Will Omni match status?

Old Mar 5, 2003, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Will Omni match status?

Do they even have status?
Old Mar 18, 2003, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum, Southwest Airlines Preferred Plus
They do have a Gold program which is described on the website. I have received several upgrade and discount certificates and a couple of on the spot upgrades since I became Gold at Omni. I don't believe they have an official policy about comping status
Old Mar 19, 2003, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I guess Omni is just not very popular around here.

I did sign up for their program and will be staying at Omni this weekend. When I asked about matching status the csr was absolutely bewildered. Once I had sufficiently explained the concept she dryly replied "no".
Old Mar 19, 2003, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I was given matching status a few years ago. It's worth it simply to join the select guest program even if you can't get Gold. I'm always well taken care of at Omni hotels.
Old Mar 19, 2003, 6:41 pm

As soon as I joined the Omni Preferred Guest program, I began to receive upgrade coupons and special offers, which were honored even on my first visit. I was treated very well. I think you only need 6 stays for elite status, which I think includes guaranteed accommodation. But even with the basic, they do offer nice perks! I realy liked these hotels. They are also offering free high-speed internet access at a number of properties; this will be systemwide sometime later this year.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 8:12 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
omni refused to match my plat at marriott or spg.
Old Mar 22, 2003, 10:32 am
Original Poster

I'm at the Omni SF at this very moment. Very nice hotel. Room is nicely adorned. Great bathroom. Select membership got us the morning beverage service and newspaper.

When we checked in, the desk clerk handed me a sealed envelope along with our keys and said "this is for you" as if she was giving me some wonderful mystery amenity...

It was a note from the manager greeting us. hehe
Old Feb 10, 2009, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Any recent status match experiences with OMNI?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
They dont match. I tried with no luck. no real tiers so...great morning beverage service...I check off two people and get double everything in the mornings....some of the beds at the Omnis could be better!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold
I recently completed my 6th stay in 24 months (requirement for Gold), and after a couple of weeks when my status didn't change online I gave them a call. The rep moved me into Gold, but also said something about the program being under review due to economic circumstances. She didn't have any other details.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
They DID comp me Select Plus Gold last year, from Hilton and Hyatt Diamond. I only had 2 Omni stays at the time, and both were at government (Omni non-qualifying) rates. I also told the phone rep about my Amtrak elite membership, where just 3 Omni stays gets you 5,000 bonus Amtrak points worth up to $250 if used for Amtrak bedroom accommodations.

Select Plus Gold gets you a one-category upgrade including suites, one of which (a named suite) I just enjoyed at the historic Parker House in Boston - for $159 per night.

Last edited by Explore; Feb 18, 2009 at 10:53 pm
Old Mar 11, 2009, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by thecleave
but also said something about the program being under review due to economic circumstances. She didn't have any other details.
I don't know about that, but I've heard it is in the process of being improved with more features.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.