Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
NW, CO, UA: LAX-MSP $99+ no min!

K class
Can route thru MKE or DEN
Valid Mon - Thu or Sat.
Travel thru October 10
7 day adv, no min.

Edited to add, also LAX-DEN is avail for $99+. For MSP-based folks, you could go to LAX and nest some LAX-DEN RT's in there using the 3x EQM promo on the new LAX-DEN service.

Edited again: UA and CO now matching!

Last edited by channa; May 7, 2004 at 12:21 am
Old May 6, 2004, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
A Note

Excellent!

But, looks like it is limited to certain times / flights. #311 0700 MSP-LAX and #306 950A LAX-MSP.

Prices out at $118.20 at nwa.com WOW!!!! And double miles as well!!!!
Old May 6, 2004, 1:45 pm

Programs: NWA
Why double miles?
Is there anything like this from Mem?
Old May 6, 2004, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by mjcasta
But, looks like it is limited to certain times / flights. #311 0700 MSP-LAX and #306 950A LAX-MSP.
It must be an availability issue on the days you're looking at:

Originally Posted by NW:KR7ONRN
DAY/TIME - MON THRU THU ALL DAY SAT ALL DAY
FLT APPLIC - NO RESTRICTION
So it's allowed on any flight, so long as there is K availability.

Also try routing it thru MKE for additional mileage.
Old May 6, 2004, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
What a fantastic deal -- I wish DTW was offered too (although the AA fare is good...)
Old May 6, 2004, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks Channa

Found some! Very picky though. I tried the schedule option to pick my flights and although the fare basis was still KR7ONRN it would price higher, even though days and such were within the rules. A little persistence was rewarded - Thanks again!!

Regarding double miles promotion!

Last edited by mjcasta; May 6, 2004 at 5:40 pm
Old May 6, 2004, 5:07 pm

Wow, that's bloody cheap.
Old May 6, 2004, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
even better with PD733

Just purchased for $91.32 with a PD733 amenity pack coupon that expires at the end of June anyhow. With the double EQMs and the Plat bonus -- less than 1.5 cents per EQM mile and .92 cents per mile.
And I even have friends to visit.
Interesting note -- when I applied the PD733 coupon on the "best fare" option, only the red eye eastbound and the 7 a.m. west bound priced at $91. All the other combinations were $104. When I selected on my own, I was able to get the red eye east bound and the 9 p.m. westbound for $91. Got to be persistent.
channa, thanks for the pointer.
tom

Last edited by mot29; May 6, 2004 at 10:01 pm
Old May 6, 2004, 11:06 pm

CO is in at $129(TOTAL!!)!!! Much better routing possibilities, including EWR, FLL, and IAH! Should be able to get at least 9000 miles in the air!

win1300
Old May 6, 2004, 11:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Two questions:

1) Can you please show this apparently-blind person the language that says this double mile promotion is double Elite Qualifying Miles?

2) Since the bonus is to push their new MSP-LAX non-stops, wouldn't routing through MKE or anywhere else invalidate the bonus (not the price)?
Old May 6, 2004, 11:54 pm

Programs: NW Plat Elite, SPG Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by 925
1) Can you please show this apparently-blind person the language that says this double mile promotion is double Elite Qualifying Miles?

Per mjcasta, follow this link

Originally Posted by 925
2) Since the bonus is to push their new MSP-LAX non-stops, wouldn't routing through MKE or anywhere else invalidate the bonus (not the price)?
I believes you are correct, sir! You will have flown more miles, but with 50% on CO.....
Old May 7, 2004, 12:04 am

I'll answer both of my own questions, hoping someone else sees something I don't see:

1) I read the NWA.com link before I asked my original question. This time, I read it again, searching for ALL occurances of the letter "q" as in qualifying or EQM. Nada! But I DID find this: Bonus Miles do not count toward Elite qualification. (And this is standard policy, practice, and as the 2004 Elite Benefits Guide says, basically "If it doesn't say EQM it ain't EQM". Page 4, "Unless otherwise specified, Bonus Miles and non-airline partner miles do not count toward Elite qualification").

2) Travel on flights between Los Angeles and Minneapolis/St Paul that include a connection from another flight do not qualify for this promotion. Example, BOS-MSP-LAX itinerary does not qualify.

I believe a correct reading says that you only get the bonus miles if it is a RT with NO other connections to anywhere for anything, and you also get the bonus miles, but only butt-in-seat miles are Elite Qualifying, not the bonus miles too. Be careful!

Last edited by 925; May 7, 2004 at 12:11 am
Old May 7, 2004, 12:13 am

register and click through

Originally Posted by 925
1) I read this before I asked my original question. This time, I read it again, searching for ALL occurances of the letter "q" as in qualifying or EQM. Nada! But I DID find this: Bonus Miles do not count toward Elite qualification. (And this is standard policy, practice, and as the 2004 Elite Benefits Guide says, basically "If it doesn't say EQM it ain't EQM").
If you enter your WP number and click through, you get a second screen:

Earn Double Miles and Double Elite Qualifying Miles when you fly between Los Angeles and Minneapolis/St. Paul!

Thank you for your interest in our improved Los Angeles-Minneapolis/St. Paul service. Fly this route between April 4 and June 30, 2004 and you can earn double miles.

For a single qualifying roundtrip, you?ll earn:
3,072 Credited Flight Miles
+ 3,072 Bonus Miles
= 6,144 Total Miles

What?s more, you?ve been specially selected for an extra bonus! The 3,072 Bonus Miles you earn on your roundtrip will count toward Elite qualification.

However that may have been targeted so you may not have gotten the EQM bonus.
tom

Last edited by mot29; May 7, 2004 at 12:17 am
Old May 7, 2004, 12:17 am

Then it is TARGETED... still be careful!

Here is a DIRECT cut of my page (formatting lost on FT):

Earn Double Miles when you fly between Minneapolis/St. Paul and Los Angeles!

Thank you for your interest in our improved Los Angeles-Minneapolis/St. Paul service. Fly this route between April 4 and June 30, 2004 and you can earn double miles.

For a single qualifying roundtrip, you’ll earn:

3,072 Credited Flight Miles
+ 3,072 Bonus Miles
= 6,144 Total Miles

Read the complete terms and conditions below and then click on the "Register for this Promotion!" button to submit. You must be registered for this promotion prior to travel to earn double miles.

WorldPerks Number: xxxxxxxxx

The previous post is different in both the FIRST line and the LAST line, therefore the confusion. Targeted!

In their Terms and conditions is this:

Members registering for promotions with overlapping time periods will only be eligible for the first promotion for which they are registered.

I wonder if THAT is why I didn't get the Double EQM, as I AM registered for other promotions. As a matter of course, I register for ALL promotions, just so I don't miss one accidentally. With this condition, my practice could cause me to really lose out!

Last edited by 925; May 7, 2004 at 12:42 am
Old May 7, 2004, 12:20 am

LAX and MSP area zip codes, maybe? Most of my flying is out of ONT, maybe NW wants to convince me to transfer some of that to LAX. But, short of a bonus like this, I don't relish the drive to LAX -- now if NW would reestablish the link with UnitedEx that used to let me use United commuter flights to LAX.
tom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.