 am

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
I am staying there 8-10 Oct If you can wait I will let you know how it goes, On the upside I did book a basic room and then the rate was cut by 100 euros so I called PCS and said could I cancel and re book at the lower rate and they said no it was not possible, but the call agent put me on hold called the hotel and got me an upgrade to a Jnr Suite because of my Ambassador status as this was now the same money as I had paid for the standard room.

So fingers crossed it works out

Dino
Old Sep 20, 2004, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Thanks for all the feedback! I really appreciate it.

If I decide to stay elsewhere, any recommendations for a centrally located, clean and comfortable hotel for under 100 Euros per night (our trip is from February 11-14, 2005)? I've noted stimpy's suggestion of the U Tri Pstrosu and I will look into it.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 7:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by db7
Arrived late - they tried to downgrade us - then tried to argue that club room on club floor did not give club access (they just seemed to be an extention of the taxi mafia in Prague).
Interesting, I had the same problems when I was there two years ago. Even though I had a confirmed booking for a Club level room the guy at the front desk tried to tell me the same nonsense as they told you and denied me access to the Club Lounge. As I was not willing to fully discuss that with him I did not pay any attention to him and just used the lounge during my whole stay. No further discussions whatsoever.....
Old Sep 27, 2004, 8:17 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
I had to call the hotel last week to re-book, as they said my card didn't work, and the woman initially said I was only down for a standard room, not superior I had reserved on-line. Then she spoke to someone, after repeated insistence by myself, and clarified that was a 'city-view' superior room. Doesn't fill me with confidence after reading this thread - am I entitled by the way as a Plat Amb. to request a room one category up (deluxe), or should I just be grateful if they dont downgrade me to standard?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.