Wiki Posts
Search

Flying inaugural EWR-SIN

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2004, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer, Onepass
Thumbs up Flying inaugural EWR-SIN

Hi Guy's. I just signed up to FT today but have been watching for the last few month's. I also booked my inaugural EWR-SIN flight today . I'll catch the return 12:05 back to EWR on the 30th. My family think's I'm totaly insane for going for 35+ hours on this inaugural flight. Is anyone else from the NJ/NY area doing this besides myself from FT?
Old May 9, 2004, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by stevetas
Hi Guy's. I just signed up to FT today but have been watching for the last few month's. I also booked my inaugural EWR-SIN flight today . I'll catch the return 12:05 back to EWR on the 30th. My family think's I'm totaly insane for going for 35+ hours on this inaugural flight. Is anyone else from the NJ/NY area doing this besides myself from FT?
if you pay the ticket for me, i'll follow you everywhere
Old May 9, 2004, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Welcome to FT!

I was on the inaugural flight of UA's LAX-MEL service which, at the time, was the longest.

Let us know how the inaugural flight goes i.e. please write a trip report. In which class did you book?
Old May 9, 2004, 10:59 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Welcome to FT... and congrats on your booking. Did you secure the fare online...? Oh, and make sure you check the SQ website for details on promos for these special inauugurals... they usually run some bonus mileage promo. I just got mine from doing LAX-SIN on the new LeaderShip - although I did not do the inaugural flight.
Old May 9, 2004, 11:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to FT stevetas

My family think's I'm totaly insane for going for 35+ hours on this inaugural flight.
I think you'll fit in fine here

Does anyone know if SQ is doing anything special for the inaugural flight - ie like the SIN-LAX back in Feb?

BTW does this mean I now need to go on this flight as my certificate for longest flight is no longer correct?

Slightly OT but will SQ create a new tier for PPS credits to cater for these long flights?
Old May 9, 2004, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Slightly OT but will SQ create a new tier for PPS credits to cater for these long flights?
SQ doesn't have a PPS sector tier for the long one-stop flights, so I doubt they will add one for the non-stops -- even though doing so would make sense. Anyway, the miles also count toward PPS, though I tend to qualify first on sectors. That would change if I were flying SIN-EWR a lot.
Old May 10, 2004, 12:02 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by zvezda
SQ doesn't have a PPS sector tier for the long one-stop flights, so I doubt they will add one for the non-stops -- even though doing so would make sense. Anyway, the miles also count toward PPS, though I tend to qualify first on sectors. That would change if I were flying SIN-EWR a lot.
Interesting line of thought...... gives me an idea to start a new thread on PPS Solitaire status....
Old May 10, 2004, 12:13 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by zvezda
Funny you should say that. I'm way ahead on PPS mileage relative to sector counts - ie making much faster progress towards solitaire mileage requirement than solitaire sector requirement. Of course still a long way away from this level. Is the averaging rule for requalifying PPS allow averaging of mileage, or is it only sectors? Ie can I requalify with a minimum of 12,500 miles instead of 12.5 sectors (subject to average being above 25,000 or 25 respectively)?
Old May 10, 2004, 12:43 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Funny you should say that. I'm way ahead on PPS mileage relative to sector counts - ie making much faster progress towards solitaire mileage requirement than solitaire sector requirement. Of course still a long way away from this level. Is the averaging rule for requalifying PPS allow averaging of mileage, or is it only sectors? Ie can I requalify with a minimum of 12,500 miles instead of 12.5 sectors (subject to average being above 25,000 or 25 respectively)?
I think the averaging is valid for both sectors and mileage.
Old May 10, 2004, 12:46 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by StarG
I think the averaging is valid for both sectors and mileage.
Excellent.
Old May 11, 2004, 11:36 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I'll be in Raffles July 11. Please post a trip report!
Old May 11, 2004, 3:10 pm

See you on the plane! :)

Hey stevetas!

Will be on the inaugural EWR-SIN as well. So maybe we could meet up in the lounge? PM me.

Gary
Old May 14, 2004, 1:14 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
If nothing changed in my schedule, I will be on the inaugural flight SQ21 EWR-SIN 28 Jun.
Old May 14, 2004, 1:41 am

Talking good on ya' mate

Originally Posted by CGK
If nothing changed in my schedule, I will be on the inaugural flight SQ21 EWR-SIN 28 Jun.
(this user is green with envy)
Old May 14, 2004, 8:44 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Gaucho: Perhaps you can post looking for a pax who will be on SQ21. In US-SQ website, between Jun 28 and August, there is a promotion for buying 1 Z-class gets 1 free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.