AF to restart flight to Algiers

Old Apr 30, 2003, 10:27 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
AF to restart flight to Algiers

Following the demise of Air Lib, AF will probably restart flights to Algiers on June 28th, with two daily flights.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 8:46 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Following the demise of Air Lib, AF will probably restart flights to Algiers on June 28th, 2003, with two daily flights.
Starting March 26th, 2006, with the summer season schedule, AF is reintroducing a daily flight from CDG to ALG, operated with an A320, from CDG2B. An ORY-ORA flight is also planned for 2007.

Last edited by JOUY31; Mar 7, 2006 at 2:43 am
Old Mar 6, 2006, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I thought they would never fly there, after the hijacking?
Old Mar 6, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
They resumed the flights to Algiers quite a long time ago now (2003 or even before).

2 daily flights from ORY (AF's domestic hub).
1 daily flight from MRS.

The CDG-ALG (AF3548) makes sense, especially at 11:10. LH serves FRA-ALG with an abominable 03:40 AM return (duration: 2h45. Aircraft: B737).
Old Mar 7, 2006, 1:48 am

Programs: FB GLD, AA GLD, HH Silver, UA GM
I flew 5 or 6 returns last year and the flights were always full (especially on Saturdays and Wednesdays).

Aircrafts never stay in Algiers overnight and crew does not exit the plane. Additionally, there are 3 AF security guys on every flights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.