Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Presidents Club match?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2002, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC
Fairmont Presidents Club match?

Anyone out there know if the Fairmont Presidents Club program matches other frequent stay statuses?

I've qualified for Hyatt Diamond and Starwood Platinum through 2004, and was interested in staying at a few Fairmonts...
Old Dec 13, 2002, 9:00 pm

Programs: Recovering long-time AC SE100K (currently E50K), Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I don't know of any matching programs. But if you join the club, they send you free upgrade certificates that in my experience are often quite easy to use.

Sorry I don't have the exact info you're looking for.
Old Dec 14, 2002, 10:38 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
I'm an earned PC Gold, and had two of my colleagues comp'ed to the same status (one from SPG Platinum, the other from Hilton Diamond). A few of my friends got Gold via an AMEX/Canada promotion, so if you live north of the border find out if you're qualified as well.

Fairmont includes a 3rd night free certificate and 2 suite upgrade certs (both were confirmed at reservation, weeks ahead of check-in !)
Old Dec 20, 2002, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC
Thanks for the feedback!

FYI, my status was comped at Gold based on either or both of SPG Platinum and Hyatt Diamond.

Looking forward to seeing a couple Fairmonts...
Old Jan 24, 2003, 4:01 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wildblueyonder:
Thanks for the feedback!

FYI, my status was comped at Gold based on either or both of SPG Platinum and Hyatt Diamond.

Looking forward to seeing a couple Fairmonts...
</font>
I'm looking to do the same as I'm planning to visit the Chateau Frontenac this summer. so Wildblueyonder, may I ask what your process was - did you enroll in their affinity program first? call first? who did you talk to etc? I'm HH Gold and SPG Gold and Platinum with American Airlines if that does anything.

Thanks for any advice.

Old Mar 10, 2003, 7:18 am

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Same question, what is best process to go for a Fairmont status match. I just telephoneed, but I think it was a reservations only center, not Presidents Club. They offered no help. I will try again - does mail with documentation work better?

Thanks for any insight.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
CLD, LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MoreMiles!:
I'm an earned PC Gold, and had two of my colleagues comp'ed to the same status (one from SPG Platinum, the other from Hilton Diamond). A few of my friends got Gold via an AMEX/Canada promotion, so if you live north of the border find out if you're qualified as well.

Fairmont includes a 3rd night free certificate and 2 suite upgrade certs (both were confirmed at reservation, weeks ahead of check-in !)
</font>
You can also combine the suite upgrade and third night free for the same visit.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 6:40 am

Out of curiosity - Is anyone else still awaiting their Gold level membership package with Fairmont, or is it just me?
Old Mar 15, 2003, 6:50 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Goldmember:
Out of curiosity - Is anyone else still awaiting their Gold level membership package with Fairmont, or is it just me?</font>
Nope. It's not just you. I'm also waiting...

Old Mar 15, 2003, 8:29 am

Too bad....there goes my room upgrade in YVR next week...
Old Mar 16, 2003, 8:22 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I emailed them in the first week of March and they responded saying that the packages would be going out at the end of that week. Still nothing here.

Goldmember: I don't know what type of u/g you're trying for, but you might phone the reservation centre and tell them that your package hasn't arrived yet - they may upgrade you in advance.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 8:09 am

Tax Dude - Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure if they would comp me an upgrade in the absence of both the gold card and the upgrade certificate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it show up today.

Are they usually this late with their mailings?
Old Mar 17, 2003, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Goldmember:
Too bad....there goes my room upgrade in YVR next week...</font>
I would call Fairmont and ask if they would upgrade you in their reservation system. Given the way they have treated me, I bet they would!

Old Mar 17, 2003, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb

Are they usually this late with their mailings?
</font>
Last year they were several months late as I recall. They included another suite u/g cert as compensation. They had extended the qualification period though so I imagine it took them longer to sort things out.

I've always found Fairmont to be really good about upgrading. They rarely even ask me for a cert when checking in.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just received my 2003 President Club basic package. The major change is that the 2 upgrade certificates have disappeared to be replaced by a single $15 dining certificate.

Another clawback !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.