Wiki Posts
Search

7 Hours in SIN.

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2004, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer, Onepass
Post 7 Hours in SIN.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post these question but it since it's Singapore related I'll ask here.

As some of you folk's may know I'm taking the inaugural EWR-SIN on 6-28 & have only 7.5 hrs in SIN before I take the return flight back to EWR on the 30th.

My questions,

1)Do I need to make a reservation for a shower?
2)Reservation for a massage,aroma-therapeutic ?
3)Good place to eat
4)Will I have time to use the swimming pool & Jacuzzi?
5)Can I check in for my return flight after I land?
6)If I do need to make reservations, can somebody supply me a phone number.

Thank's
Old May 21, 2004, 9:10 am

Programs: SQ TPP, SQ *G, MPC Gold, HHonours Diamond, Starwood Plat
Smile

Hi,

Will u be flying Raffles or Executive Economy. If travelling in Raffles then,

1. U can shower in the SKL in Singapore in the Raffles Class area and no reservation is needed
2. There is no massage or aroma therapeutic in the lounge. If u pay for access in the Rainforest lounge, you can then add this on
3. I would recommend the Sushi Restaurant in T2 if u like Japanese food, else there is a food court where u can enjoy local fares
4. No, the pool and jacuzzi is for transit hotel guest and this is not part of the SQ benefits for its premium travellers
5. Not sure about number in NYC, but in Singapore it is 65-6223-8888

Hope this helps. Enjoy the flight
Old May 21, 2004, 9:57 am

Location: Over the Golden Gate Bridge and through the woods, CA
Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by pps04
3. I would recommend the Sushi Restaurant in T2 if u like Japanese food, else there is a food court where u can enjoy local fares

My family will arrive at around 1 am in the morning. Any restaurants/shops still open? Thanks.
Old May 21, 2004, 10:59 am

Transit hotel

We will be arriving on SQ11 at 1:05 AM and leaving on SQ142 (to Denpensar) at 9:35 AM. With a toddler, we'd like the privacy of a room at one of the Transit hotels. Which one would we use, T1 or T2?
Old May 21, 2004, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pps04
Hi,

Will u be flying Raffles or Executive Economy. If travelling in Raffles then,

1. U can shower in the SKL in Singapore in the Raffles Class area and no reservation is needed
2. There is no massage or aroma therapeutic in the lounge. If u pay for access in the Rainforest lounge, you can then add this on
4. No, the pool and jacuzzi is for transit hotel guest and this is not part of the SQ benefits for its premium travellers
5. Not sure about number in NYC, but in Singapore it is 65-6223-8888

Hope this helps. Enjoy the flight
Thank's for the answers.

I should have mentioned I'm flying Executive Economy.
Old May 21, 2004, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by sactoroy
We will be arriving on SQ11 at 1:05 AM and leaving on SQ142 (to Denpensar) at 9:35 AM. With a toddler, we'd like the privacy of a room at one of the Transit hotels. Which one would we use, T1 or T2?
Greetings! If you're arriving on SQ 11, you should be arriving in Terminal 2. Thus, you should definitely make reservations for the Transit Hotel in T2 since SQ 142 will be leaving from the same terminal. Enjoy your holiday in Bali!
Old May 21, 2004, 5:05 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Transit Hotel T2

Agree. It's T2 Transit Hotel more convenience for arriving and departing on SQ. But make sure you book in advance. Several times I had not been able to get a room.
Old May 21, 2004, 5:10 pm
CGK

Stevetas

Originally Posted by stevetas
Thank's for the answers.

I should have mentioned I'm flying Executive Economy.
Hi: if nothing changes, I will also be on SQ21 June 28. I gladly invite you to SLK at Changi (or even in EWR, which hopefully Virgin Lounge since last time I flew out from JFK I was able to use Virgin Lounge). I am not so sure yet what time I am taking my flight to CGK that day, whether 8am or 10am. At least you can have an early shower.

And don't worry if somebody thinks "crazy" for taking SQ21 then straight back to SQ22. I did SQ20 SIN-LAX back directly SQ19 LAX-SIN. And I heard at least three persons did the same. And I may do SIN-EWR-SIN 28 Jun.

Last edited by CGK; May 21, 2004 at 5:18 pm Reason: Typo, grammar, add
Old May 22, 2004, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CGK
Hi: if nothing changes, I will also be on SQ21 June 28. I gladly invite you to SLK at Changi (or even in EWR, which hopefully Virgin Lounge since last time I flew out from JFK I was able to use Virgin Lounge). I am not so sure yet what time I am taking my flight to CGK that day, whether 8am or 10am. At least you can have an early shower.

And don't worry if somebody thinks "crazy" for taking SQ21 then straight back to SQ22. I did SQ20 SIN-LAX back directly SQ19 LAX-SIN. And I heard at least three persons did the same. And I may do SIN-EWR-SIN 28 Jun.
Thank's for the offer to join you at the lounge in SIN.

I've sent you a PM.

Yes, my family think's I'm crazy for taking SQ21 & returning on SQ22 & only staying 7 hours in SIN.

I bet I'm not the only nut.
Old May 22, 2004, 8:04 pm

Stevetas- I'm guessing you've been to SIN before, but if not, you may also considering heading into the city for a couple hours.
You could take the airport's free city tour, which takes about 2 hours, or you could even hop on the MRT and head into the city on your own schedule.
Old May 22, 2004, 10:30 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by stevetas
I've sent you a PM.
Yes, my family think's I'm crazy for taking SQ21 & returning on SQ22 & only staying 7 hours in SIN.
I bet I'm not the only nut.
I have replied to your PM.
You are not the only nut
Old May 25, 2004, 7:34 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Carry a printed confirmation of e-mail

Originally Posted by CGK
Agree. It's T2 Transit Hotel more convenience for arriving and departing on SQ. But make sure you book in advance. Several times I had not been able to get a room.
To add to what CGK said, you can fill a form on their web site to book a room. They respond over e-mail with a confirmation. Carry a print out of the confirmation with you. They are known to bump people off with confirmed reservations in the past.
Old May 26, 2004, 3:52 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by dave_261
Stevetas- I'm guessing you've been to SIN before, but if not, you may also considering heading into the city for a couple hours.
You could take the airport's free city tour, which takes about 2 hours, or you could even hop on the MRT and head into the city on your own schedule.
Stevetas:

If you have never been to Singapore, you must, must, must, must, must, must, must, MUST go into the city--even if it will be in the wee hours of the morning. Please, trust me on this one. You can relax and sleep on the fligh back. Look up Singapore on the Mileage Run category and you will see many helpful tips on going into the city, including posts by me in my current incarnation and my former incarnation (PremEx2000). Cab fare into the city is relatively cheap from a U.S. perspective. You can get AWESOME food--the best in the world--anytime, day or night (or overnight). You can even get back to the airport in time to take a shower so you are refreshed. YOU MUST GO INTO THE CITY IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE. PLEASE!! DO IT. YOU WON'T REGRET IT. Yes, Changi is awesome, but the city is even better, even at 3am. YOU MUST! Remember, you can sleep when you're dead.
Old May 26, 2004, 4:21 pm

i concur with ChicagoBound. like a lot of cities in asia, u can find things to do 24h a day. and there will be nice local restaurants open even at 4am (when a lot of clubbers call it a day and get some late supper). or if u arent hungry, grab a beer in any of the party areas. bars/clubs used to close at 3am, but i believe some now hv extended their opening hours.
Old May 27, 2004, 7:40 am

Programs: United
Stevetas private messaged me and it looks like he might head into Singapore while he is there. For all of you Singapore natives, please give him tips on what to do/where to go in the city--even if he's there for just 7 hours.

I have been to Singapore 5 times on mileage runs--anywhere from 7 hours to 2 1/2 days. It is a wonderful city with the best food in the world. Hopefully, with your help, Stevetas will make many trips to Singapore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.